Thread: Introduction :)

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Introduction :)

Hi ladies,

I've been on this forum for a couple of months and I thought I'd make an introduction of myself.

About me: I'm 31 years old married with dh 33 years old and we have a toddler son. I have ALWAYS wanted a girl. I never imagined I could have a boy - not even one. I don't know why. It's not like I have anything against boys, it was just this feeling I had. I also thought that boys are more difficult as children. This derives, from my own childhood. I was a super easy child, learning stuff quickly, liked to go to school, very easy going, got straight A's and all in all very easy for my parents. They never needed to worry about me or how I'm doing. Whereas my brother was a total opposite. He had a very strong temper, fought a lot, didn't like school and was always in trouble. My parents had very hard time with him all his childhood. I guess I always thought that I would end up with an easy baby girl. And don't get me wrong: I know there are thousands of super difficult female children and very easy males, but I believe that our own experiences from childhood family play a big part in our expectations. My god son is a handful too and my MIL who has 3 girls and one son always said that dh was as much trouble as those three girls all together..

So when we heard in the u/s that we were expecting a boy I was shocked. I thought the tech must be wrong because I "knew" I was carrying a girl. I was searching online about wrong u/s's until the delivery when there was no question that he really was a 'he'. I fell in love with him, of course. He was very cute looking but very hard baby. He cried first three months straight and even now as a toddler he is very high-need and gets upset very easily. I still have to carry him a lot and every tooth is a biggest misery you can imagine. I had such a rough time especially during his first year and got very little, or actually no help. My mother is working quite long hours and MIL sort of escaped when baby's temper was revealed. Dh and I almost got divorced because I was so depressed due to sleep deprivation and taking care of our needy son. Sometimes I just felt like giving SO much and getting nothing in return. Of course things have gotten easier and he has a wonderful personality and I LOVE him, but he still is very demanding..

For a while we thought that we don't want another child, but lately we've decided TTC another one (we want quite little age difference because I don't think I could start this all over again). And this is when I found swaying - first through In-gender and then moved here. I've been swaying (diet etc) past 7-8 weeks and we had our first attempt last weekend. Now waiting to test. I really, really hope for a girl, but of course we'll welcome another boy too with open arms. Which ever gender I'm praying and hoping for a healthy and easier child.
    Last edited by Allegra; March 30th, 2012 at 03:41 AM.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Allegra, best of luck with your sway attempt, i hope you get a a pink one

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome!
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome to Gender Dreaming, . I know how you feel, I once never wanted boys either. I now have two and they light up my life (even if one of them is very demanding). I hope you get your girl, dear.
    '04 '07 '10

After ages of praying for a sister for DD, I am proud to announce the birth of my twin baby GIRLS born Oct 31st.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi! I feel the same as you with girls being easier, boys being more violent and more difficult. My first son was very easy as a baby, he has a speech delay which causes a lot of frustration with him but other than that, very easy. My 2nd son, very colicky, always had to be held, I recently weaned him out of my bed and he is still attached to me, he will literally stand and hold on to my leg if I'm sitting or tug on my shorts if I'm standing doing something, very demanding child with a very short temper. Anyway, what I'm getting at is I think you'll have a well tempered child. I don't know many moms with 2 needy children. Normally one is calm. Hope you get your DD, you must be so excited! I would be!
    Nov 09 Jan 11
    Hoping to add some pink to this house soon!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    +1

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome!
    DS(2004) DD1(2007) DD2(2012)

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome! I hope you get your girl! Odds are, any baby you have next will have a much different disposition from the first. I know all mine were sooo different, still are!
    Mom to 3 wonderful boys waiting for our

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome!!
    Mom to
    (My boys sways worked twice!!) Thank you God