Thread: Second dilemma

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Second dilemma

Obviously my first dilemma is getting DH to agree again to one more try. The second dilemma is I am onto CD 14 today and we have not BDed since CD 7. Yes! That's 7 days without any sex. Terrible! You would think any normal man would be complaining by now but not my DH. I think he could happily be a monk and go without it. Obviously we are not meant to be abstaining being both in our 40s. And I am expecting to get a pos OPK tomorrow or CD 16 and 17. So what do I do Atomic? If he agrees to just one try without a condom over the weekend (or, unbeknownst to him, when I get the first positive OPK) what do I do? Or do I just consider this cycle a wasted crappy cycle and wait til the next now? I'm soooo peeved off I could just about kick something - except that wouldn't be a good example for my 3 yr old. DH and I have had a bit of a disconnected week this week and it doesn't help that he studies til late every second night, plus he has seemed spaced out this week so I've just backed off and away from him a bit. We go though these stages. Don't know why really. I wish he was more vocal, talkative, happy, cheerful - instead of being serious, quiet, moody and sullen.
    2008 2010 2012 August 2015 at 10 weeks and CP June 2016 2019. My longed-for baby girl (DD2) arrived into the world safe and sound on 13th June 2019 . We named her Lucia Anna Catalina. I still can't believe she is here and often have to pinch myself. I am one VERY blessed Mumma. She also has a dimple like her big sister.

http://FertilityFriend.com/home/57bc03

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would think that you need a little more time to make sure you and DH are on the sane page and another child is what you BOTH really want. Having another kid is major. Four kids is hard! Seems crazy to me to try this way.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

3. Likes 1moregirl liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Last edited by Babygirlquest; July 20th, 2021 at 10:21 PM.

5. Likes XXforhubby, 1moregirl liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the advice ladies. Yes I'm not certainly not mentioning it again at the moment. We did get back on board last night with our intimacy so that was nice and all is well again. But, like you both said, I don't want to spoil things. And he has said to me that he wants me to put it all on paper too, exactly what I am wanting and what compromises I am prepared to make it if he agrees to just the one try. I am happy for just one try and if it doesn't work I will accept that. Because it is a compromise after all. Thanks for your honesty and advice. I really appreciate it. Helps also to put it all into perspective.
    2008 2010 2012 August 2015 at 10 weeks and CP June 2016 2019. My longed-for baby girl (DD2) arrived into the world safe and sound on 13th June 2019 . We named her Lucia Anna Catalina. I still can't believe she is here and often have to pinch myself. I am one VERY blessed Mumma. She also has a dimple like her big sister.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think that if you're holding off to have a perfect sway or let vitamins "work" or something like that, don't.

If you're holding off to get your head right or your heart right or your marriage right, then that is a different matter all together and I think you need to quit worrying about swaying and abstaining because there are bigger things at stake here.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

8. Likes 1moregirl liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Great advice Atomic as well. Thanks. I totally get it. I am due to O tomorrow or the next day. I hate the idea of wasting another O but yes, my marriage has to come first and we need to talk more and be on the same page which I will work on. I thi k I'm going to put all my thoughts down on paper and the compromises and then let DH read it and then we will discuss it and see what happens from that. I'm disappointed that he agreed to one more shot and then took it away...doesn't seem fair to me for him to turn it into some sort of game or power play that he seems to have all the control over.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Last edited by Babygirlquest; July 20th, 2021 at 10:21 PM.

11. Likes 1moregirl liked this post