Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Levels not good

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Levels not good

So, some of you may remember that after my 10wk MC in August 2015, I my AMH level tested in the November and it was 6.5. Just last week I had that tested again and it has dropped to 2.8. I was on the first day of a new cycle of AF when I had the bloods drawn. I also had FSH and LH tested. My FSH was 11 (it should've been between 1-6 for follicular stage) and LH was 5. I've no real idea what these figures mean but I do know that elevated FSH is a sign of the start of menopause. I am going to go back to FS to get advise but I don't believe I need a Hysterescopy any more. I feel it is more just poor egg quality that we're dealing with. I know Atomic that's what you've been saying to me all along, I guess I jurst needed this test done to convince me. Should I start taking other supps to help like vitex? I also have gotten ubiquinol.
    2008 2010 2012 August 2015 at 10 weeks and CP June 2016 2019. My longed-for baby girl (DD2) arrived into the world safe and sound on 13th June 2019 . We named her Lucia Anna Catalina. I still can't believe she is here and often have to pinch myself. I am one VERY blessed Mumma. She also has a dimple like her big sister.

http://FertilityFriend.com/home/57bc03

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi 1moregirl,

Are you seeing a FS because of age, time it’s taking to conceive, previous m/c, known infertility factors?
    I imagine your FS was saying you needed a hysteroscopy to check that there was nothing “in the way”? (polyps, scar tissue, cysts or blockages otherwise).
    The elevated FHS seems to correlate with the AHM levels declining – having said that, low-ish AMH doesn’t mean not fertile (I have great AMH yet don’t necessarily ovulate, nor well, when I do – and am classed in the sub-fertile/infertile category).
    Your body might just have to work harder to get the ova ready for release hence the higher level readings (this does indeed happen more when getting towards the end of the fertile years).
    The LH levels seem fine for CD1 though - have you also had ultrasounds to confirm what’s happening in there?
    Have your progesterone levels in luteal phase been tested too?
    Sorry for all my questions ^^

From your signature, you are swaying pink, and have been for a while (?) - I guess it could have depleted your overall nutrients and so forth, making your egg quality maybe a bit poorer… if you are ovulating regardless of your ovarian reserve seemingly declining – I would definitely focus on getting the quality of your eggs improving: Vitex would more likely regulate your cycles but if you are ovulating and are regular, the focus needs to be on having your hormones in balance (to ensure you an release eggs appropriately and get great progesterone in the luteal phase to help that bub be a sticky!) and ensuring your egg quality is as good as can be (which would be from diet and nutrients generally speaking – don’t think Vitex alone would suffice).
    I was on Clomid for 2 out of three pregnancies (the one I wasn’t on a medicated cycle was a m/c which I’m sure was a boy– the other two resulted in my 2 DDs) – if you have history of infertility, that may be an option too – having said that, I certainly don’t advocate for it to be used unless necessary – as much as I have had to use it myself, am uncomfortable with the whole idea of “forcing” an egg to be released that may not have been otherwise…so if you are willing to try natural options such as Vitex etc at first, might be best ^^
    Am swaying blue so won’t delve on supps that could help but are pink - wouldn’t want to give incorrect info – so hopefully the more seasoned swayers will have some helpful advice!
    Good luck
    Lucky Mummy to 4 sweet divas
    (2013) (2015) (2018) (2021)
    (July 2014) (November 2023)
    Our sway didn’t work for #3 & we had a little oops for #4 but we love them all to bits... not sure if we ever will but somehow hoping we might add blue to the crew, to complete our family, one day...

Fingers crossed for TTC #5 (again) for early 2024!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi LMSM. I have seen an FS/ob/gyn last year due to my age (I turned 45 last October) and had a 10 wk MC in August 2015 when I was 43. I had my first baby at 36 and my third at 40. I got pregnant again in May last year but it turned out to be a CP (didn't last). My FS wanted to do a Hysterescopy in case there was scar tissue or adhesions left over from the 10 wk MC and D&C as it was quite horrendous (I had haemorrhaged and had retained products of conception so had the D&C and blood transfusion). I'm sure I have had progesterone levels checked before but was told nothing out of the ordinary. I always seem to have to really PUSH to get any testing done. It's ridiculous! I've never had clomid or Femara suggested to me either...maybe because I get a couple of positive OPKs each cycle so they think I am ovulating on my own. But I think yuo can still NOt release an egg even if yuo get Pos OPKs. Anyway, I have started the ubiquinol today again and will take 200mg per day instead of 100, and will think about the vitex. Thanks so much for your advice and please keep it coming as replies seem to be few and far between at the moment. Lol!
    2008 2010 2012 August 2015 at 10 weeks and CP June 2016 2019. My longed-for baby girl (DD2) arrived into the world safe and sound on 13th June 2019 . We named her Lucia Anna Catalina. I still can't believe she is here and often have to pinch myself. I am one VERY blessed Mumma. She also has a dimple like her big sister.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi 1moregirl

FSH can be lowered by taking estrogen in the luteal phase (usually 2g per day along with ganarelix)....or.... you can also take low dose estrogen (20 micrograms per day AF-O)

Eggs love estrogen....which declines as we get older.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    People have elevated FSH for years before they enter menopause. Decades. I have 28 year olds who have that FSH sometimes.

Numbers aren't destiny, even people with really terrible numbers can still get pregnant. You just have to keep showing up every month and trying and then hopefully the right egg shows up at the right time.

No vitex. We saw utterly dismal results for conception for women over 35 let alone older. Vitex only helps women with PCO issues to get pregnant and this has fooled people into thinking it is some sort of fertility aid, when it isn't at all, and in fact actually LOWERS your chances of conceiving and was once used as a birth control pill during the middle ages.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

6. Likes maximbella, jenn1112 liked this post
    Dislikes BabyGirlDreams disliked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    People have elevated FSH for years before they enter menopause. Decades. I have 28 year olds who have that FSH sometimes.

Numbers aren't destiny, even people with really terrible numbers can still get pregnant. You just have to keep showing up every month and trying and then hopefully the right egg shows up at the right time.

No vitex. We saw utterly dismal results for conception for women over 35 let alone older. Vitex only helps women with PCO issues to get pregnant and this has fooled people into thinking it is some sort of fertility aid, when it isn't at all, and in fact actually LOWERS your chances of conceiving and was once used as a birth control pill during the middle ages.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks MrsG and Atomic. I really don't want to have to take oestrogen or anything if I can help it. Will see what FS says. I've started ubiquinol again and must persist with this. I will also just take prenatal daily and extra folic acid, plus an iron tablet every second day or 3 times a week. Does Vit b6 or b complex sway at all? I as going to take some of that that's all. I won't take the vitex then. If I can do all this naturally then that would be great. I really don't want to have a Hysterescopy or to take any thing like clomid or oestrogen, etc. on a positive note, a lady I'm friends with on a Facebook page for women over 40 ttc had similar issues to mine: perimenopausal, DOR AMH level of 0.2, FSH of 17 and was told by 2 clinics her chance of conceiving were impossible. She turned her fertility around with clean eating, vitamins and exercise and had a baby boy at 43 or 45. She went GF, only ate chicken or fish no red meat, tons of water, no sugar, drank RLT, green tea, Vit b6, prenatal, ubiquinol (only 100mg daily), DHEA 25mg, and 81 mg aspirin (until BFP). Once she got a BFP she was put on progesterone until 14 weeks. She had even had a tubal reversal to conceive this last child as well and had done a ton of research on natural fertility and how to increase yuor fertility naturally prior to ttc. She also said she walked about a mile every day, did yoga at home, plus the month she conceived her and her DH were both going to the gym. 3 months prior to conceiving she did castor oil packs on her abdomen (I had been thinking of trying this) along with self fertility massage. She messaged me a document that she put together with info she had gathered from reading on diff websites and books. Obviously some of what she says sways boy, so I don't think I would bother with those. BUT, I do know that I need to change my diet. It as been terrible. I eat chocolate almost on a daily basis, and I even put a teaspoon of sugar in my hot drinks of milo. I go days without eating any fruit. I often have toast for breakfast and sandwich for lunch (with wholemeal bread, but still, I probably should be going GF I think). I am going to start (as of today) making some serious changes to my diet and have already started walking a few times a day (now that our puppy is fully vaccinated and we can get him out). I need to eat more fruit daily, drink more water, and drink RLT and green tea once each per day. Does this sound good Atomic? I know I have said I would do this before but I find dieting hard. However, for my own fertility and general health I am going to give this a serious go. Does Vit b6 sway at all? Should I take extra magnesium or calcium other than what is in prenatal? Should I stick with SMEP or could it be too much for us? DHS semen sample was fine last time we had it checked. Plus, I swear EVERY time I see EWCM whilst on the toilet I get intense anxiety that night. It is sooooo strange. I am certain now that it is a sign of heading towards menopause, even though obviously I'm not there just yet. And somehow I stupidly feel more determined than ever for that one last baby...probably because my good friend had her baby on the eve of Easter Sunday. She had a beautiful baby boy (not quite 6 pound at 39 weeks) and now her family is complete with 2 boys and 2 girls (just what I wanted). I felt so strange when I got her text announcement. Maybe selfishly deep down I wanted her to have a third girl so that she didn't end up with what I wanted. I felt such a strange twisted feeling inside and I just cried. Even though of course I am obviously overjoyed for her and her beautiful family. It hurts to be 45 and almost grieving for your rapidly declining fertility when you have younger friends who are still highly fertile and easily able to have perfectly healthy babies. How hard is it to be a woman and how easy do the men have it? Lol! Sorry for rambling. I just know how all yuo lovely ladies understand and feel the same. How I wish I could be like some of my other friends who are in their 30s and maybe only have 2 kids but are totally done and dusted and content and have no desire whatsoever for any more babies. Hope you all had a lovely Easter and didn't overindulge in chocolate like I did. How I still manage to be 51kg I do not know but I do know that as of today I am starting to eat better and healthier. Not just for my fertility and health, but also to help encourage my children that healthier eating is the way to go. xxoo

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Praying for you 1moregirl that you conceive that last little girl you long for. Clean eating is a great plan and will provide many benefits besides ttc.

I have been very naughty with the sugar lately also (all those Easter chocolates did not help)...

Have you ever tried a juice fast?

I did one in January and felt 1000x better after...plus it eliminated all of my sugar cravings.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you're taking a multivitamin/prenatal already you don't NEED all that extra stuff. What happens too often is that people get these bad numbers and start taking tons of stuff and then they only create MORE problems for themselves as some of those things may actually screw up your cycle more.

I have suggested in the past to do the atomic fertility diet. You can do that gluten free if you like.

I really urge you not to go overboard taking things that you may not even need and may mess with your cycle like green tea and DHEA. I do not like people taking aspirin because it actually may cause more trouble than it fixes - especially given your history of blood loss. Only people who have a proven need for aspirin should take it. B6 will really mess up your cycle and you'll get enough in the prenatal. Try RRLT if you'd like, 2 cups during the first part of the cycle, one during the last part of the cycle, at BFP wean off by spacing doses (this should only take about a week)

Switch to folate instead of folic acid, think we talked about this before.

I personally don't believe in castor oil packs, if you want to try the massage, that's fine.

I do want to point out that what does happen many,many times is that people just catch the magic egg and assume that it was "magic pill number 476" or whatever that did it but it was just that they happened to make a good egg that month. Going gluten free and cutting back on sugar will only help though. That actually works, although difficult.

11. Thanks 1moregirl thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic for all your advice. I know how annoying I have been posting the same questions in different posts at times and I'm just of those people that needs to rehash things a million times over before it Really sinks in. I don't have time right now with the homeschooling but I will post my chart later as it's doing strange things this time round. And I swear every time I see EWCM I get hit with anxiety....so it has to be a hormone thing going on.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast