Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Girl sway: BD pattern advice

Hi all,

This is my sixth cycle ttc a girl. I just wanted some advice on BD.

Months 1-2 - I started off doing 1 attempt and then E4D.

Months 3 - 5 - used Femara and continued E4D.

I realised I was o-ing late with a short luteal so I started taking myoinsotil and vitex and last month my luteal increased to 10 days.

This month I had pos opk on day 16 - earliest ever!
    We decided to switch things up and BD every day during fertile window. Now in tww.

I am doing atomic fertility diet. I am now 35 and as next month will be my seventh cycle I just want to up my chances of actually conceiving but still try to sway girl.

I now have a good idea of the signs I get around o so won’t use opks anymore.
    What BD pattern should we try? We struggled doing BD every day this month as we have a toddler and a 11 month old!

Should I go back to E4D (Monday / Thursday / Sunday pattern) plus try one attempt on the day I think I would get a pos opk?

TIA xx

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, you need to go to e4d plus one.

I would not ever have recommended BD daily not only for your sway but also for fertility. BD every day, while it seems like a great way to conceive (and people can of course get pregnant that way) can actually backfire since you start BD daily before O and then by the time the egg shows up, your husband's sperm numbers may be depleted. BD e4d plus one is actually both better for your sway and also for odds of conception.

ARe you doing e4d in the "Mon/Thurs" or "Mon/Fri" pattern?
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Thanks ManchesterMrs thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi atomic,
    Thanks so much for the advice. We had been doing E4D in the Monday / Thursday pattern. I guess I was worried that E4D plus one would potentially lead us to do it three times during the fertile period and sway blue but after six months now of trying I am ready to do anything to at least up my odds of pregnancy. We will do as you suggest.
    I had almost five days of pos opks this month weirdly too - even after I confirmed ovulation by temping. Hoping that is a good sign but we’ll see as it could just mean my body took longer to ovulate.
    Thanks so much for the advice,
    MM x

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep after 6 months it's time to add another attempt. It cannot be 3 attempts because even if the "worst" case scenario of O-3, pos OPK, and O Day the other batches would already have fertilized the egg before the O Day shot could capacitate.

ARe you continuing with e4d after you think you've ovulated? If not, do.

The many days of pos OPK just mean that the hormone took a little longer to clear out than normal. It's no big deal, happens with some regularity.

6. Thanks ManchesterMrs thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much atomic! Yes we’ve been doing E4D throughout the whole month. Will add in one further attempt next cycle if not pregnant this month. 7dpo at the moment I think.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just checking - is E4D plus one this? So I would do E4D Mon Thurs pattern and then just add one attempt in the day I get my first pos opk? So if we BD on the Monday and I got a pos opk on the Weds we would BD then plus the Thursday? Ie. Keep to the E4D but just add one atttempt on whatever day I get pos ok?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes exactly. You do the e4d pattern without disruption and then whenever the pos OPK falls you have an extra attempt that day. If you're due for your e4d attempt you still would want to have another attempt either that day or the next morning or night.

10. Thanks ManchesterMrs thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks atomic! Much appreciated!!

12. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So my period just arrived today. I wondered what my extreme bloat was all about! I only had a 9 day luteal this month - it was 10 days last month. Was bummed as I guess I expected it to be 10 days due to continuing with the myo.
    Atomic - is there anything I should do about the luteal? I am doing atomic fertility diet. Was thinking of taking b-50 tablets but would that sway blue? Or would I be better trying some progresterone cream? I know you aren’t keen on vitex but I would like to keep taking it as I have only taken it for 25 days and already it seems to be moving ov forward. I would like to give it at least another couple of months as it got me pregnant with my first. Myo got me pregnant worn my second (again, I had a short luteal). Basically, should I be worrying about my 9 day luteal? I think this cycle might have been a bit of a dud anyway with my 5 pos opks etc. The cycle before I got pregnant with my second DS my lp was only 7/8 days so I know it is possible to still conceive. I just am getting a bit impatient now after six full cycles. Would you also advise dropping anything like the coffee / start eating breakfast? I only eat twice a day (Lunch and dinner at 7pm so then I got until midday the next day without food - just two cups of coffee). I got pregnant both times using preseed but am loathe to try that as I feel like it just going to give my another DS. Hmmm. This luteal crap is so annoying. Which I could just ov on the same day each month and have a predictable cycle like lots of women!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have some good quality magnesium and co-q-10 leftover from ttc last time. Would it harm my sway to start taking them as a naturopath online said they can help lengthen lp? I should add that I had my thyroid tested recently as I thought I might be hypo and it came back as 1.03 which if anything is slightly on the hyper side. Does that mean I should maybe add breakfast back in? I am worried that all the stress of my unpredictable and less than ideal cycles is going to make me inadvertently sway blue by doing lots of things to try and improve my fertility! This sucks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast