Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sway attempt for blue last week- needing some reassurance!!

Please tell me I’ve got a chance for blue!!

Trigger warning, mixed gender family

So a quick background. We have gbg, praying for a little blue bundle to complete our family. Had gd for a couple weeks with our first girl (we were team green) then bad gd with my 2nd girl when the doctor told us accidentally at 20 weeks. My dream fam was always bbbg. So fast forward, here we are swaying for our last baby. Been swaying for 4-6 weeks. Supps, HE diet, lots of protein, juice, coconut and lemon waters, limited cardio, weights instead, trying to keep blood sugar steady, musinex, preseed for at home attempt. We ultimately do iui treatment, so timing of that part was out of our hands but did dtd night of peak (figured two attempts were more blue friendly than one) with an iui the next late morning. I’m nervous because I felt ovulation start at 10 pm last night. Bd last night at 1030, IUI was at 10:15 this am. Is this essentialy O+ 12 timing?? We had no control over the timing with iui at the clinic 😩 Feeling very anxious that the iui timing swayed pink. Please tell me I’m wrong and all the swaying we’ve done for the last several weeks still has a shot of working!! Wishing all you lovely ladies the baby dust!!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That’s my fam… gbg team green with all 3 and had gd with the last one. Of course LOVE her to death but when she is 12/18 months I’m going to try for another boy if we dont adopt before then and I’m so nervous it’s going to be another girl!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It’s so interesting to hear about others’ ideal families! See, I have BGB and am DYING for another girl. Our attempt is coming up next month. In case it fails, please tell me some things that would be great about having three boys and just one girl!

I’m sure atomic will answer with much more info but your sway sounds good, and just because you felt some sign of ov doesn’t mean it happened right then and there!
    Me: 37 / DH: 45 // m/c 2014 / non-sway boy 2015 / successful sway girl 2017 / non-sway boy 2020 / High-tech baby girl due in 2023!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Blckhrt,

I think that having bgbb would be amazing!! Just think of all the fun the little boys will have together! Also, your girl will be the ultimate queen of the house with no competition for who is prettier/ more popular/ more clever. Her brothers will be her ultimate protectors, and less important but still fun, think of all the adorable outfit combinations the boys could wear while your daughter stands out in her dresses! Obviously these are generalizations, every child is different and your third boy (or second girl- fingers crossed!) will have a totally unique and individual personality! This is what actually got me through the borderline severe GD with my 2nd daughter. She’s absolutely the star of the show, my easiest baby by far and just has an all around awesome personality. I could play and laugh with her all day! So regardless of what we get gender wise for #4, I’m trying to pray that they are healthy and fit into our family just like each of our other children have.

I so so so hope you are right with the ovulation process! I remember hearing at one time (and seeing images from the journal report) that ovulation isn’t instantaneous. They captured images of a woman ovulating during a surgery and it was very cool, but I cannot, for the life of me, remember how long they said the whole process took. That, and I know from doing some searching that the egg cannot be fertilized for the first 6 hours post ovulation, and the egg lives for 12-24 hours. But I don’t know if that 12 hours includes the “non-fertilizable” time or not. So many answerless questions! I’m definitely trying not to spiral! Ugh, I hate the 2ww!! I so hope you get your girl and I’m sending you ALL of my pink dust!! As a side note, totally had a dream last night that I was pregnant with little boy!! 🤗

5. Likes Blckhrt liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Final countdown,

I can 100% relate! I grappled for a long time about whether or not to go for a fourth after how the pregnancy with my second daughter went. I almost think that while it was painful finding out unintentionally at 20weeks, it did give me time to process so that I wasn’t hit with all of those negative feelings at the time of birth. I’m actually trying to figure out, assuming I am able to get pregnant again, if I should find out with the 12 week ultrasound just to give myself even more time to cope (or celebrate!) with my feelings. I’m praying for a healthy child now which is a HUGE step for me. I am also trying to seek out and swoon over baby girl items (clothes, bows, adorable baby girls in passing). I’m also trying to think of my son as an only boy in the family and really soak up his boy-ness in case he is my one and only. He often asks for a brother, I pray I can live up to his dream. Blue dust to us both!!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If we do a 4th, we are going to find out ASAP bc recovering from a painful c section in a hospital alone Bc my hubs went home to be with the other kids was really depressing. We had to stay an extra 4 days bc of her jaundice and I couldn’t see my other kids. I LOVE her as you know with your 2nd girl but I was just in a weird, sad place and I think if I knew at 11/12 weeks I’d have so much time to process that I’d feel ok. But really afraid for my boy to not have a brother!!! We are looking into private adoption because I don’t want him to be 4.5 when I have another and it be a girl then have to start over if I can even convince my husband… he’s good with 3! Please post when you find out!!! Praying for a healthy boy for you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Huge congrats!! You have as much a chance of a boy as any blue swayer here!

O+12 does not worked, has never worked, and is my absolute least fave sway tactic of all because it's such utter and unscientific nonsense. I would have liked to see one more attempt or even two, but IUI does sway blue and timing does nothing at all. Maybe a little longer on diet as well if I'm being nitpicky but 6 weeks is dandy!

You can't feel ovulation. I know it's hard to believe but I have spoken with SOOO many people who swear they felt ovulation only to learn from an ultrasound they hadn't ovulated yet or had ovulated days prior or had ovulated from the other side than where they felt something, that I am totally convinced (and science confirms, as well). It is very very unlikely that any reputable clinic would perform an IUI on you after O had occurred!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Finalcountdown,

Yes, that makes sense. I agree with the “time to process” standpoint for sure. We are hit with so many new experiences with each new baby (and recovery) that anything we can do to help ourselves cope is a very good thing. Just as a little reassurance, my two DDs are 5 years apart but have such a sweet relationship. It’s so nice to see them together. Of course, this is different than if they were 2 years apart but I also think a little distance keeps them from competing with each other in some ways so that’s good! My DS is almost 5 now so he and (hopefully) his brother will be 5.5 years apart. I also think adoption is an amazing option! Good luck to you with whatever path you choose! I will definitely keep this thread updated as things move forward, only 3 more days to AF (or not!) 😊

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic,

Oh my goodness, thank you!!! I can’t tell you how much it means to hear you say that! I’ve been trying not to agonize over timing anymore! It’s truly in God’s hands now. Just praying for a BFP and a healthy baby now. Or at very least that we can conceive sooner rather than later. At 36 I’m just not the spring chicken I used to be!

I TOTALLY understand where you are coming from with the “can’t feel ovulation” standpoint. I think that’s probably true. I would argue that in my case, I have a better shot at narrowing it down since I also get CD 12 ultrasounds! I’ve also been through IVF, so I can definitely decipher the discomfort of ovaries that are getting ready to ovulate. In the long run, I’m trying to not obsess (note to self- do not obsess!! &#128517 I don’t feel like I was passed the window of conception entirely, just on the later end most likely.

Sadly, my clinic has attempted post ovulation with me once, needless to say, it was not a BFP. I’ll spare you the extremely frustrating details. I think when everything is said am done, if we get to try another month, it’s good because it’s more time on the diet and will give us the chance to dtd more times during the window (not just at peak), plus the iui. Hopefully I won’t have to cross that bridge. You are an inspiration to us swayers, thank you so so so much for all of your work. 💗

11. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    oh you can definitely tell ovaries approaching ovulation or around that time (just after), just not the moment of O the way people think. It's ok if you do, or think you do, it's just that people have not been able to do that with any accuracy so I have to always point that out.

Ugh, sorry to hear about the IUI clinic - but you're right that more time on diet and more attempts will be better for blue!

Let me know how I can help!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast