Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

TTC girl after two boys!

Hi everyone!

I am so curious about the swaying!! I've been exercising and attempting LE diet for about a month. So far I've lost 3lbs but 3% bodyfat!

I never realised what a boy diet I had - so much snacking and so much protein (whey proteins and keto donuts!)

Since being pregnant with my second boy I started to eat a more plant based diet - still have the occasional cheese/yoghurt portion or 1 serving of meat or fish a week. Is this enough calcium or should I be using supplements?

Exercising for an hour 2/3 times a week. Aiming to start TTC from June, anyone else?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome!

What's your BMI?

What form of LE Diet are you doing - the standard or the PCOS? PCOS might be better for you given your history of a keto-style diet. How many cals, protein grams, and grams of fat?

Calcium doesn't actually work. Most of us on here over the years have at least one mineral diet opposite (myself included) and the best study ever done shows that nutrients across the boards, including calcium and magnesium, sway BLUE. And dairy foods are loaded with nutrients. So if you want to include minerals in your sway, please use supplements rather than eating lots of dairy.

But that having been said we do want to be sure you're getting enough protein and fat too! Some dairy may be a good way to get that, but let's see what you're eating in more detail and then I can advise you.

Eventually I'd like to see that exercise at least 4x a week.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much for replying!

BMI is 24, I'm 5'7

I'm aiming for 50g fat and protein I'm getting between 50-60g. Hardest to get is protein as don't eat meat, use eggs maybe 4 or 5 a week and soya/pea protein/beans/nuts as main source.

I'm also managing to get 14hr fast in most days. Eating between 9am-7pm with no snacking.

I did wonder about the PCOS diet. My 1st born was over 10lbs and second was over 8lb and couple of weeks early! I was tested for GD but test came back negative.

Will work on upping the exercise. My smart watch says 13000-14000 steps at the end of the day, its just hard getting a whole hour to exercise as the boys are under 3 and I spend loads of time running around and playing with them - you know how it is

Also, really trying to do more chilling out. I can definitely be a control freak - I've been tracking my cycle since I stopped breastfeeding my youngest in October. We've got pregnant 3 times (1st time every time) and that is definitely down to me liking to be in control. I feel like I am just a boy Mom!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You can have dairy within the limits - no need to completely cut it out. Dairy (full fat only on the alt diet) can be a good way to get protein.

There's no harm in going on the alt diet just as a preemptive strike. It works better, it's just that many people can't stick to it and lose weight too fast. We actually get better results with it. Whole grains only, full fat dairy only, 50-60 g protein and fat, limit sugar or cut it out completely.

Just do your best with the exercise. I make "ideal" recommendations but that doesn't mean you can't get a girl if you can't hit the ideal.

Don't try to chill out per se. All most people end up doing is trading getting wound up over one thing, with getting wound up about chilling out! The issue is the control, so if you're simply shifting the focus of your control onto chilling out, then you're still trying to control things, if that makes sense. All I want you to take away from that is to simply not focus on things that encourage control freakishness like testing pH, timing methods, etc. Don't just pick it up with a relax-or-die program (not that you are but many do!)

Keep up the good work!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Great advice, thank you Atomic!

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Atomic,

I'm doing 1xhr on bike, 2xhr walking and pilates on the other days. Is that okay? I just can't motivate myself to do 6xhrs of walking/biking every week. I like lifting, but realise that would sway blue!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would like to see you get up to 4 hours total cardio minimum. Pilates tends to be muscle building but as long as you were getting 4 hours of cardio per week, losing a little weight, and eating a lower cal lower protein diet it's fine to continue.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So!

Managed to get walking up to 1hr x 4/5 times a week and dropped other exercise. Apart from running around after my boys!

Vegetarian diet - no snacks.
    Fasted from dinner for 15/16hrs almost every day, so either skipped breakfast completely or had one slice of jam on toast to get through til lunch. Took fibre supp on big meals. Peppermint tea AF-O. Drank coffee daily, crystal light daily (addicted now! ) I have lost 12lbs, slowly but kept it off and definitely lost muscle. No prenatal for me (took it for months for even ttc both times with my sons).

Hubby did fr for a week before one shot at pos opk. He was pretty stressed with work and lost weight - was skipping all snacks and sometimes barely ate breakfast.

We both drank more alcohol than we did with our boys.

Had lavender deodorant, lavender essential oil on pendant.

Most importantly, if I get a boy - so be it! I want a baby! I've had fun altering my life style. I lost weight and stopped snacking - woo hoo!

I know I will see a peak on opk this morning and thought I would be fighting my boy-Mom self to just DTD again but actually I'm okay. What will be, will be!

Thanks, Atomic for your help. Will try this for a couple of cycles - then I may come by and ask for advice!

With regards to diet, shall I just carry on skipping breakfast until I got a BFP of AF? Can I drop exercise or should I keep it up?

Thanks again!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Can you bump this for me?? I ran out of time today.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Bump!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast