Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 1moregirl View Post
    Thanks Squigglepink. I would like to ask you why you had a Hysterescopy? Did you have a general anaesthetic with yours? I think my main concern about it is the cost, as it would cost us more than $1,000 OOP. I'm sure I probably do need one though as my periods have definitely changed since my D&C in 2015. Blood flow of AF has been lighter and clottier and not as painful as they used to be. Did they find and/or remove anything during your Hysterescopy? Thanks for leaving your message and I hope you get a BFP soon. Xx
    I had local anaesthetic which was actually fine for my pain threshold (which is zero)! They removed placenta tissue, which for some reason my body was holding on to since October last year (when i miscarried). Fortunately i didn't have to pay for it, as i live in the UK (We have the NHS). I really needed to have it done as the Ultrasounds were showing the tissue there and it was messing with AF.
    Also, the consultant pointed out on the screen that i have fibroids - so that was also something useful that came from it, as i will discuss this with my Doctor next week regarding fertility and whether i should just ignore it (which will likely be his advise) and ttc or have an ultrasound to see exactly where it is.

Happy with my crew and no more are due xx

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by squigglepink View Post
    I had local anaesthetic which was actually fine for my pain threshold (which is zero)! They removed placenta tissue, which for some reason my body was holding on to since October last year (when i miscarried). Fortunately i didn't have to pay for it, as i live in the UK (We have the NHS). I really needed to have it done as the Ultrasounds were showing the tissue there and it was messing with AF.
    Also, the consultant pointed out on the screen that i have fibroids - so that was also something useful that came from it, as i will discuss this with my Doctor next week regarding fertility and whether i should just ignore it (which will likely be his advise) and ttc or have an ultrasound to see exactly where it is.
    Thanks Squiggle. Did yuo feel any discomfort at all? Here is Aus the doctors seem to insist on giving patients a GA for every procedure you have. It's ridiculous. And I don't like GAs as the last 2 times I had them (one for gallbladder removal a few years ago and then D&C I woke up both times finding it hard to breath for a while). My FS said he could just sedate me with a twilight anaesthetic but I'm sure I could do local just as well. I will have to investigate further I think and see if there is a way for me to have one done without (or with limited) cost involved. I do have a referral to go and see a different FS to get second opinions and things so I will go and see her and see what advice she offers. Thank again for sharing your experience and I hope you will be able to conceive your pink bundle very soon. Xx
    2008 2010 2012 August 2015 at 10 weeks and CP June 2016 2019. My longed-for baby girl (DD2) arrived into the world safe and sound on 13th June 2019 . We named her Lucia Anna Catalina. I still can't believe she is here and often have to pinch myself. I am one VERY blessed Mumma. She also has a dimple like her big sister.

http://FertilityFriend.com/home/57bc03

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That sounds like a good plan 1moregirl.

A second opinion always makes sense when surgery is involved.

4. Thanks 1moregirl thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 1moregirl View Post
    Thanks Squiggle. Did yuo feel any discomfort at all? Here is Aus the doctors seem to insist on giving patients a GA for every procedure you have. It's ridiculous. And I don't like GAs as the last 2 times I had them (one for gallbladder removal a few years ago and then D&C I woke up both times finding it hard to breath for a while). My FS said he could just sedate me with a twilight anaesthetic but I'm sure I could do local just as well. I will have to investigate further I think and see if there is a way for me to have one done without (or with limited) cost involved. I do have a referral to go and see a different FS to get second opinions and things so I will go and see her and see what advice she offers. Thank again for sharing your experience and I hope you will be able to conceive your pink bundle very soon. Xx
    To be fair, once they found the mass, the consultant said i should go back on the list as a day patient which would include GA and removal of tissue, however, for people like me, (straight forward procedures) they were in the process of setting up the necessary tools to go ahead with procedures that were not necessary for full day in hospital. The ONLY other option was hormones, which he said would most likely fail based on how long ive held on to the tissue, and in all honesty i wanted it Gone! The consultant said he will give it a try if im ok to go ahead. So two attempts and it was out. They all said how well i had done considering.. it felt like bad period pain if i were to describe it. He said he didn't want to 'push it' as i only had local but that worked anyway.
    I have also been under GA and i also wake up in a total panic needing air.. if i were you and GA is your only option then just ask for an oxygen mask to be ready for when you wake up.
    Do you know if the hysteroscopy is necessary for you though? It does give the consultant the opportunity for a good look around, i.e Fallopian tubes etc.. but maybe an ultra sound, in your case, will suffice?.. (sorry not sure if you have been down that road already) I left the hospital after 20 minutes and a cup of tea. I had a bit of abdominal discomfort the next day but nothing that a paracetamol couldn't sort!
    Last edited by squigglepink; April 14th, 2017 at 01:09 PM.

6. Likes 1moregirl liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow! Thanks Squiggle. I really appreciate you being so informative. They don't really even know if I 'need' a Hysterescopy or not. I have had a couple of ultrasounds since that horrendous MC in 2015 and there was no retained products or anything. Did you have the HSG (that X-ray thing where they put a dye in)? I half wonder if I should have that first or not. If I could have the hysteroscopy done for free I would've had it done by now. With both those surgeries I mentioned where I woke up having trouble breathing I already had oxygen mask on. I just got told by doc that maybe I woke up in a bit of a panic and was hyperventilating. But I have hyperventilated plenty of times before in the past and it felt different to that. I just felt like every time I inhaled I wasn't getting the air in. It was terrifying! And my father has told my that his mother, my Grandmother, had an allergy to something in a GA they used to use (don't know if it's the same they still use) so who knows? I can still remember lying on a hospital bed in the surgical area awaiting surgery...I was on my own, terrified, crying and I could see a newborn in a crib as there must've been an emergency Caesarian just happened. Just what I wanted to see. A newborn baby...just to remind me of what I had just lost. And when I woke up from my procedure the same baby was being wheeled right past me with his/her mother. Maybe we do come to after surgery in a panic but we just don't consciously aware that we are in a state of panic? I don't know. I just know right now that even though I am 45, I really would like to be one of those lucky 45 yr old ladies that gets pregnant and has a healthy live born baby at the end of it all from one of her own eggs. I guess in way seeing a second Fs could be just wasting more time and money also if I get exactly the same opinion? It's just that this one is a woman FS so sometimes they can have a different perspective or are more sympathetic.
    2008 2010 2012 August 2015 at 10 weeks and CP June 2016 2019. My longed-for baby girl (DD2) arrived into the world safe and sound on 13th June 2019 . We named her Lucia Anna Catalina. I still can't believe she is here and often have to pinch myself. I am one VERY blessed Mumma. She also has a dimple like her big sister.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No, i didnt have the x-ray/dye. The US (i had about 4) picked up the retained tissue each time.. (I tried to let it go with a few cycles but it didn't) There are risks when you have a Hysteroscopy, albeit very very rare, so perhaps in your instance, exhaust all avenues before hysteroscopy (especially if it is going to cost you).

Have you had a fertility test before? Im sorry if you have already mentioned this somewhere. This may be something i do going forward to check my ovarian reserve, however i think it shows more about 'quantity' rather than 'quality'! Are you swaying at all? Im totally focused on my health now (after my horrendous miscarriage) so ive read up on how to heal and regenerate the reproductive system and what foods assist fertility. I'll share some insight if you are interested.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Squiggle...Thankyou soooo much. I am feeling particularly emotional and shattered this afternoon. I just found out my close pregnant friend had her baby last night. I was almost too afraid to look at the text message when I realised it was from her. She had her baby last night and it was a little boy...exactly what she was hoping for. Now she has 2 girls and 2 boys....which was my dream. It started off as my dream...I was desperate for another little girl. We had swayed for a little girl that last time and it made that horrendous miscarriage all the more difficult to endure. I'd always wondered if it ad been a little girl. Would she have had beautiful dimples like our one little girl? Devastating! So of course I have been in tears. They started as soon as I saw the photo of my dear friend with her dear little newborn baby boy in her arms. I didn't know I would react like this. I a, obviously happy and overjoyed for her, but inside me I have this pain or torn feeling that I cannot put into words. It reminds how much I wanted that. It feels like she stole my dream, which is ridiculous and selfish of me I know. I just desperately want one last baby and I don't know what to do to make it happen. Yes please Squiggle...please share anything with me you've learnt about increasing yuor fertility. I am in the process of checking my ovarian reserve. It was 6.5 in 2015 which was low. I'm going today to buy more ubiquinol to get started on again as well. Are you taking that?

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is noble and normal of you to want to expand your family. This website and its members are filled with people like you and i who have dreams and desires that we wish to fulfil. Some of us are against the clock so to speak and loosing a baby just makes it all the more emotional and complicated. It's a mixture of having to start all over again to gratitude for what we already have. I have not purchased ubiquinol yet, i should.
    Times can get rough, but keep the faith xx im trying too

11. Thanks 1moregirl thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Squiggle. I know and undderstand exactly what you are saying. Usually I'm really good and I cherish the 3 kids I am blessed to have had. I know how lucky I am and I do know people and of people who have struggled Like he'll just to conceive one baby. I'll keep trying and what will be will be I guess. Xx

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345