Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello 1moregirl, hardly come on here anymore, but just seen you update and wanted to say MANY MANY congrats. Will keep everything crossed for you for a) healthy bean b) pink bean! FX FX xxxx

2. Thanks 1moregirl thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks so much for your comments ladies and your congratulations. This very website is where my ttc journey began back in 2015. So I had to come back and share my news. I don't think I really swayed as such as in the end I was just desperate to get a BFP. And given that I've just turned 47 the most important thing to me is that the little one sticks and is my rainbow baby and that she/he is healthy. I do have a friend who is 33 weeks pregnant with her 5th baby and her sickness has been at it's worst for this pregnancy also and she was told that often it can get worse with each subsequent pregnancy. Anyway, at least now the meds have allowed me to be able to eat and drink and keep it all down. At 52kg I couldn't afford to lose too much more weight. At some stage down the track I will include my sway, even if it is another little boy I'm carrying. Talk soon. Love and baby dust to all. xx
    2008 2010 2012 August 2015 at 10 weeks and CP June 2016 2019. My longed-for baby girl (DD2) arrived into the world safe and sound on 13th June 2019 . We named her Lucia Anna Catalina. I still can't believe she is here and often have to pinch myself. I am one VERY blessed Mumma. She also has a dimple like her big sister.

http://FertilityFriend.com/home/57bc03

4. Likes Faithinpink liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi 1more ... I haven't been on here for ages ,life has been so busy
    A very big congratulations to u my love all the very best my love xo

And My Beautiful Daughter
    Thank you Lord & Genderdreaming

6. Thanks 1moregirl thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Faithinpink - how lovely to hear from you again. It has been AGES!!! I am SOOOO happy to see you got a sweet baby girl. When did you have her hun? I had pretty much given up you know and had started exercising again and doing daily aerobics - thinking I would lose a bit of weight and get in shape before Summer hit. So it was a surprise to get a BFP as I really wasn't expecting it. Anyway, it was soooo lovely to hear from you again and I hope your gorgeous tribe of 5 are thriving and doing well. Lots of Love back to you too. xxoo

Quote Originally Posted by Faithinpink View Post
    Hi 1more ... I haven't been on here for ages ,life has been so busy
    A very big congratulations to u my love all the very best my love xo
    2008 2010 2012 August 2015 at 10 weeks and CP June 2016 2019. My longed-for baby girl (DD2) arrived into the world safe and sound on 13th June 2019 . We named her Lucia Anna Catalina. I still can't believe she is here and often have to pinch myself. I am one VERY blessed Mumma. She also has a dimple like her big sister.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm another one who hasn't been on here for ages

Congratulations 1moregirl! Wishing you all the best for a healthy pregnancy.

Sept 2008 Sept 2011 March 2017

9. Likes atomic sagebrush, 1moregirl liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congratulations again!

I came back to ask if you could please tell me about the Premular and the DHEA? I had a CP in Sept and am also over 40. How much Premular and DHEA did you take? Did you take it all at once? And with/without food? Also, are you still taking it since now pregnant? Which brands did you take?

I have read good things about DHEA for older women trying to get pregnant. I am thinking maybe if I take it I have a better chance of not losing the pregnancy.

Thank you!!

I hope you start feeling better very soon. xx

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Dreamofdaughter - sure I will answer as many question as I possibly can in order to help other ladies trying to conceive.

Because I live in Australia, we cannot just buy DHEA online or over the counter. I had to get a prescription from my FS and then take it to a compounding pharmacy to get it made up. You can buy it easily if you live in the US but be sure to get a 'micronized' version. Also, because I was still hoping to conceive a girl I stopped taking the DHEA for around 6 days during my ovulation time. So I took it from CD 1 to around CD 12 and then stopped (I ovulate around CD 16) and then started it again from CD 18. Many ladies take 75mg DHEA per day, but I only took around 25mg.

The Premular you just take it all the way through your cycle. I stopped taking it after one cycle though as I found I was gaining weight whilst on it. Another Aussie lady I know gained weight from it as well. I'm not sure if it's available in the US as "Premular" or if it has another name. The dosage was whatever it said to take on the pack. And I was taking ubiquinol.

As soon as I got a BFP I stopped taking the DHEA and ubiquinol and was already off the Premular. I had also been doing endometrin (progesterone) pessaries twice a day in my 2ww for 2 cycles prior to conceiving.

The other thing I believed that helped was exercise. I had become somewhat something of a coach potato, yet I started doing my aerobics dvds again and walking a lot. In fact, a week before I got my BFP, my DH and kids and I had done a 17km bicycle ride.

Anyway, I am a big believer in that ladies our age just need to try some different things in order to find what our miracle solution might be. Mine might not have been anything I was taking, but just the exercising that I started doing. But good luck to you in trying to get pregnant dreamofdaughter. I hope this helps you. xx

Quote Originally Posted by dreamofdaughter View Post
    Congratulations again!

I came back to ask if you could please tell me about the Premular and the DHEA? I had a CP in Sept and am also over 40. How much Premular and DHEA did you take? Did you take it all at once? And with/without food? Also, are you still taking it since now pregnant? Which brands did you take?

I have read good things about DHEA for older women trying to get pregnant. I am thinking maybe if I take it I have a better chance of not losing the pregnancy.

Thank you!!

12. Thanks dreamofdaughter thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by purple View Post
    I'm another one who hasn't been on here for ages

Congratulations 1moregirl! Wishing you all the best for a healthy pregnancy.
    Hey Purple! I remember you! Thankyou so much for posting and congratulations on the little girl you had in March last year. xx

14. Likes purple liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for the detailed response! I will look into the DHEA. I already take the ubiquinol. I agree exercise is very important! I do 4-5 cardio sessions a week. I had to cut back from 6 because I was losing too much weight.

Thanks again xx

16. Likes 1moregirl liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamofdaughter View Post
    Congratulations again!

Thank you!!

Of course, if I thought you would benefit from those things I would have suggested them.

We have seen poor rates of pregnancy for women over 35 with one of the ingredients in Premular and really very disappointing results for swaying as well. Plus it can mess up the menstrual cycle, delaying or even stopping ovulation particualrly when taken all cycle long. It used to be used as a birth control pill during the Middle Ages and while it was once believed to sway pink, it's barely gotten better than 50-50 for us and that coupled with all the trouble that it causes, I never use it for anyone over 35 any more and would never ever recommend it for anyone over 40.

DHEA very likely sways blue and can also cause its fair share of issues. I prefer only those who are using it wiht a doctor's supervision (so they can see if you even need it, because many women have perfectly fine DHEA and taking it when your DHEA is already normal will raise your testosterone and possibly cause you to develop PCOS even if you don't have it normally) DHEA does naturally decline as we age, so for women over 44 or so (who have quite low chances of conceiving anyway, and thus taking a gamble may be more preferable) it's ok to play around with. But when you're in the age group of 40-43 you do still have a fair chance of conceving naturally, so it's playing with fire to take DHEA without a doc's guidance, especially if you want a girl.

Think of it this way...imagine if without the DHEA it might take you 9 months to conceive. This seems like an eternity. I know. But you would get there in the end. But then let's say you take DHEA. It gives you PCOS-tendencies and starts making you have really long cycles, or even stops your ovulation totally. So in that same 9 month time period, you've now released only 4 eggs instead of 9. Your eggs are still going bad at the same rate they always were (that's programmed by DNA and is not corrected by a supplement). YOu've literally missed 5 chances you'd have had without the DHEA because your cycle went haywire. And maybe low DHEA was not ever your problem anyway! So you've shot yourself in the foot without knowing if you ever even had low DHEA. That is why I strongly suggest you guys get a test of your DHEA levels rather than just taking it, at least till you're 44/45 and up.

I totally understand the temptation to take something to "fix" the problem. We just have to be careful that we don't end up making matters worse by taking the wrong things. Many, many times it is better to take Vitamin P instead (patience).
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast