Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    As a mom who just turned 41, I my advice is to start earlier. I have been TTC since March and I fear it may never happen. I am kicking myself for not starting earlier.

On the other hand, you've just had a baby and you have proven recent fertility (I last had a baby 9 years ago!!) I have noticed that older moms who were pregnant more recently get pg faster. Also you will sway boy which will only increase your fertility further.

Overall though, it usually takes longer to get pregnant over 40. And Atomic always says, you never know when it will be the last fresh egg in the carton You might want to start trying earlier and plan on it taking 6-12 months to achieve pregnancy, and that will pretty much mean you get pregnant right when you wanted to anyway.

I'm sending you every bit of blue dust I have!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom to 3 wonderful boys waiting for our

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by deaks66 View Post
    come on zivic, you can do it!
    Ha, ha lots of peer pressure
    m/c 2001
    2012 failed sway
    2014 my surprise baby

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by myGirl View Post
    I have been TTC since March and I fear it may never happen.
    It took me over a year to conceive this baby. I was bummed bcos my 1st pregnancy was an oops ( ended up in m/c), DD1 was 'non-fertile day'....right....DD2 ( finally planned baby ) was 1st attempt succses, so I thought this was going to be walking through the park. But it wasn't, it was super frustrating.
    I knew I'll get pg eventually, but I wanted it sooner then later.

You have 3 kids already, so don't worry, it will happen, just like it happened before
    m/c 2001
    2012 failed sway
    2014 my surprise baby

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by myGirl View Post
    You might want to start trying earlier and plan on it taking 6-12 months to achieve pregnancy, and that will pretty much mean you get pregnant right when you wanted to anyway.

I'm sending you every bit of blue dust I have!!!
    Yes, you're probably right
    Thank you for blue dust! If we could only exchange it, my pink dust for your blue
    m/c 2001
    2012 failed sway
    2014 my surprise baby

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbermittens View Post
    We have DD2 in our room and will be adding a baby in a few days, so we will have 2 kids in our room for a while!
    I will be glad to add a new baby in our room, but there is no space, we had hard time to squeeze this baby in. I'll send you a pic in a private message.

I personally know a woman who had a boy 6 -7 months ago, she is 3 years older then me (1969). It's her 1st ( and probably last child) But she has some testosterone issues ( facial hair, although it would be more appropriate to call that a beard and moustache).
    m/c 2001
    2012 failed sway
    2014 my surprise baby

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Zivic-Bubac View Post
    You have 3 kids already, so don't worry, it will happen, just like it happened before
    Aw, thanks ZB!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom to 3 wonderful boys waiting for our

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd start weights as soon as it's possible. I'd also be taking a good quality multivitamin and fish oil/DHA and eating a lot of healthy fats and colorful fruits and vegetables.

I'd save the rest for closer to your sway, altho I'd def. be avoiding artificial sweetener and not smoking!!

Also, I would make sure your husband is also taking a good multivitamn and fish oil or DHA, wearing boxers, and avoiding harmful chemicals like pesticides, cigarette smoke, for as long as possible in advance of yoru sway.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Zivic-Bubac View Post
    It took me over a year to conceive this baby. I was bummed bcos my 1st pregnancy was an oops ( ended up in m/c), DD1 was 'non-fertile day'....right....DD2 ( finally planned baby ) was 1st attempt succses, so I thought this was going to be walking through the park. But it wasn't, it was super frustrating.
    I knew I'll get pg eventually, but I wanted it sooner then later.

But at first you were doing a more IG style sway and doing some things that didn't favor conception like timing and BSD. Some of those months don't even count!!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbermittens View Post
    My only concern is that time isn't on your side. I am 39, so I know how it is. I was lucky and got pregnant easily at my age, but I think it gets harder the older you are. Then again, wasn't Atomic 40 or 41 when she got pregnant with her baby? Also, the risks go up the older you are. Still, I know a few people who got pregnant and had perfectly healthy babies (BOYS!) at 40. Maybe look into the over 35 swayers thread (maybe you already have) and see who is pregnant at what age there, how hard it was, etc.

We have DD2 in our room and will be adding a baby in a few days, so we will have 2 kids in our room for a while! You just do what you have to do to make things work. You will be okay with a toddler and a baby! If that is how it has to happen, you will be fine.
    I was 41 and a half! And luv4boys had her boy right around her 42nd birthday. It is possible. I know a lady who is well along in pregnancy at 46 and everything is perfectly normal.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I actually LOVE my closer age gap. With my first two sons I thought a big age gap would be good and waited 3 1/2 years and they never played well together. My second two are less than a year apart and while that first month or two was hard, it got a lot easier because they are able to play together a lot.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast