Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 1moregirl View Post
    My latest beta result I got this morning was 16,000! I nearly fell off my chair! No wonder have been feeling queasy this morning and yesterday. But all for a good purpose. I also had a massive blood test to test for this that and the other....4 vials of blood. And a urine sample. Will get the results to these next Monday and have ultrasound booked for next Friday at 7 wk mark. Fingers crossed! I had a minor anxiety attack this morning when I first woke up, but just had to relax and change my thinking to positive. I have only told one very close friend so far. I am itching to tell my kids but am not going to just yet because I remember vividly their disappointment when I had the 10wk MC. Anyway, one day at a time still...am not getting too ahead of myself. But things do seem strangely well-aligned this time round so lots of praying and relaxation. I had to come back and share with you lovely ladies as I would never be here if it wasn't for all of you and your advice, support and encouragement. I want to share as much as possible (and will do more of that when past week 12 and more excited) as I am living proof that if you are determined enough to achieve something.....it's possible!!!
    Omg!!!! Congrats!!! Such great news! I caved and retested. I said I wouldn't but I have been so scared. I tested today so results wont be back till Thursday morning or if I'm lucky, tomorrow evening. But yours sound great. Fx this continues to go well

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

2. Likes 1moregirl liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh my goodness congratulations!!

4. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes 1moregirl liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mom25boys - how are things going for you? Hope your last test result was good news.

I spent the entirety of last weekend in bed as right on week 6 mark (last Fri) the morning sickness (all day nausea and vomiting) hit me like a tonne of bricks. I tried maxalon but it didn't really eradicate the nausea anyway and made me drowsy and gave me the runs (sorry tmi. Hehe!) so then doc had to prescribe Zofran. She told me to take half if I can (4mg) up to 3 x a day but that hasn't touched the edge at all so I've had to do 8mg 3 x per day so far. So that's been a bit stressful since I am also homeschooling our 3 kids. Am just trying to get by the best way I can and one day at a time. Also discovered that I have mild hypothyroidism (first time ever) and so am taking medication for that as well. Have been off on a bit of a rollercoaster to start off with but just hope this means the next two trimesters (if I'm lucky enough to get that far) will be kinder to me. It definitely has been the worst morning sickness I've had so far. With my 3rd pregnancy I felt better when I vomited each morning after breakfast and then felt ok for the rest of the day. But not this time. I am miserable with it already and I have how many weeks to go of it? Probably another 6-7 weeks. It makes me worry that there is something wrong with the emby or the possibility of twins. A few times now I have panicked and broken down in tears as well. My last pregnancy that ended in 10wk MC I had been taking Zofran as well but not as much and it was working a lot better. This time I am still having nausea and some foods I just cannot touch. Sorry for my complaining. I also did tell my DH on Saturday as he had planned to go on a massive hike with his hiking club but on Fri I asked if he could please stay home since I was so sick. When he guess that I was pregnant after I gave a few hints he did a massive sigh and said, "Dios Mio." which I think means Dear God! He was very good over the weekend letting me rest and doing all of the cooking. He made me a chicken soup last night which was quite funny as I said I wanted it really bland - no herbs, no onions and no garlic, so he made a soup with a chicken drumstick in it, potatoes, coriander, spring onion and egg. A Colombian soup. I didn't complain as he did his best but I just ate the broth out of it. I can also eat hardboiled eggs, apples, manadines (just)….not really into anything too sweet so even icypoles aren't going down that well. Does anyone have any other ideas of what I can eat that's quite bland but healthy? Thankyou and please pray for this sickness to ease up and for me to have strength to get through it. xxooxxoo
    2008 2010 2012 August 2015 at 10 weeks and CP June 2016 2019. My longed-for baby girl (DD2) arrived into the world safe and sound on 13th June 2019 . We named her Lucia Anna Catalina. I still can't believe she is here and often have to pinch myself. I am one VERY blessed Mumma. She also has a dimple like her big sister.

http://FertilityFriend.com/home/57bc03

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey! Numbers were good and high. Progesterone was low. My hcg is very high and I thought maybe multiples but it was only one on the US. I'm on progesterone now and thankfully I feel great. Which is scary at the same time. I get a little queasy in the morn but as long as i eat right away, thankfully I'm good. Sorry bout the morning sickness. That truly sucks. I don't know anything about zofran but that stuff scares me... although lots of moms seem to take it and all is totally fine. So don't worry. Whatever gets you through. I sip water with lemon in it all day and it helps with any bouts of small nausea. They say crackers and small things all day helps. Try the sour candies and pops.

When are you going in for your first appt? Mine is next week. Kinda nervous still about the whole pregnancy. My hubby keeps telling me he is sure it will all be perfect, and that helps for a bit. But then I worry again. By my first MC, I was so nauseous and had the worst acne. I was sure it was a girl. I was told it was healthy and everything was perfect. Until it wasn't. Ugh.

They say higher hcg makes more nausea, I'm not convinced its true. At least for you it's a comfort that things are still happening. Before you can feel a baby, that's all you got. It means things are going up like they are supposed to. I hope things ease up a lot. Feel better

7. Likes 1moregirl liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    if the meds you are on are not helping then ask doc for something else - thats what i did. I had MS from like week 9 to week 18.. It can be rough but just remind yourself how long you have waited to be pregnant and that its all for a good cause!! Dont focus too much on healthy food for now if you can help it but rather just eat what your nausea levels allow you too.. And when you're on the other end of the nausea you can do the healthy bit. You already dont want sweet stuff so thats a bonus! I only managed dry toast most days but i just took it day by day depending on the level of nausea.. Good luck and im so chuffed its all ok so far, i know how long you have waited for this!!

Happy with my crew and no more are due xx

9. Thanks 1moregirl thanked for this post
    Likes Mom25boys, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks all. The Zofran is at least letting me eat and drink and keep it down which is the main thing. I'm getting there. And have the scan the day after tomorrow when I'll be 7 weeks, so that is a bit exciting. Yes usually I love sweet things but at the moment even a plain lemonade icypole doesn't go down well, but iceblocks and iced water are ok. I can eat hardboiled eggs and apples and even ate a bit of Dh's lasagne last night and it went down ok. I have seen a lovely lady doctor quite a few times already and have a referral to see the same lady ob I saw for all 4 of my other pregnancies but I haven't called and made an appointment yet.

Mom25boys I think the nausea and vomiting can be different for each of your pregnancies. But it sounds like you are going well. Do you have a scan booked yet or will you get that at your appointment next week? Good luck and keep in touch.

Also, anyone know if the harmony test is the best NIPT to get at the 10 wk mark? Thanks
    2008 2010 2012 August 2015 at 10 weeks and CP June 2016 2019. My longed-for baby girl (DD2) arrived into the world safe and sound on 13th June 2019 . We named her Lucia Anna Catalina. I still can't believe she is here and often have to pinch myself. I am one VERY blessed Mumma. She also has a dimple like her big sister.

http://FertilityFriend.com/home/57bc03

11. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks all. The Zofran is at least letting me eat and drink and keep it down which is the main thing. I'm getting there. And have the scan the day after tomorrow when I'll be 7 weeks, so that is a bit exciting. Yes usually I love sweet things but at the moment even a plain lemonade icypole doesn't go down well, but iceblocks and iced water are ok. I can eat hardboiled eggs and apples and even ate a bit of Dh's lasagne last night and it went down ok. I have seen a lovely lady doctor quite a few times already and have a referral to see the same lady ob I saw for all 4 of my other pregnancies but I haven't called and made an appointment yet.

Mom25boys I think the nausea and vomiting can be different for each of your pregnancies. But it sounds like you are going well. Do you have a scan booked yet or will you get that at your appointment next week? Good luck and keep in touch.

Also, anyone know if the harmony test is the best NIPT to get at the 10 wk mark? Thanks
    Pregnancy brain. My appt is tomorrow, lol. Its the day I turn 7 weeks. As much as I want to see all is ok, I also don't want to do extra ultrasound. I'll see what the doc says.

I had thought the nausea would be bad cuz everyone says high hcg is more nausea. And my numbers were higher than they have ever been. 705 at 14 dpo, <5000 at 21 dpo, and 28,725 at 27 dpo. That is higher than I ever had. So i thought for sure i would be a mess. But thankfully I'm ok. I have a tingly bit of nausea in the back of my throat all day. It's like its hanging out there. But I can function and I'm so grateful. A sour candy can help.

I guess we will see tomorrow if things are ok. I hope they are.

That's amazing that the zofran is helping you eat. I hope it keeps getting better!!!!

13. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The HCG/nausea link is not so cut and dry as they like to make it. It's starting to fall out of favor in some quarters.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    The HCG/nausea link is not so cut and dry as they like to make it. It's starting to fall out of favor in some quarters.
    Yeah. My hcg was high in the multiples range. Even though I know that isn't a thing really. There's only one in there. Just saw little bean today with a heartbeat at

Cant wait to hear if you got to see a heartbeat!!!

16. Likes Noemi2017 liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Also I think the harmony test is best. Doc told me that one. But my insurance doesn't cover it... not sure what to do...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast