Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I don't like guessing too early because I don't like giving people false hope or causing them false despair with wrong guesses. Wrong guesses are worse than no guess at all and I just cannot tell from these.
    That's so true. Guessing here is almost never only for fun. I hope you get your boy Jconger.

There is a lot of difference in scan quality also. Ik had a scan with my OB new machine and the images were so clear. It was amazing. You could count fingers and toes and see do much detail.
    Last edited by Slingers; March 9th, 2021 at 04:00 PM.

2. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes Jconger liked this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks so much atomic! That makes sense. I’m just grasping for straws here this is so hard. I want to have hope but also protect myself... thanks for the input!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Daughter of the King
    Wife of a Resident
    Momma to two beautiful girls
    Health coach and personal trainer
    Praying for a son
    Baby #3 due Oct 2017

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slingers View Post
    That's do true. Guessing here is almost never only for fun. I hope you get your boy Jconger.

There is a lot of difference in scan quality also. Ik had a scan with my OB new machine and the images were so clear. It was amazing. You could count fingers and toes and see do much detail.
    Thank you!! Yeah we weren’t using the best machine

Daughter of the King
    Wife of a Resident
    Praying for a son
    Baby #3 due Oct 2017

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    It's not that it doesn't show anything, it's that it is too early and all babies look somewhat girlish at this point. All babies start off with things that look like clitoris and vagina and it's only once the Y chromosome wakes up and starts making testosterone that the penis and testicles develop. At 12 weeks straight up this process is somewhat underway but is not reliable to spot it on ultrasounds. There are a FEW babies, a minority, where you can see a ding-a-ling at 12 weeks. Most are not visible till the end of the 12th, even into the 13th week. I have seen some boys who I would have sworn were girls even at the end of the 13th week. So I don't like guessing too early because I don't like giving people false hope or causing them false despair with wrong guesses. Wrong guesses are worse than no guess at all and I just cannot tell from these.
    And you don’t believe in the skull theory right? The only thing you really go off of is the nub?

Daughter of the King
    Wife of a Resident
    Praying for a son
    Baby #3 due Oct 2017

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I believe skull theory is possible (males and females do have differences in that regard) but it's too unreliable and the individual genetic variations and what the ultrasound tech has focused in on for me to feel comfy giving guesses on that basis very often.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

9. Likes Jconger liked this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok Atomic, if and only if I was truly crazy enough to try ONE more time what would you have me do differently? I mean try for once lol. I just still can’t believe it hasn’t happened. I’ve always been a big lifter and not a lot of cardio... I feel like even though we didn’t get to sway I had made all of those changes for months before we fell pregnant. With Finley (our 3rd) you really felt we had a good sway. Maybe i am just destined to be a girl only mom... but wanted your thoughts. I just can’t believe I’m here again for the 5th time thinking “let’s try one more time! He’s gotta be in there” lol. Thank you

Daughter of the King
    Wife of a Resident
    Praying for a son
    Baby #3 due Oct 2017

11. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Tell me everything you did with what you consider your best sway and I'll tell you what, if anything to tweak. This time you really didn't get a chance!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok I gained 4lbs, continued to lift heavy, no cardio. We dtd like every day for 5 days. Never did that before around ovulation. Maybe we had a cut off? I know Friday was our last day of dtd. Sunday I had a positive opk. I wasn’t planning to ovulate until that following weds or Thursday. I had never ovulated that early before. We did use lubricant and I’ve always gotten up immediately following bding.

I cut the products out that you encouraged me to stop except 1/2 spark. Increased whole milk products and red meat. No meds or anything.

Maybe my hubby has low testosterone? Would that sway? He switched from putting his laptop on his lap to a lap desk.

I’m not sure what else? Maybe we only make girls.

I thought you were crazy to have five when we were trying for our third lol. Now here I am being crazy enough to think about a sixth! Maybe i just need to let go of this dream.

Daughter of the King
    Wife of a Resident
    Praying for a son
    Baby #3 due Oct 2017

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When were the days of BD in relation to when you think you ovulated?

What lubricant?

Let's stay laying down 30 min. after sex next time.

Low testosterone may sway but we'll focus on what we CAN fix!

How long at a time were you lifting and how many days per week?

It's such a hard call to make to keep trying or not. I obviously got what I wanted, but not gonna lie, it was a hard road for a few years there (and my oldest two sons are significantly older, we had them when we were extremely young and then took a break for many years before we added the little ones). We're only just now coming out of the level of work and financial struggle of it all. At the same time, I knew some people from my time on InGender who decided to be done with their boys and move on, and they were posting pictures of margaritas on beaches and their fun family vacations and I have to admit it did make me question sometimes "did I really do the right thing". Obviously I would not trade my daughter ever, but it did come at a cost that everyone in the family had to pay, not just me. Less mom time, less money, less space in the house, etc.

I don't say this to deter anyone, but just to remind you guys that even when the dream does come true it's not without its drawbacks.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well I thought I wasn’t going to ovulate for another 6 days or so from our last bd. We bded every day for 5 days and then last time was Christmas (Friday). I first took a opk and it was positive Sunday night. I usually ovulate 36 hours or so after first positive but who knows if that would have been Saturday if I had taken it sooner?

This goes back to the timing thing... I’ve never waited 24 hours after a positive opk... which then makes me think timing might work

And it’s so tough. Four is a lot and I never thought about five until I saw several people I know have the opposite gender at five. We were done with three so five is going to be insane... I’m looking at all of these people on Instagram making me think maybe we try one more time. We are already way in over our heads... i don’t know.
    Daughter of the King
    Wife of a Resident
    Praying for a son
    Baby #3 due Oct 2017

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast