Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My update.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

My update.

Hi ladies and Atomic. Have been away from this site for a long time now as just found that trying to conceive, let alone girl swaying, was consuming too much of my time and emotions. I have just completed one whole year of ttc and not one BFP. The last BFP I got was in May of 2016 and that was a chemical. I have had nothing since. About 3 months ago my FS did an endo scratch/biopsy and I am having a HSG done next. My FS told me that having both of these procedures got the same results as having a Hysterescopy. I had my AMH level tested again in May last year and it had dropped down to just 2.8p/mol. In Nov 2015 when I had had a MMC it had been 6.5. So it seems that once we hit our 40s the decline in egg reserve can drop quite rapidly. Yet, obviously every lady is different. I turned 46 a few months ago and am well on the way to accepting that there will be no more babies for me. I have taken ubiquinol off and on, but not consistently. My last CD 3 FSH level was 13 (so that was a little bit up). I still have regular periods and Ovulation yet I mustn't have any good quality eggs left. We have alternated between SMEP and BD every second day and still BFN. It's hard to believe that my baby is now 5 years old and, at times, I do still feel as though I mourn for the loss of my fertility. I hope that the New Year brings you lots of baby dust and successful sways. Good luck ladies!
    Last edited by 1moregirl; January 2nd, 2018 at 05:58 PM.
    2008 2010 2012 August 2015 at 10 weeks and CP June 2016 2019. My longed-for baby girl (DD2) arrived into the world safe and sound on 13th June 2019 . We named her Lucia Anna Catalina. I still can't believe she is here and often have to pinch myself. I am one VERY blessed Mumma. She also has a dimple like her big sister.

http://FertilityFriend.com/home/57bc03

2. Likes BacktoSchool liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm so sorry the TTC journey has not been going well for you. I hope you'll beat the odds and get a sticky pink bean. Baby dust to you and lots of luck!
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

Dreaming of pink through HT or adoption
    FET January 2021: 1 HBAA XX - BFN
    FET #2 August 2022: 1 HBAA XX - BFP!

4. Thanks 1moregirl thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So nice to hear from you 1more - I'm sorry to hear you haven't conceived and I send you best wishes for peace of mind moving forward with your family.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

6. Thanks 1moregirl thanked for this post
    Likes Faithinpink liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Ksmom and Atomic. I had the HSG done last week and it wasn't too bad. The worse part was taking the two antibiotics the night before as they made me really sick. Anyway, I haven't been back to my FS/ob-gym to get the results just yet, but the doctor who did the HSG told me that uterus looked fine but my right tube was blocked (or had gone into spasm). Every time she tried to push to get the tube in a bit further, I would get pain, so she had to stop in the end. My left one I wasn't sure about, but them they added more dye to the solution and all of a sudden they were like "yes. Now we can see the solution flowing through that tube ok. So.....who knows? Either my right tube is blocked or it is ok. I don't know, but I know I am not taking those antibiotics again. Lol! So....that was the result of that test. They also made a comment that my uterus was in an odd position and looked 'secretory' so they couldn't see too much. I am kind of in between not giving up but not holding out much hope either. Either way is fine. And thanks for taking the time to reply. I thought I would be long forgotten by now. xxoo
    2008 2010 2012 August 2015 at 10 weeks and CP June 2016 2019. My longed-for baby girl (DD2) arrived into the world safe and sound on 13th June 2019 . We named her Lucia Anna Catalina. I still can't believe she is here and often have to pinch myself. I am one VERY blessed Mumma. She also has a dimple like her big sister.

8. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    While our users do come and go, I'm always here! I'm always here if you want to talk.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sending hugs, Dream Vet. I am a newbie but I'm older in real life. I'm 42 and we've been trying since last year with no luck. I never had problems getting pregnant before, so yeah...it's really hard. I wish all the best for you!

11. Likes atomic sagebrush, 1moregirl liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks. It's difficult to get used to decreasing fertility when I used to be so highly fertile. I wish I'd had the chance to start having babies much younger, although I am certainly grateful that I have been able to have 3 children. I really just had my heart set on one last baby and hopefully a sweet baby girl. My AF is expected to arrive today so just waiting around for it because I know it really will arrive. I had a CD 21 blood test last cycle and get a CD 2 test done this time and then back to FS so at least if I haven't Oed he might give me clomid or femara (which one is better here Atomic and for girl sway)? I got upset last night coz I was making dinner in the kitchen and DH arrived home and was getting a snack and I patted my belly (it sticks out when AF is due to arrive) and said I had something to tell him. He got a bit nervous and said, "What? You need to lose some weight"? Then he said, "Well it must be the postman's." And its not the first time he has cracked this joke with me. It made me worry that he did go and have a vasectomy when he went overseas last October. But he did let me have a look at his testicles in that area and I couldn't see any hint of a tiny scar, although apparently often none can be seen at all. Anyway, sorry for rambling on. I also think I might try DHEA as one lady I know swore that she tried this for 37 days and got pregnant successfully (and is expecting a girl).

13. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Anyone over 40 should take ONLY Femara. Clomid will wreck your egg quality over 40.

I remember you were worried about the vasectomy issue before. Many of our husbands (mine included) do crack that joke sometimes, I think it's an attempted insult for a lack of sex or something and not necesarily an admission of having done that.

DHEA can do no harm at this point. Worth a try.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for that reply Atomic. I will definitely stay clear of clomid then that's for sure. What is it that makes the femara better do you know? And yes....I feel like I don't have anything to lose by trying the DHEA. I know it can be bought online, yet my FS is sending me a prescription for it in the mail. Atomic - do you know if the prescription DHEA is the same as is what lady's are buying online? I just hope it's not going to cost me a fortune via prescription over buying it online if it is the same thing.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Femara won't harm egg quality the way Clomid can. It is also less harmful to CM and your uterine lining.

I honestly don't know if there's any difference between prescription and OTC DHEA. I do know that the OTC supplements are often completely unregulated and have been shown to sometimes contain fake or harmful ingredients. But I agree that the prescriptions are often too expensive. Follow your gut on that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast