Health coach and personal trainer
    Praying for a son
    Baby #3 due Oct 2017

2. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Using timing is always your prerogative but I strongly recommend against using "timing" where you wait 24 hours after a positive OPK because that is not only possibly more pink friendly(since you can only fit in one attempt in many cases) but is also going to really cut odds of conception. Your call but that's my reservation with that method.

Just let me know how I can help!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

4. Thanks Jconger thanked for this post
    Likes Jconger liked this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Using timing is always your prerogative but I strongly recommend against using "timing" where you wait 24 hours after a positive OPK because that is not only possibly more pink friendly(since you can only fit in one attempt in many cases) but is also going to really cut odds of conception. Your call but that's my reservation with that method.

Just let me know how I can help!
    Thank you! I just can’t figure it out otherwise. I feel like we do everything that would help sway boy what am I missing?!! Lol my midwife laughed at me when i said we should just try one more time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Daughter of the King
    Wife of a Resident
    Momma to two beautiful girls
    Praying for a son
    Baby #3 due Oct 2017

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Here's the thing though. It doesn't ever come down to one thing. Whenever you're looking for "the reason" you're on the wrong track because even the things that sway the absolute hardest are maybe only adding a few %.

There appears to be a theoretical upper window on swaying - which makes sense, because Mother Nature always wants there to be SOME boys and girls conceived across the human population, so it has to come down somewhat to chance or else whenever there was a tribe or a village that had the same lifestyle, those people would have died out because no boys or no girls would be born! So this seems to be somewhere between 66-80% depending on how conservative one wants to be with the numbers. (meaning, I think that theoretically the upper limit seems to be 80%, but in practice real world we get about 66% for both boys and girls average over time) That's between 33-20% opposites just from sheer dumb luck.

Then this doesn't even take into account the idea that some of us are coming into swaying more "set" for girls vs. boys - we've had a whole lifetime of inputs to our body (as has our hubbies) that may not be able to be undone fully even in 12 weeks of swaying or whatever.

And, of course, that we may not have it all figured out yet, and in fact DON'T! So we're missing pieces of the puzzle.

Long story short, what can and indeed all but certainly DOES happen is that people can have great blue sways that end up producing a girl. If you have swayed from 66% likely to conceive a girl, to 66% likely to conceive a boy, that's a GREAT sway but it still can end up with a girl conceived. The solution to this is NOT then going back over your life assuming "well I'm obviously doing something wrong here" and then end up doing the opposite on things that were actually swaying BLUE!

It is not only possible, but indeed, common, for people to set out to "do the opposite" and end up undermining their sway considerably because they just can't wrap their heads around that it never was just one thing, thus you can't look at one thing (even if it's a ubiquitous thing like timing)

Some examples: "I always drank milk with my girls, so this time I'll drink nothing but almond milk". "I had lots of attempts with my girls, so this time I'll only have one." "I took prenatals with my girls so this time I won't take any." "I heard coffee (or alcohol, or soy foods) sways blue and I never had coffee with my girls so now I'm going to drink it by the pot" Etc etc etc, and this ends up with people going on to conceive even more girls because they're misdiagnosing why they have girls.

Again, you need to do the sway you are comfortable with, but I just want you to be aware of that pitfall and try not to think of swaying as "if only I figure out the ONE reason I had girls I can do the opposite of that" sort of thing!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

7. Thanks Jconger thanked for this post
    Likes Jconger liked this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Here's the thing though. It doesn't ever come down to one thing. Whenever you're looking for "the reason" you're on the wrong track because even the things that sway the absolute hardest are maybe only adding a few %.

There appears to be a theoretical upper window on swaying - which makes sense, because Mother Nature always wants there to be SOME boys and girls conceived across the human population, so it has to come down somewhat to chance or else whenever there was a tribe or a village that had the same lifestyle, those people would have died out because no boys or no girls would be born! So this seems to be somewhere between 66-80% depending on how conservative one wants to be with the numbers. (meaning, I think that theoretically the upper limit seems to be 80%, but in practice real world we get about 66% for both boys and girls average over time) That's between 33-20% opposites just from sheer dumb luck.

Then this doesn't even take into account the idea that some of us are coming into swaying more "set" for girls vs. boys - we've had a whole lifetime of inputs to our body (as has our hubbies) that may not be able to be undone fully even in 12 weeks of swaying or whatever.

And, of course, that we may not have it all figured out yet, and in fact DON'T! So we're missing pieces of the puzzle.

Long story short, what can and indeed all but certainly DOES happen is that people can have great blue sways that end up producing a girl. If you have swayed from 66% likely to conceive a girl, to 66% likely to conceive a boy, that's a GREAT sway but it still can end up with a girl conceived. The solution to this is NOT then going back over your life assuming "well I'm obviously doing something wrong here" and then end up doing the opposite on things that were actually swaying BLUE!

It is not only possible, but indeed, common, for people to set out to "do the opposite" and end up undermining their sway considerably because they just can't wrap their heads around that it never was just one thing, thus you can't look at one thing (even if it's a ubiquitous thing like timing)

Some examples: "I always drank milk with my girls, so this time I'll drink nothing but almond milk". "I had lots of attempts with my girls, so this time I'll only have one." "I took prenatals with my girls so this time I won't take any." "I heard coffee (or alcohol, or soy foods) sways blue and I never had coffee with my girls so now I'm going to drink it by the pot" Etc etc etc, and this ends up with people going on to conceive even more girls because they're misdiagnosing why they have girls.

Again, you need to do the sway you are comfortable with, but I just want you to be aware of that pitfall and try not to think of swaying as "if only I figure out the ONE reason I had girls I can do the opposite of that" sort of thing!
    That’s so good! Thank you! It also comes back to faith. Do I really truly believe that God creates? That He has a plan for these little people? Or that the world revolves around me, and I can make all my dreams come true Thank you for all of this! Perhaps i just need to adopt a boy Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Daughter of the King
    Wife of a Resident
    Momma to two beautiful girls
    Praying for a son
    Baby #3 due Oct 2017

9. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021