Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello! New Here! Advises for Blue Sway Please

Hello Ladies!

I'm new here! Nice to meet all of you! Been reading and learning a lot the past couple of weeks since I discovered gender swaying and this site, so I'm so grateful for that. Just wanted to share my story and see if you ladies could give me some feedbacks and tips! thank you!

I'm 38, and have one daughter who just turned one. Planning to TTC soon since I'm getting older (and also because I recently experienced a failed egg retrieval/ivf). I'd like to try a boy sway naturally, but I'm happy if I could give my daughter a sibling in general.

My failed egg retrieval story: My husband's company insurance was offering IVF benefits for older couples, and I figured I would do consultation for egg retrieval since many of friends were having secondary fertility issue. I figured if everything checks out, I could do genetic testing and gender selection. After my consultation and all the test, everything looked good on paper, the doctor recommended I go forward and was very optimistic about it especially since I had a baby last year and didn't seem to have any fertility issue. The doctor recommended a long protocol to increase egg quality for higher success rate, the entire process actually took 2.5 months. They were able to retrieve 11 eggs; however, none was able to get fertilized. The doctor didn't have an explanation as he was very surprised. Quality of the sperms and eggs was ok, so not sure exactly what happened. They did use ICSI (inserting the sperm into the egg to fertilize)...and the doctor said it could be the eggs got damaged via ICSI (1% of cases), so we could try again without ICSI for round 2. I'm exhausted mentally, financially and physically by the IVF process and all the shots/drugs, so DH and I would rather try naturally than doing another round. Actually, DH was always skeptical about this...but went along since I wanted to try it.

Diet - Low carb diet with 1-2 cheat meals/week for the past 3 months.
    • Breakfast - ABC (apple/beet/carrot) juice; cereal/oatmeal/eggs with nuts + milk/soy milk
    • Mid-morning snack - fruits/nuts + small cup of black coffee/tea
    • Lunch - salad with egg/chicken + green tea
    • Afternoon snack - banana/nuts/coconut water/cheese
    • Dinner - Veggies + meat (chicken/fish/beef/pork) + green tea
    • Cheat meal - burger/pasta/pizza

Daily Supplements:
    Nature Made Prenatal
    Caltrate 600 + D3
    Vitamin D3 2000IU (I started taking this when I was pregnant with my daughter, OB said I needed more vitamin D from my blood work).
    Nature Made Omega-3 1080 Mg (recommended by IVF doc, have been taking for the past 2 months).
    CoQ10 200mg (recommended by IVF doc at 600mg/day and taken for past 2 months. Reduced to 200mg this month).

Took DHEA for a month prior to egg retrieval per IVF doc, but no longer taking it anymore.

Exercises:
    (20 min HIIT x 2) + (30 min blogilates/similar x 1) per week. I was working out 5-6x per week (mostly HIIT) previously until I lost all my post-pregnancy weight last month. My weight has been steady since.

I'm planning to try to TTC next month or December...and will incorporate the boy sway BD method. As far as my diet, supplement and exercise go...any recommendations or advises are appreciated! Also a question...I read on one of the threads that antihistamine needs to be avoided for swaying boy? Is this correct? I do take one tablet of Cetirizine daily for my allergy. Is this ok?

Thank you so much in advance!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome and good luck! I am also swaying blue currently on 3 months of trying. I am 40 years old so I know what you feel like being on the older end

Wishing you lots of blue dust!
    2001 Girl ~ 2003 Boy ~ 2012 Girl ~ 2021 Sway Boy got Boy ~ 2022 Sway Girl- Lost little Girl ~ Due April 2024 Girl

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm so sorry the first round of IVF didn't work out. I did want to point out that if you want to do gender selection, I believe you have to do ICSI for that anyway. It is QUITE unusual for them not to use ICSI and I suspect that if you didn't use it, your rates of fertilization would be pretty low. IMO that story sounds rather sketchy to me as ICSI is gold standard care. I would expect them to investigate the medication protocol long before dropping ICSI.

Your diet is quite nice, I would want to see at least SOME more carbs. It doesn't need to be a massive amount, but somewhat more than you're eating. Even if it was just a small glass of juice or a few dried cherries or nuts on a salad, a small amount of carbs with protein can really help your blue sway.

Are you avoiding full fat dairy for the sway?

Let's have you go to every other day on the Omega 3. I think we get better results with more like 500 mg fatty acids.

What's hubby doing in terms of your sway?

Exercise looks fabulous.

If you need the antihistamine you should take them. Antihistamine did not get good results for pink sways anyway and I suspect it probably does little to nothing to impact a blue sway negatively.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

4. Thanks MamaLuna thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you treens! Nice meeting you. Yes, it could get discouraging especially when people throw terms like "advance maternal age" at you. LOL.
    Wishing you lots of blue dust, too!

Quote Originally Posted by treens View Post
    Welcome and good luck! I am also swaying blue currently on 3 months of trying. I am 40 years old so I know what you feel like being on the older end

Wishing you lots of blue dust!
    Last edited by MamaLuna; October 20th, 2020 at 06:11 PM.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much for your reply, atomic sagebrush!

Yes, I was quite disappointed with the IVF results, especially because I've done extensive research to pick the IVF doc/lab, even went to the CDC site to check their success rates. And there's just a lot of unknowns and uncertainties to even try round 2. =/

I was on the low carb diet and more vigorous workout routine to try to lose those last few pounds of baby weight, so I will add more carbs based on your suggestion. My current BMI is 23.5.

Do you recommend that I switch to whole milk in the morning as to 2%?

Thank you for the recommendation of the fish oil intake - I was not sure if continuing taking such high dosage is good for a blue sway or not!

My husband eats pretty much the same thing as me, but bigger portions. He takes One-a-Day Men's multivitamins, and exercises 4-5 times a week (2x of 30 mins HIIT/cardio; 3x of weights). We both don't smoke or drink - should he be doing anything else to boost our chance at a blue sway?

I also read that many ladies took Robitussin and Mucinex to sway blue. In your opinion, which one is more effective? Should it be taken near O, or after AF for certain number of days?

Thank you so much for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I'm so sorry the first round of IVF didn't work out. I did want to point out that if you want to do gender selection, I believe you have to do ICSI for that anyway. It is QUITE unusual for them not to use ICSI and I suspect that if you didn't use it, your rates of fertilization would be pretty low. IMO that story sounds rather sketchy to me as ICSI is gold standard care. I would expect them to investigate the medication protocol long before dropping ICSI.

Your diet is quite nice, I would want to see at least SOME more carbs. It doesn't need to be a massive amount, but somewhat more than you're eating. Even if it was just a small glass of juice or a few dried cherries or nuts on a salad, a small amount of carbs with protein can really help your blue sway.

Are you avoiding full fat dairy for the sway?

Let's have you go to every other day on the Omega 3. I think we get better results with more like 500 mg fatty acids.

What's hubby doing in terms of your sway?

Exercise looks fabulous.

If you need the antihistamine you should take them. Antihistamine did not get good results for pink sways anyway and I suspect it probably does little to nothing to impact a blue sway negatively.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes I would absolutely recommend full fat dairy exclusively vs. part skim. Something about the fat in dairy is super good for pregnancy and also helps your blue sway.

Let's have your husband add in arginine 500 mg daily and carnitine 1000 mg daily till conception and then he can wean off. He too should take no more than 500 mg fish oil.

It's not "Robitussin" and "Mucinex" that helps your sway, it's an ingredient in them called guaifenesin. You can use any brand of mucus thinning medication that ONLY has guaifenesin as the active ingredient. Robitussin particularly is often sold combined with other medications that will harm your ability to get pregnant and to conceive a boy so find the kind that's just guaifenesin.

You would take the guaifenesin up to 1200 mg daily (but most people do fine on more like 400-600) starting 5 days before you expect to ovulate and continuing on till 3 days after O.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much for explaining everything, atomic sagebrush!

I read that taking Evening Primrose Oil could also sway blue - what is your take on this?

Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Yes I would absolutely recommend full fat dairy exclusively vs. part skim. Something about the fat in dairy is super good for pregnancy and also helps your blue sway.

Let's have your husband add in arginine 500 mg daily and carnitine 1000 mg daily till conception and then he can wean off. He too should take no more than 500 mg fish oil.

It's not "Robitussin" and "Mucinex" that helps your sway, it's an ingredient in them called guaifenesin. You can use any brand of mucus thinning medication that ONLY has guaifenesin as the active ingredient. Robitussin particularly is often sold combined with other medications that will harm your ability to get pregnant and to conceive a boy so find the kind that's just guaifenesin.

You would take the guaifenesin up to 1200 mg daily (but most people do fine on more like 400-600) starting 5 days before you expect to ovulate and continuing on till 3 days after O.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic sagebrush, I actually did a whole site search and found out that you recommended not to take any evening primrose oil for blue sway!

Quote Originally Posted by MamaLuna View Post
    Thank you so much for explaining everything, atomic sagebrush!

I read that taking Evening Primrose Oil could also sway blue - what is your take on this?

10. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Newer research has indicated that too much Omega 6 fats like those in evening primrose oil may sway pink. We got a lot of opposites among our blue swayers who were taking EPO and I no longer recommend it for blue sways. Plus, it is a blood thinner and may make it more likely you experience bleeding, bruising, and possibly even chemical pregnancy.