Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Back and considering ttc for a fifth

Hello all!!! I was here right before I conceived my DD3. Im back after a few years. Here’s my story. Would love any feedback!

Had DD1 without trying on the first month.

We had a miscarriage.

DD2 heard of the shettles method and tried, but couldn’t really work it. Focused on eating more salty like foods and more foods in general. Conceived after hubby got back from several trips for residency interviews.

DD3 I tried a few things including shettles, but again was just not conceiving so stopped that. Conceived after trying for several months. Found this group right before conceiving. I tried some of the tips here before conceiving, but it was only for a month (and now I don’t remember any of them lol).

Dd4 was a complete surprise. Our oops! We thought we were done with 3. She is the best surprise EVER!!

Well, I still have a desire for a son. I’ve longed for a boy since we decided to have babies. I absolutely love and adore my girls of course! Would never trade one in. Whenever I hear of someone having a son though I always feel a bit sad. Am I missing out on something?!

Five sounds INSANE but so did four. Lol I am a personal trainer on the smaller size. I vary between 110-112lbs. I eat small meals often.

Can someone lead me in the right direction for food, exercise, timing, etc? I’m interested in anything that might help if we decide for a fifth. Like I said, I’m not sold on the idea of 5 but my heart still feels like a boy is missing in our family. I feel like he exists. Am I crazy?! Lol

Where I am at right now. Our 4th is 11 months and I am still nursing. I’ve focused on putting on some muscle mass and have already gained 3 lbs in the last 3 months. I am very lean and would like to stay lean just increase my muscle if possible. Lifting 3x p week and cycling (focusing on legs vs heart rate) 2x p week. What else should I focus on right now? How long after nursing should we wait to try? Etc.

Also, is there anyone here with four of the same gender and conceived the opposite? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Daughter of the King
    Wife of a Resident
    Momma to two beautiful girls
    Health coach and personal trainer
    Praying for a son
    Baby #3 due Oct 2017

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Jconger I remember you from when you had your DD3 Congratulations on your DD4!! I had the same pattern as you just with gender reversed.
    DS1
    miscarriage (this baby was a girl)
    DS2
    DS3
    DS4
    Then after believing we would never have a girl we had 2 girls in a row so you 100% can get the opposite gender after 4 of the same

5 isnt much different from 4 to be honest, baby will just slot right in You've already maxed out a 5 seat car with 4 kids 2 adults so 4-5 is less of a change than 3-4 kids as thats the one where you've got to up-size the car.
    Good luck with ttc if you do decide to go ahead and sending you all my blue dust.
    now 6blue5pink

3. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes Jconger liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If I remember right you actually had a pretty good sway working for DD3 and then we found out after the fact you were still exercising a lot and using the herbal shakes, right?? (you posted about this in a thread I happen to read through a lot, I promise I'm not cyberstalking you LOL)

The absolute BEST thing you can do is add that muscle. That is GREAT!

Tell me about what an average day of eating looks liek for you. I would say protein and carbs at every meal and snack, as much healthy/saturated fat as you can get without gaining body fat.

When did you stop nursing?? And how close postpartum are you?

Yes I have 4 boys and got my girl, but we have had several people get boys after 4 and even 5 girls as well.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

5. Likes Jconger liked this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you!! Ahh I remember you as well!!

Thanks atomic! Yes, I am eating something very close to this...
    Breakfast within the hour Of waking usually

English muffin + PB + blueberries and 2 eggs

Plant based (with stevia sweetener) meal replacement 24g protein + 24 g carbs

Lunch either a salad with brown rice, a sandwich with multi grain bread and turkey, leftovers

Pistachios with banana or (high protein) yogurt with
    Granola or oatmeal with pb and protein powder (this is made with a sucralose sweetener)

Dinner always a protein and carb with veggies

Before bed apple and cookie butter or angie’s popcorn lol making sure i didn’t miss any calories plus a protein shake

I am still using supplements. I take a BCAA, probiotic, 1000 mg omegas, multi with iron and still doing the Spark (vitamin drink with caffeine and sweetened with sucralose). I only do one of those a day.

I’m still nursing the babe. She is 11 months. No period yet.

What should i change or add? And how many months of that before ttc?

I’ve already put on 3lbs in the month but i feel like my acid reflux is acting up since eating more. I hadn’t had this issue in a long.

Anyway... thoughts?? Thank you so much!!

Daughter of the King
    Wife of a Resident
    Praying for a son
    Baby #3 due Oct 2017

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    4 daughters how amazing, I say definitely go again why not!

I have 2 sons and after reading lots on this awesome site I believe the main reason I had my two boys was the amount of calories I was eating. I am also very lean but had a large food intake with lots of sugar, salt and meat. I was always snacking and took quite a lot of vitamins. I’m trying for a girl now and have cut my food intake in half!

I hope that helps, sending you all my blue dust if I have any left! All the best, I really hope you get your son xx

8. Thanks njbeachbums thanked for this post
    Likes Jconger, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by YesIcan2020 View Post
    4 daughters how amazing, I say definitely go again why not!

I have 2 sons and after reading lots on this awesome site I believe the main reason I had my two boys was the amount of calories I was eating. I am also very lean but had a large food intake with lots of sugar, salt and meat. I was always snacking and took quite a lot of vitamins. I’m trying for a girl now and have cut my food intake in half!

I hope that helps, sending you all my blue dust if I have any left! All the best, I really hope you get your son xx
    Thank you so much for your feedback. I am thinking calories could have something to do with it.
    I’m looking forward to hearing more on what atomic thinks. Good luck to you with a girl as well. And yes!! I am so blessed!!!!!

Daughter of the King
    Wife of a Resident
    Praying for a son
    Baby #3 due Oct 2017

10. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am so sorry I thought I'd answered this but maybe I didn't???

how many grams of protein and fat total?

What all is in the protein and Spark shakes? I have this recollection of there being inositol in one of them, was that right?

I feel like 1000 mg Omegas is too much. when you say Omegas, what kind are they specifically?

I think you'll just have to wait till your cycle resumes, so however long on diet till that happens!

12. Thanks Jconger thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I’m honestly not measuring my fat and protein. I am just focusing on a protein every meal and eating about 5-6 meals a day. Every meal has between 15-25g protein. I do a half of an avocado to an entire one once a day. Then nuts and Pb. The omegas I take are 600mg eicosapentaenoic and 400mf docosahexaeonic so total of 1000mg.

There’s no herbs in the meal replacement shakes or spark (vitamin drink with caffeine). What specifics do you need to know?

Also, no timing in waiting after nursing? I thought there was some sort of recommendation in waiting in the past?

Has anything changed with timing of intercourse around ovulation or frequency?

Daughter of the King
    Wife of a Resident
    Praying for a son
    Baby #3 due Oct 2017

14. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I am so sorry I thought I'd answered this but maybe I didn't???

how many grams of protein and fat total?

What all is in the protein and Spark shakes? I have this recollection of there being inositol in one of them, was that right?

I feel like 1000 mg Omegas is too much. when you say Omegas, what kind are they specifically?

I think you'll just have to wait till your cycle resumes, so however long on diet till that happens!
    Oh and that was it about the shakes and spark. No inositol. I’m not even sure what that is lol.

Daughter of the King
    Wife of a Resident
    Praying for a son
    Baby #3 due Oct 2017

16. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would take the Omegas every other day. We've been seeing better results with only 500 mg daily vs. 1000.

I would like you to be getting more animal fat like butter. You're getting a LOT of vegetable fat, and we want more animal/saturated fat to be coming in than vegetable if at all possible.

Inositol isn't an herb, it's a nutrient. I'd just like to see the nutrient profiles of what is in those shakes.

I prefer you guys wait till 18 months postpartum. I'm fine if you keep nursing though (I've seen too many people wean before they wanted to only to get an opposite anyway) But I understand you may want to try sooner than that.

I still like you guys to be having regular unprotected sex every 2-4 days outside of the fertile window and then 3-5 attempts IN the fertile window. But if you still want to keep timing, you'd have hubby do the release every 2-4 days, and then go for the attempt the night of positive OPK, again that next morning (O Day) and again that following night (O Day) Then have one more attempt the following day (O+1) just to be on the safe side and then go to every other day a couple rounds. That way i you end up with a delayed ovulation you're still covered.

18. Thanks Jconger thanked for this post
Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast