Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hey everyone!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, I did feel that I had symptoms before a missed period. With my 3rd son, I had the migraine and the breast pain, and then with my 4th I had a lot of cramping like I described above, before I would have expected to miss a period, but I didn't realize I was pregnant till later on because I was nursing and I wasn't ovulating with him. In retrospect I had breast pain with #2 and #5 and a long-time headache with #1 before I missed a period, but I didn't realize I was preggo till after the missed period.

The issue is that it's all so VAGUE and I have had a lot of symptoms where I thought "gosh that's just like being pregnant" in months I wasn't and couldn't possibly have BEEN pregnant. I have absolutely had REALLY severe and noticeable cramping that was ovulation-related, not pregnancy (and even if that's not in line with when you normally ovulate, this is possible because O can be delayed). I have had nausea in the 2WW a few times as well, when I wasn't and couldn't have been pregnant. My point is that a) these symptoms, or very similar ones, can happen in off months when you're not pregnant and b) some things are so very vague, like headaches or nausea and even cramping, that you just can't know on that basis till you miss your period. The only thing for me that's been VERY clear is that breast pain, which was quite distinctive. But even that I really only noticed a couple times in retrospect after I was already getting BFP.

all that having been said, if you're sure you ovulated, and you're noticing super intense cramps, I would take that as a promising sign and I hope it is what you think it is.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

2. Likes iseeicy liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by iseeicy View Post
    Thank you!!! And not really it’s still the same, still nauseas. Wake up with nausea, and get it the most after I eat. So I have to eat in small amounts throughout the day and can’t eat certain foods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well, nausea is one of the least reliable things I've seen as I've seen many many people having nausea and thinking they were pregnant when they weren't, and I have also had unexplained nausea sometimes after ovulation but before my period arrives, in months that I couldn't have been pregnant. Anything is possible but we're more often seeing pregnancy related nausea usually arriving after a missed period and not before.

4. Likes iseeicy liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Yes, I did feel that I had symptoms before a missed period. With my 3rd son, I had the migraine and the breast pain, and then with my 4th I had a lot of cramping like I described above, before I would have expected to miss a period, but I didn't realize I was pregnant till later on because I was nursing and I wasn't ovulating with him. In retrospect I had breast pain with #2 and #5 and a long-time headache with #1 before I missed a period, but I didn't realize I was preggo till after the missed period.

The issue is that it's all so VAGUE and I have had a lot of symptoms where I thought "gosh that's just like being pregnant" in months I wasn't and couldn't possibly have BEEN pregnant. I have absolutely had REALLY severe and noticeable cramping that was ovulation-related, not pregnancy (and even if that's not in line with when you normally ovulate, this is possible because O can be delayed). I have had nausea in the 2WW a few times as well, when I wasn't and couldn't have been pregnant. My point is that a) these symptoms, or very similar ones, can happen in off months when you're not pregnant and b) some things are so very vague, like headaches or nausea and even cramping, that you just can't know on that basis till you miss your period. The only thing for me that's been VERY clear is that breast pain, which was quite distinctive. But even that I really only noticed a couple times in retrospect after I was already getting BFP.

all that having been said, if you're sure you ovulated, and you're noticing super intense cramps, I would take that as a promising sign and I hope it is what you think it is.
    Yeah, I’m not sure. I had sex around the time of my ovulation. The Flo app says it was my first or second day. But I also see mucus after I wipe from my behind and some in my vaginal area. I’ve been seeing that for a couple of days now and thought it’d go away on its own and it hasn’t so I made an appointment for urgent care tomorrow morning. Because I’m also losing weight from not eating as much as I want to due to getting nauseas after. Also the inside of my stomach burns. And I get a lot of twinging in like my butt, breast, and abdomen area. Maybe gastric acid.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The Flo app is not very reliable, so I'd not count on that to be too sure about when O happened.

Vaginal discharge can be present in early pregnancy so if you're seeing weird amounts that may be a sign of pregnancy.

Be sure to keep us posted, and eat whatever you feel you can keep down for now.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The Flo app is not very reliable, so I'd not count on that to be too sure about when O happened.

Vaginal discharge can be present in early pregnancy so if you're seeing weird amounts that may be a sign of pregnancy.

Be sure to keep us posted, and eat whatever you feel you can keep down for now.
    So I wanted to give you an update. I was told by OBGYN that I didn’t have to wait for my period cycle to come to take the test so I took it and it came out negative. And that if I would’ve became August 1st or 2nd that the test would’ve been positive August 14th. I felt so uneducated. But then I spoke to my doctor about what it could be, and he told me IBS. I took something and I feel so much better. Now I’m waiting for my cycle to come.

8. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for updating us! I would have also been able to explain that, but I didn't know the actual dates and didn't understand when you expected your period to come.

Since you're feeling better about taking medication I will assume that was actually the problem, but I do want you to be aware sometimes doctors give "diagnoses" for things, without actually knowing what is happening. This is particularly true for women; many of us go into the doctor's office and are slapped with one of these "please go away now" diagnoses without any testing done and this can of course be a very serious issue that is being masked by a quick diagnosis. IBS is one of the things they tell women that is in this category.

So since your period did not come, that means that you ovulated later than you think, or haven't ovulated yet. A lot of women feel cramping around ovulation, and you can develop this if you've never had it before. It's also not uncommon for IBS to flare around ovulation and around your period, so it's possible for there to be more than one problem going on.

And since you possibly have not ovulated yet, or have ovulated late, you could still be pregnant or get pregnant. If you don't want to be pregnant this month you need to use protection from now on, and if you do want to get pregnant you should keep having sex till you know if you're pregnant or not - meaning your period comes.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for updating us! I would have also been able to explain that, but I didn't know the actual dates and didn't understand when you expected your period to come.

Since you're feeling better about taking medication I will assume that was actually the problem, but I do want you to be aware sometimes doctors give "diagnoses" for things, without actually knowing what is happening. This is particularly true for women; many of us go into the doctor's office and are slapped with one of these "please go away now" diagnoses without any testing done and this can of course be a very serious issue that is being masked by a quick diagnosis. IBS is one of the things they tell women that is in this category.

So since your period did not come, that means that you ovulated later than you think, or haven't ovulated yet. A lot of women feel cramping around ovulation, and you can develop this if you've never had it before. It's also not uncommon for IBS to flare around ovulation and around your period, so it's possible for there to be more than one problem going on.

And since you possibly have not ovulated yet, or have ovulated late, you could still be pregnant or get pregnant. If you don't want to be pregnant this month you need to use protection from now on, and if you do want to get pregnant you should keep having sex till you know if you're pregnant or not - meaning your period comes.
    Thank you so much for all this information. It definitely felt like she was just trying to be so quick with my diagnosis. I even had to tell her that I kept asking questions because I was confused — she had made me feel like I was bothering her with the questions I was asking wanting to be sure I understood what’s going on with my body.

I’m glad I feel better, but I have yet to wait for my period though.

11. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep, that's the same sort of thing we run into time after time - the docs tell us something that feels confusing to us because it doesn't really mesh with our perceptions of what happened or is happening with our body, and they just want us to be satisfied with their umbrella diagnosis and go away. It's really quite unfair and very unprofessional.

Just out of curiosity, what was the medication that made you feel better?

Did she give you any explanation of why your period had not arrived? When was it due exactly?

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep, that's the same sort of thing we run into time after time - the docs tell us something that feels confusing to us because it doesn't really mesh with our perceptions of what happened or is happening with our body, and they just want us to be satisfied with their umbrella diagnosis and go away. It's really quite unfair and very unprofessional.

Did she give you any explanation of why your period had not arrived? When was it due exactly?
    And that’s not right. Because I really was concerned. But it forced me to be more in tune with my body and be more cautious of what I’m putting in it because I really don’t want to go through anything like that again. I just took a Alka-Seltzer tablet I brought.

Probably due to stress, weight loss, or hormone imbalance. It was due Friday. I’m going to see if it comes this week.

If it doesn’t come at all should I go get checked?

14. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have ZERO PMS symptoms, so I’m just like “mhmmm”. Lol. Because I usually get them a couple days prior to and that’s how I know to get ready for it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast