Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

ttc pink: when to start?

Hello, amazing ladies After stalking this site for about a year, I have finally purchased a plan!! Cannot thank you enough for sharing your journeys and advice, it has been so wonderful to read and learn from.

I have two beautiful sons (2 & 4mths). I experienced GD with both of my boys, but now I cannot imagine life without them. They make me a much better human and have taught me to be more patient, chilled out and have go-with-the-flow vibes (I'm a teacher and am pretty obsessive/anxious/anally retentive about details and controlling everything!!).

Like most, I unintentionally swayed blue while trying to sway pink... I had read somewhere to eat lots of dark chocolate and drink lots of dairy to get a girl, so I was drinking 2-3 pints of full cream milk daily, plus milk on cereal or in oats, plus SLICES of butter on bread, and huge meals, plus lots of snacking... my must haves were pasta topped with lots of cheese and corn and canned tuna, and lots of milk and dark chocolate (I love chocolate, would smash a block in a single go). PLUS top-of-the-range prenatals, Beroccas, calcium and cranberry vitamins... and no coffee or softdrink or alcohol, because I had read about the effects of caffeine on bub. While teaching I would have my big leftovers lunch at 10:50am and be fairly sedentary, and would snack while I was planning or marking (which was all the time). Conception-wise, we were on holidays to visit family both times and really went at it. No exercise, big Os, snacking constantly... I really went all out swinging the other way, hey! Will be doing pretty much everything opposite this time around

My husband and I have always wanted three children, regardless of gender, so when our little man is 1 we're planning on throwing everything we've got at a pink sway and thennnnn nnnnot finding out the gender until they're born!! Seems a bit pointless, but I know I will love my baby no matter what gender they are once they're here, and I don't want to give any airspace to people making silly assumptions or comments while I'm pregnant. I'm sure we all know what that's like

Lifestyle now is already pretty different - no breakfast, 2-3 coffees with almond milk a day; lunch at 11am, snack at 2:30pm, dinner at 5:30pm; big walk with my boys every day (gotta run those kids!!); verrrrry broken sleep because EBF & cosleeping & toddler; much smaller portion sizes.

Questions...
    * We're not trying until at least July/August. Should I gradually start swaying with diet and exercise, or hit it hard from April? Is it better for my system to be shocked or to have established a lifestyle?
    * Rice or almond milk in coffee?
    * running or walking? I have bought a treadmill and have started doing 10-20 minutes walking daily.

THANK YOU for all your wisdom and help!! I am so looking forward to starting my plan and not obsessing about if I'm doing the right things/eating the right things

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is exactly what so many of us did - follow the "rules" and have all this dairy for a girl thinking we were doing the right thing, only to end up ingesting far more nutrients than we normally did and basically sway blue for them.

Some of this I'll cover in your sway plan (I have your questionnaire, thanks!) but in the meantime I do want to answer a few of them now since they're germane:

I think it's ok to make SOME changes now but I do think you need to err on the side of not being too strict. With EBF plus too strict a diet you will not get your period back any time soon. Be sure you're eating 1800-2000 cals (or even more ) and 60 g protein and fat.

Rice/almond milk I'll cover in your plan.

I would walk. Walking ahs worked just as well and too many people are getting injured when trying to run.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks atomic!!!! Gotta tell you, it is INSANE to have you message me, I have so much respect for you and the time/advice you have given all of these families. Fangirling just a little bit... Thank you!!!!!!

4. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh gosh I'm just a mom like you who happened to be at the right place at the right time. I love helping you guys however I can. Hope to have your plan to you soon! Thank you!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by sagebear View Post
    Hello, amazing ladies After stalking this site for about a year, I have finally purchased a plan!! Cannot thank you enough for sharing your journeys and advice, it has been so wonderful to read and learn from.

I have two beautiful sons (2 & 4mths). I experienced GD with both of my boys, but now I cannot imagine life without them. They make me a much better human and have taught me to be more patient, chilled out and have go-with-the-flow vibes (I'm a teacher and am pretty obsessive/anxious/anally retentive about details and controlling everything!!).

Like most, I unintentionally swayed blue while trying to sway pink... I had read somewhere to eat lots of dark chocolate and drink lots of dairy to get a girl, so I was drinking 2-3 pints of full cream milk daily, plus milk on cereal or in oats, plus SLICES of butter on bread, and huge meals, plus lots of snacking... my must haves were pasta topped with lots of cheese and corn and canned tuna, and lots of milk and dark chocolate (I love chocolate, would smash a block in a single go). PLUS top-of-the-range prenatals, Beroccas, calcium and cranberry vitamins... and no coffee or softdrink or alcohol, because I had read about the effects of caffeine on bub. While teaching I would have my big leftovers lunch at 10:50am and be fairly sedentary, and would snack while I was planning or marking (which was all the time). Conception-wise, we were on holidays to visit family both times and really went at it. No exercise, big Os, snacking constantly... I really went all out swinging the other way, hey! Will be doing pretty much everything opposite this time around

My husband and I have always wanted three children, regardless of gender, so when our little man is 1 we're planning on throwing everything we've got at a pink sway and thennnnn nnnnot finding out the gender until they're born!! Seems a bit pointless, but I know I will love my baby no matter what gender they are once they're here, and I don't want to give any airspace to people making silly assumptions or comments while I'm pregnant. I'm sure we all know what that's like

Lifestyle now is already pretty different - no breakfast, 2-3 coffees with almond milk a day; lunch at 11am, snack at 2:30pm, dinner at 5:30pm; big walk with my boys every day (gotta run those kids!!); verrrrry broken sleep because EBF & cosleeping & toddler; much smaller portion sizes.

Questions...
    * We're not trying until at least July/August. Should I gradually start swaying with diet and exercise, or hit it hard from April? Is it better for my system to be shocked or to have established a lifestyle?
    * Rice or almond milk in coffee?
    * running or walking? I have bought a treadmill and have started doing 10-20 minutes walking daily.

THANK YOU for all your wisdom and help!! I am so looking forward to starting my plan and not obsessing about if I'm doing the right things/eating the right things
    Hey Sagebear, I m in a similar situation ! My youngest, a boy, is 4 months too and i want to ttc in summer/end of summer. How much costs such a plan? First my period has to come back, thats a real problem i think with EBF. My son already weights 17,7 lbs (8 kg) so he was and is hungry all the time. And i m always hungry , my weight is 62 kg, so i dont want to lose more weight by eating less. Try to eat vegetarian at the moment, but i really feel that i need fat and protein. I had 3 kids in 3 years - maybe thats the reason for my huge appetite. I would know if swaying pink this year is too early to have a good sway or if its now that i m in good (that means poor) condition to have another daughter. Honestly, it would be OK if its a boy, this way my son had a brother. I turn 35 this year...i fear i m getting too old to handle 4 kids lol. And in my middle 20s i had been diagnosed with PCOS, that in my head, too - even conceiving the last 3 times was no huge problem (2. cycle, 3. cycle at my girls and 5. cycle at my son). But i have too much thoughts.

Best regards from germany
    Last edited by LindaLaetitia; February 6th, 2021 at 11:19 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The pricing on the plans is here: https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/payments.php but we have an unusual situation going on right now where the site owner has not been online for several weeks. I don't know what's going on with her, but I'll still keep on making people plans! And if you prefer not to buy a plan now (totally understandable) then I'll help you how I can here in the free forums.

I would have you eat a higher level of calories, protein, and fat, while using the PCOS-type diet. We use higher numbers for people who are breastfeeding. We would not have you lose too much weight. We are very careful not to have you guys lose a lot of weight if you don't have much to spare.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    The pricing on the plans is here: https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/payments.php but we have an unusual situation going on right now where the site owner has not been online for several weeks. I don't know what's going on with her, but I'll still keep on making people plans! And if you prefer not to buy a plan now (totally understandable) then I'll help you how I can here in the free forums.

I would have you eat a higher level of calories, protein, and fat, while using the PCOS-type diet. We use higher numbers for people who are breastfeeding. We would not have you lose too much weight. We are very careful not to have you guys lose a lot of weight if you don't have much to spare.

Thanks a lot dear atomic!! (BTW i m reading all your essays at the moment - you re definitively a gifted writer! ) If the site owner doesn't come back, so i know i find you here in the forum And please excuse my poor english i m not used to speak it often.

So you would have me to eat more protein and fat out of plants or out of eggs, diary and meat? Last time i was really focused on Weston Price Nutrition - i think that gave me my son, but unfortunatly i was on antibiotics the time i conceived (i was really ill before and never expected conceiving that month) I think i have to eat a lot until my period will come back, am i right? I read an article which said that the lactational amenorrhoe can stop, when the body notices enough calories to feed more than one baby. Is there any further evidence in your experience, atomic?

9. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes and if for some reason the forum goes away (I have no control over that) you guys can always reach me at atomicsagebrush@gmail.com

Yes that's right, your period will come back when your body feels like you have enough food coming in. But because we are swaying pink, we are aiming at eating enough to get your cycle going, but not so much to sway blue.

Let's start off with 2000-2200 cals, 65 g protein and fat (and yes, the bulk of this should come from plant sources, but also eggs and dairy) and full fat dairy only. I would have at least one serving of full fat dairy every day and be sure to have 4-6 eggs a week, and one serving of salmon if you like it, red meat if you don't, every week.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Yes and if for some reason the forum goes away (I have no control over that) you guys can always reach me at atomicsagebrush@gmail.com

Yes that's right, your period will come back when your body feels like you have enough food coming in. But because we are swaying pink, we are aiming at eating enough to get your cycle going, but not so much to sway blue.

Let's start off with 2000-2200 cals, 65 g protein and fat (and yes, the bulk of this should come from plant sources, but also eggs and dairy) and full fat dairy only. I would have at least one serving of full fat dairy every day and be sure to have 4-6 eggs a week, and one serving of salmon if you like it, red meat if you don't, every week.
    Thank you , i really hope this website will survive. But if i had to buy a plan from you personally that would be no problem. At the moment i eat no fish, but i take the rests of my codliver oil from pregnancy, maybe 2-3 times the week. Is this OK? When the winter is over - and i am sooo excited when spring will begin!! I need to get my walks in the nature. But now with 2 litte children and a baby i dont get much fresh air at all. I feel exhausted from all the lockdowns here in germany... I will begin with LE diet in end of March/April i think, thats when my litte bub will get formula and little first meals. Its funny i never wanted a boy, i had a lot of GD the whole pregnancy, but when he was there, he s such a little cutie. I often think about swaying when he laughs and i think a boy is such a gift, my girls never looked at me so in love like he does.
    I read all your texts about the mental or character of boy and girl mums - its a phenomenon. But for me i am a mom of both genders so i don t know if i m more the dominant type at all. Finally i think it s a litte coincidence or call it fate what gender you get. And even i have already two girls i got this strange feeling that there is missing another one.
    Sorry for this too much information - i dont have anyone to talk about swaying, no one here except me believes in this.
    Last edited by LindaLaetitia; February 8th, 2021 at 09:58 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What is the dose on the cod liver oil?

If you want a girl I would definitely wean off that at some point, but if you don't plan to go on diet till March or April you can continue a little longer.

You have both boys and girls so I would not read too much into the personality stuff.

Yes, there is definitely a huge element of luck involved in the gender you get. We cannot sway 100%, we can just bend the odds somewhat.

Hey, we all understand here! Please let me know how I can help!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast