Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hey everyone!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh, I see, I was assuming this was something the doctor had given you.

An Alka Seltzer shouldn't fix IBS, as it's in your intestines, not your stomach. Alka Seltzer is basically an antacid with aspirin in it. So if that made you feel a little better, it was probably due to it having a little aspirin in it which can relieve pain, and if you were having a stomach upset at the same time - stress can cause indigestion in the stomach - it might have helped with that. But that doesn't mean you have IBS at all. In fact, it probably means you DON'T as painkillers don't relieve IBS pain. (sometimes people will have other pain-related issues such as menstrual issues or fibromyalgia and ~think~ they are getting IBS relief from painkillers, but this is not believed to be the case, and the relief is coming from other pain, not IBS)

My suspicion is that you had a delayed ovulation, and had severe ovulation cramps this month. I can't prove that without more information of course, but it is not uncommon for people to be very surprised by bad ovulation cramps if they've never had them before. Some people get them from time to time but not every month, so if you're not used to them it can be very alarming. Some of us have such bad ovulation cramps that it's truly worse than our periods (I have been incapacitated by bad ovulation cramps sometimes - like having to stay home and use a heating pad and taking painkillers. I get them most months, but some months I don't have them at all, and other times they're quite strong.)It is also possible that you could have ovulated later than you thought, and conceived, and just had it not registering on a pregnancy test yet but could possibly be having cramping still. This is less likely because normally once you have symptoms you will get a positive pregnancy test.

It's very unlikely they'll do anything if you go back to get checked. In most cases people are simply told to wait and eventually their period will come. It's not unusual to have long cycles some or even most of the time and doctors are very blase about that. It doesn't hurt you or anything, just an annoyance. If it goes on a long time, then yes, I'd probably go in and they can give you medicine to start your cycle again, but in most cases they won't do that till it's been more than 3 months without a period.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi just wanted to drop by and make a comment. I'm glad to see you have given your update and I'm sorry it meant you were not pregnant. The early symptoms you gave were very telling and some of them alarming like the watery discharge. Good luck on your next tries and maybe try to think of the baby dance and something enjoyable and not a chore it can sometimes become when we're trying to conceive.

3. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123