Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Haha, don't be sorry! It's hilarious that I was like "hmm where's the pen and paper app" without thinking!
    I think I've done enough trawling and researching then I keep finding information which makes me feel like I need to go back to the beginning and reset the 3 month timer! I delayed conception another 3 months after finding out about the LE diet. I had tracked my cycles with OPK's in preparation for using the babydust method then found Gender Dreaming and began the LE diet then realised it wasn't just the content of my diet but managing blood sugar so stopped snacking etc then have felt like I keep changing what I am and am not allowed to eat because I read something new. I also find it really hard to count calories accurately. I began IF in June/July. Then at the start of September I started the LE diet with proper blood sugar management (cut out snacking and gave long periods between my 2 meals), cut out Gluten and night shades (to manage inflammation for my autoimmune condition), introduced coffee (now at 2 cups per day) and having 1 alcoholic drink almost every day. I was planning to begin TTC at the end of Nov.

I mistakenly thought that exercise was for the weight loss part and because I had to maintain my weight I didn't think I needed to do the 60 mins cardio. I though as long as I was avoiding any strengthening exercise and exercising a bit more was fine but have just found your essay about choosing either couch potato or 60 mins of daily cardio for girl sway and am now worried. I have been doing about 10,000 steps a day from incidental exercise and walks with the kids. When I conceived my boys I was pretty sedentary and would only do about 2000-3000 steps a day (no cardio or muscle building). So I'm pretty active now in comparison. Have I hurt my sway significantly? Should I start again and reset another 3 months?

I definitely can't do the 60 mins cardio as I've been losing far too much weight. I would have to do couch potato but that's tricky with kids. I'm not sure how to do this diet correctly. I feel like I can never get the balance right! It's also hard because no GF items are really wholegrain and they are not very filling or long burning. I haven't been able to go vegetarian because I get too hungry. I've been eating mostly rice and rice/corn cakes for my carbs. I've also had to eat a bit of meat with my lunch. I have a normal serving of meat for dinner each night.
    for LUNCH it's mostly 4 corn cakes with ricotta cheese and maybe some sliced deli chicken meat and cauliflower, bean, coconut cream soup and for DINNER it's some sliced chicken breast on basmati rice with cauliflower, broccoli, and a pear and rocket salad with parmesan and balsamic/olive oil combo. I'll eat yoghurt and berries for supper if I'm really hungry or a bowl of low fat ice-cream. I have struggled to avoid sugary snacks like chocolate many nights of the week straight after dinner or as my supper. I'm BF 3 times a day. I've gone from 114 pounds to 101. What should I do? I really don't want to wait because it could still take a few months to conceive, and I'm not getting any younger but I would never forgive myself for not doing it properly just for the sake a few months. It's not worth it if that means I don't get my girl (well give it the best shot)! Can you point me to your essays that you think I need to read first or anything else I need to do or plans if you think I should get one. Just not sure if I'm doing this right. Or does it sound pretty right? Thank you again! You really have been so helpful! It means so much!
    Last edited by sarahrose; October 20th, 2020 at 02:33 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's harder to do the diet when you have other concerns but the good news is we have seen a lot of pink swayers who went gluten free and ended up with girls after that.

The change you need to make RIGHT HERE AND NOW which will fix a lot is that you need to eat full fat foods. No more low fat stuff. You can also go to 3 meals a day. It doesn't need to be two meals, both 2 and 3 are fine on LE Diet. And eating vegetables is fine, but the fat and protein in fruit and veg we do not count at all (meaning you need to hit 40-50 g protein and 50-60 g fat (your fat intake needs to be quite a bit higher) WITHOUT counting the protein and fat in fruit and veg. And for low carb veg like cauliflower, broccoli, etc you don't' count anything, not even calories they're free and unlimited.

Chicken breast is ok, but the catch with it is that it's quite low fat and low cal for the amount of protein you're getting. so you quickly "spend" your protein and have eaten barely any fat and cals. I would like to see you possibly focus more on nuts, legumes, full fat dairy, eggs, and soy foods (3 times a week) all of which will have more fat and/or calories than the chicken breast will.

I think that here and now you should probably not do any more exercise than you're doing. While I might have had a different opinion had I got in back when your weight was 114, you've lost wayyy too much and we cannot possibly have you add in any exercise now.

I would go ahead and have you try from now. I'm worried any more postponing will end up with your ovulation stopping and we'd have a hard job ahead of us getting it going again.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic! I've been eating full fat dairy just as you had recommended and have eaten legumes and nuts here and there. I avoided eggs and nut butters as I had read you had said they're very high in nutritional value. I will include a couple of eggs a week and up the legumes. I'm sorry I haven't seemed to do the LE diet right. I have found it so hard because I was trying to stick to the fat and protein limits but every time I would enter a meal/or food into my fitness pal for calorie counting, it would show a warning of my limits and that I was close. For example, my salad with parmesan cheese and a little olive oil would take up a third of my fat intake?!? It just made me really have to limit a lot of foods to fit into the protein and fat limits. Despite this, I haven't included the cals from low carb veg and have been eating potatoes and other higher carb veggies in moderation. GF diet I introduced when I started LE because of what I'd read on here about inflammatory and auto immune swaying blue. Do you think GF improves my chances of swaying pink or wholegrain would have been better?

I'll be ovulating in less than a week. If I try from NOW then I'll have done IF for about 4 months but I'll have only been doing the LE diet, coffee and alcohol for 6-8 weeks and I was hoping to do at least 10-12 weeks and do all I could to make sure my sway was as strong as possible. Do you think all things considered my sway is strong enough or do you thinks my maternal condition has reduced enough? If we should be attempting to conceive in a few days, is there anything else I should be doing? I see so many people add things in the AF-O period. I had quite a few sugary cheats during AF this month because I couldn't control myself. When I said I wasn't getting younger, its because I want to have this baby before 35 if I can but it's not dire. I just want to make sure that I've done the proper things to sway instead of just going for it before my body is at the ideal condition and then not conceive a girl. I would love to try this month but do you think I have a high chance of swaying girl considering what you know about my sway? Thank you so much for your help xo

Also, I've just tracked every calorie consumed today, eating typical LE diet foods and I'm just over the protein and fat limits (no meat consumed today). I'm not sure how to stabilise my weight but I have definitely stuck to the protein and fat limits you recommended. I haven't been having less. #I'mtrying

ANOTHER thing. Hubby has been taking OLE. I thought he was taking 2 of the tablets as we had discussed. Today I found out that he confused the dosage and has only been taking one capsule a day of 3500mg. This dosage is too low to reduce sperm motility/health isn't it?
    Last edited by sarahrose; October 21st, 2020 at 08:31 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You can have eggs and nut butters WITHIN LIMITS. Both eggs and nut butters have a mystical reputation as "pink sway foods" so I regularly get people here eating 12 eggs a day and a jar of peanut butter a week who think they're swaying pink because they eat "magic foods". But foods don't sway, it's the overall nutrient content of your diet that sways. Unfortunately many people won't track their meals and only eat "magic foods" and it is them who should limit those foods. You can have them within limits.

If gluten free is not for medical reasons, it's just another thing to track, and I would choose the option that will work best for YOU to keep weight on.

You can go up to 50-60 g for both protein and fat. If you were aiming too low on fat intake upping that somewhat (which you desperately need to do to prevent any more weight loss) will help.

Twelve weeks has gotten best results but anything longer than 6 was acceptable. It's your call on that. I would personally wait and try to keep weight on.

3500 mg is a massive dose of OLE. Do you mean 350??

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    And if need be we can even expand the fat and protein by 5 g and the cals to 2000+ to keep weight on. You can't keep losing weight, though.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Since giving up gluten and nightshades really quickly my auto immune inflam response must have settled because my psoriasis improved. I'm not sure what it is. I've changed so many things in my diet I have no idea what it is but I have had a little flare up this last week so who knows whether it's something I've eaten or just hormonal. Considering it's been so much better since I cut out the gluten (with some cheats here and there), I thought I better stick to that.

I feel like I'm faced with this conundrum right now. Before starting the LE diet, I used to have a very high calorie diet and eat very frequently and large meals and my weight was stable. I don't think my body will be able to maintain weight within the fat and protein limits (as I've been going a bit over anyway) and I'm concerned that I will either continue to lose weight if I don't increase it by a lot (I'm not sure though) and perhaps stop ovulation or on the other hand, I will have to really up limits to and then will end up swaying blue/eat in a boy friendly way (increase maternal condition) in coming months and risk swaying blue with future month tries. I don't have scales and it was only by weighing myself at someone else's house that I saw how much weight I'd lost. This is so frustrating. I only started LE on the 24th of Aug but I can't quite remember how well I did it or whether I knew all the information and I don't think I stopped the snacking between meals (because I didn't know I needed to) until the start of Sept, which is when I also introduced coffee and alcohol.
    If we did try this month it's probably unlikely that we would conceive anyway but my sway would be:

IF - 4 months
    LE Diet - approx 8-10 weeks
    Coffee - 7 weeks
    Alcohol - 8 weeks
    BF - 3 x's per day
    Exercise - moderate (for me. I was very sedentary with my boys) (also, I think I've lost muscle mass)
    DH on OLE and IF most days

Re OLE, this is an excerpt of the ingredients "Each capsule contains Olea europaea (Olive) leaf extract 350mg, equivalent to 3.5g (3,500mg) fresh leaf, providing 66mg Oleuropein". I was reading the "equivalent" bit. So is this a good amount? Should he be having 1 or 2 capsules?

Anyway, I seriously have no idea what to do now?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    absolutely. Anyone doing any type of diet for health reasons (including mental health!) should carry on doing that and we focus on swaying in other ways. I consider psoriasis for medical reasons. Some people do it because they saw me tell someone that I'd seen a lot of people get girls on a gluten free diet (true) and then assume that means everyone should do it (not true).

Regarding maternal condition, ANY changes you make in the direction of pink is fine. If you were eating 3000 cals a day and you go to 2500 that still sways pink. If you were eating 100 g protein and you go to 70, that still sways pink. If you can't cut fat at all but start eating more vegetable fats, that still sways pink. I may not be able to tell you that it's as reliable as going the whole hog - but for YOU it very well may be.

To be honest I never wanted to do the limits anyway, I just wanted to have people cut back a little. But people took it wayyyy too far and ended up starving themselves, so I had to make the limits to keep people eating ENOUGH, really more than I did keeping anyone from eating too much (when swaying pink most people end up being too strict). so I am fine with you eating more than the upper limits. It's the LOWER limits that are set in stone.

It's fine all things considered for you to try this month. We need you to conceive before the weight drops too low. But do feel free to eat more!

ok that's actually 350 mg. For reasons I do not understand they give the doses in very weird ways on the OLE sometimes. I would just keep on with that dose if he's tolerating it ok.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12