Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey all! Just doing an introduction...

After stalking the forum and seriously struggling with implementing a lot of these changes I am having to make in order to conceive, I figured it was time I actually say hello!
    I'm 35, never had kids or been pregnant at all (probably because 99% of my partners have been biologically female lol). I have just decided to start this whole process and have a donor set up and everything. Just doing the "prep" work now.
    I'm aiming to sway pink (hopefully), waiting on my plan to be all finished

I am super struggling with this LE diet! It goes against my natural eating inclinations in every way lol. I don't like diet sodas or anything sweet, i mostly eat very low carb, high protein. I don't exercise really at all because of my insane work schedule and an imminent move across the country in 3 months and have been trying to lose 20lbs for what feels like forever. I don't naturally eat very many calories at all, and I'm terrified that this diet is adding calories to my diet and will make me actually gain weight!

Another thing that I'd love to get anyone else's input on is medications and supplements.
    Seems there's a lot of views about different supplements swaying one way or another...
    I spoke to my GYN and she told me a lot of the medications I am on, I'm going to have to wean off of them if possible and try to go without them. The only ones I'm really concerned about going off of are antidepressants. I wonder how far before conceiving do you have to get off meds like that? Can anyone weigh in on that topic or link me to a specific discussion they think might be helpful?

Anyway, I'm workin on it!
    It's really nice to meet you all and I wish you all the best of luck and all the will power in the world!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome!! So happy to "meet" you!

Give me a brief rundown of what you think the LE Diet even is. Many people find out about LE Diet from Facebook or some other site where they have the information completely wrong (like, diet soda is NOT a part of the LE Diet, you can have it if you want but I insist on everyone limiting that to 2-3 servings a day as approved by the FDA, so if someone told you the LE Diet involves lots of diet drinks, that's not true).

Based on what you're describing I think you'd do much better on our alternate LE Diet anyway:

1500-1800 cals a day, 50-60 g protein and fat (not counting the protein and fat in fruits and high carb veg, and NOTHING in low carb veg, not even calories. Low carb veg are free and unlimited, no need to count them, have as much as you want.) Whole grains only, no white refined grains, and full fat dairy only, no skim. No sugar (candy, cake, cookies, etc) though sugar added in things like sauces in small amounts is ok. This type of diet has been by far more effective than the standard LE Diet and I agree the standard diet will make you gain weight.

None of the supplements have worked for swaying. The only ones that have seemed to help are fiber and possibly myoinositol but that is not suitable for everyone to take.

Weaning off antidepressants is beyond my pay grade, did the doc not advise you about when and how to do that?? Some people take them right up to BFP and then wean off, others go to lower doses and then wean off at BFP, some people even continue into pregnancy (after doing a risk benefit analysis). But it's just not something I can really help with as I'm not a doctor and don't feel comfy with that.

If at all possible even if you have to do moderate exercise I'd try to fit some in. Since you do have some trouble losing weight and have to keep your diet fairly dialed in to keep weight off, you would likely get far more benefit to blood sugar control from mod. exercise than you would risk in terms of possibly raising testosterone, as long as you had lost at least a little weight on a lower protein diet.

Long story short - any info you can provide will help me help YOU to get this diet dialed in to something you will do well on. But yes you're right the standard LE is not going to work for you.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the reply atomic!

I’ll reply with more details re: diet in my questionnaire thread, since I’m sure that will help with my personalized plan.

I’ve read all the downloadable materials that came with the personalized plan I purchased.
    As for the question about meds- I just figured I can’t be the only person who has to get off their antidepressants and someone might have some tips or advice!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey, no worries re the antidepressants, I hope someone chimes in! People take my opinions far more seriously so in some arenas I must bow to the experts.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ