Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Period late....?

Usually I would have my period by now, as lately my cycles have shown I O on CD 17 and my period will start up 12 dats later. Today I am officially 14 DPO and no sign of period as yet. This is really odd. Yet I can't be pregnant as we always use condoms. Can being on antibiotics delay O? Maybe I Oed a day later than I thought? I don't know. Just when you think you have a consistent pattern going on it all goes and chsnges.
    2008 2010 2012 August 2015 at 10 weeks and CP June 2016 2019. My longed-for baby girl (DD2) arrived into the world safe and sound on 13th June 2019 . We named her Lucia Anna Catalina. I still can't believe she is here and often have to pinch myself. I am one VERY blessed Mumma. She also has a dimple like her big sister.

http://FertilityFriend.com/home/57bc03

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Did you chart with temps to know for sure you O'd on CD17? My guess is your O date might be wrong although condoms aren't 100% but unless it split or something it would be unlikely you are pregnant (I think, I'm not a condom expert as we don't really ever use them)

Sept 2008 Sept 2011 March 2017

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you've been sick that probably delayed O. 99% of the time it's why AF is late, bc you Oed later than you think.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

4. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have been charting on FF but not taking BBTs. I got 2 days of pos OPKs on Cdays 15 and 16. I have usually been having AF arrive at 12 DPO but today is officially 14DPO and no sign. I have even worn a pad all day just in case. And I wasnt really sick as have had this bowel infection since 2011 - unless it was the Flagyl medication and delayed O. DH is scrupulous with condoms and I'm sure he'd notice if one was broken and/leaking. Oh well...time will tell.
    2008 2010 2012 August 2015 at 10 weeks and CP June 2016 2019. My longed-for baby girl (DD2) arrived into the world safe and sound on 13th June 2019 . We named her Lucia Anna Catalina. I still can't believe she is here and often have to pinch myself. I am one VERY blessed Mumma. She also has a dimple like her big sister.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know you've had the bowel infection for a while but maybe it only recently started to be bad enough to affect your cycles? Or it's just an off month, no one is perfectly regular.

Most likely you Oed 3-5 days after that first positive OPK or you got a 2nd surge significantly later after you'd stopped using OPKs and Oed then. That could be any time.

My Ovulation Chart

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

7. Likes 1moregirl liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yes, being on antibiotics and also being ill can delay O. FWIW I am finding that I am having mondo LP lately 15-16 days fairly regularly (I am 45)

Other possibility is also that you didn't O when you think you did.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

9. Likes 1moregirl liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Is it possible to O twice in the LP? I have had some wet EWCM again today which is most unusual. I thought I had the AF pains coming but then they totally went away. Really strange. I would be excited I was pregnant if we had had our try that last cycle, but we didn't. We usually BD for a while and then put a condom on to help prolong things as well because DH has a bit of PE. Thanks ladies. Will keep you posted. I guess it will show up soon.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ah thank heavens. It's just arrived so was obviously just a bit delayed and probably because of the Flagyl. I'm super excited now too because now when I am due to O next it will be during a week of new moon, even though I'm still a bit of a skeptic about all that but every little bit helps doesn't it?

12. Likes maidentomother, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I often get EWCM just before AF. I think it is due to progesterone dropping.

Good luck with this cycle!!

Sept 2008 Sept 2011 March 2017

14. Likes maidentomother, 1moregirl liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Actually fertile CM before AF or even mid LP is usually due to estrogen surging, but that's kinda what you meant. It happens to me some cycles too.

1moregirl, I do believe that Oing near the NM sways pink. Fx for you!

My Ovulation Chart

16. Likes atomic sagebrush, purple, 1moregirl liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast