Page 87 of 97 FirstFirst ... 37778586878889 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Anchor, I've been thinking about the same thing. I'm only 7 weeks, but this is baby number 5. And it may sound horrible, but there is no way I can take care of a child with special needs on top of the 4 I already have. I'm really debating on cvs. I have to talk to my doc when I see her at the end of this week. This is scary stuff.
    (9) (6) (5) (3) (1)

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We can only get CVS here if we have a history of chromosomal defect. So amnio is my only option, which I will do if my nuchal comes back with a high chance. And amnio is at like 18 weeks! I am freaking out a bit...let's hold hands.
    Sept 2008 & successful boy sway June 2010.
    M/C Oct 2012

Is DE in my future?

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Ladies, Do they automatically suggest an aminio or CVS if you are over 35? I know with my last they did that 13 week nuchal, but that seems standard now. I usually see midwives so I bet they really wouldn't offer the extra tests.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by n710 View Post
    Hi Ladies, Do they automatically suggest an aminio or CVS if you are over 35? I know with my last they did that 13 week nuchal, but that seems standard now. I usually see midwives so I bet they really wouldn't offer the extra tests.
    The amnio is offered to everyone over 35 here (Canada). CVS is offered for "high risk" patients, but just being over 35 doesn't cut it. Amnio is also offered if your nuchal comes back less than 1 in 200...
    Last edited by The Anchor; September 11th, 2012 at 11:49 AM.
    M/C Oct 2012

Is DE in my future?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    They don't automatically have u do cvs or amnio. It depends on how bloods come back. And of course it's a choice. I did not want a special needs child. So yes, anchor I terminated. I never say it even on here bc I really dont want to be judged. I do not believe my dh is cut out for it (or me) and didn't want that for by boys. I was unlucky. Does not mean you ladies will be.
    I was not swaying. It was an oopsie. I was exercising like a mad woman, losing weight. And it was a pull out. No idea of timing. Kinda of an sway but didn't plan or know it!!

Because I went through this and dh saw my heart break in pieces he's willing to do anything to help get a girl for me. Including HT and spending $ we don't have.
    Cycle#1 Jan/Feb 2013: 10 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 8 fertilized. 1 expanded blast frozen to batch.

Cycle #2 May/June 2013: 17 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized, 3 blasts frozen. Sending all 4 to Natera: 2 normals- 1 girl (cycle 2) & 1 boy (cycle 1)

Cycle #3 September 2013: 11 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 8 fertilized. 4 biopsied. 2 normal boys

FET #1: October 25th: BFN

Cycle#4: Feb/March 2014: 12 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 10 fertilized. 1 normal XX! Transfer March 3rd. BFP: 3/9/14!!!! Beta: 7dp6dt:38, 9dp6dt:139!, 6weeks 1 day: heartbeat!!!

She's here and I'm in love

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by HopeandDreamG View Post
    They don't automatically have u do cvs or amnio. It depends on how bloods come back. And of course it's a choice. I did not want a special needs child. So yes, anchor I terminated. I never say it even on here bc I really dont want to be judged. I do not believe my dh is cut out for it (or me) and didn't want that for by boys. I was unlucky. Does not mean you ladie will be.
    I was not swaying. It was an oopsie. I was exercising like a mad woman, losing weight. And it was a pull out. No idea of timing. Kinda of an sway but didn't plan or know it!!

Because I went through this and dh saw my heart break in pieces he's willing to do anything to help get a girl for me. Including HT and spending $ we don't have.
    Over the years I've learned never to judge a man, or woman, until you've walked a mile in their shoes. I'm very sorry you had to make that decision. It must've been the hardest thing you've ever done. I wish you all the best in your ht journey.
    (9) (6) (5) (3) (1)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks 3men. I appreciate it. Leaning towards trying naturally this cycle and have my appointments lines up in case of another bfn.
    Cycle#1 Jan/Feb 2013: 10 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 8 fertilized. 1 expanded blast frozen to batch.

Cycle #2 May/June 2013: 17 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized, 3 blasts frozen. Sending all 4 to Natera: 2 normals- 1 girl (cycle 2) & 1 boy (cycle 1)

Cycle #3 September 2013: 11 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 8 fertilized. 4 biopsied. 2 normal boys

FET #1: October 25th: BFN

Cycle#4: Feb/March 2014: 12 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 10 fertilized. 1 normal XX! Transfer March 3rd. BFP: 3/9/14!!!! Beta: 7dp6dt:38, 9dp6dt:139!, 6weeks 1 day: heartbeat!!!

She's here and I'm in love

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by HopeandDreamG View Post
    I'm so sorry you had to make that decision...it's not selfish to know what is healthy for your family. Hugs to you, GL on your HT journey!
    M/C Oct 2012

Is DE in my future?

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks all.-I had a feeling they wouldn't even offer unless, as you suggest, blood comes back off. Don't even have a BFP yet, so I guess I need to worry about that first

Well said 3M and H & G. I think everyone has the right to not be judged for making the best decision fro their family and situation.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Personally, I wouldn't get amnio unless my blood came back abnormal. Just to give you mature mamas a little hope, my blood came back as me having the risk of a 19 year old - 1 in 2000 or something like that...and I'm turning 38 in a month! My midwives say they don't really consider you high risk these days until you're over 40 anyway (I'm in Canada too).

And HopeandDream - for everything you've had to go through.
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Page 87 of 97 FirstFirst ... 37778586878889 ... LastLast