Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

41 now and still TTC Girl

Hi Atomic / Ladies!,

I have not posted anything on the forums for ages, but have been popping on and having a read at all the updates every few days. Congratulations to everyone on your new borns!. Hi 😀😀
    I have 3 boys, I did a strict ‘pinkÂ’ sway with my last boy who is now 4 😀
    So here I am just over 12 months since we started TTC pink again and still no luck!. So I just need some advice please.
    I was on a ‘light’ LE sway for the first 6 months, started September 17 But the last 6 months I have done a strict LE sway,
    I Started having 2-3 cups of coffee a day (Never drank coffee in my life before, even with my last sway).
    I Started back at the gym and go 3-4 times per week.
    I Never ever snack between meals. I delay breakfast until around 11am, lunch at about 2pm and dinner at around 6pm. I do have red meat once a week due to iron deficiency, eggs and salmon twice a week
    I take ubiquinol, folic acid & iron tablets ( I know it sways blue, but I have to take them)
    I have lost around half a stone and IÂ’m now 9stone 5lbs.
    I Still have regular cycles, even though IÂ’ve gone from 28 day cycle to 26 day cycle.
    IÂ’m Still getting positive OPKS, but they can differ from positive on cycle day 11 then positive the next month on day 14!!.
    I had full blood count tests last week due to my iron deficiency and asked for my hormones to be tested as well. They were tested on cycle day 10 though. The results came back at,
    LH 16.7
    FSH 7
    Last year on cycle day 3 they were around
    LH 7
    FSH 11
    Could this indicate P.c.o.s?. I had a blood test a few days ago to check my blood sugar and insulin resistance and get the results tomorrow.
    I know Its been debunked, but I have been trying the shettles method and DTD around 3 days before ov due to my boys being conceived the day of ov and the day before. Only the last two months I have shifted to DTD 2 days before ov. This month we DTD the day of positive OPK and still no joy!.
    I would love some advice.
    Thanks xx

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Im no expert but just wanted to say good luck 😊 it can often take a while to get pregnant so hope it happens for you soon!! My friends with pcos don't get regular periods. Xx

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Nell_ View Post
    Im no expert but just wanted to say good luck 😊 it can often take a while to get pregnant so hope it happens for you soon!! My friends with pcos don't get regular periods. Xx
    Thanks Nell xx

4. Likes Nell_ liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi again Dolly!! Nice to "see" you.

I'd like to see you at 4 days a week minimum on exercise.

with your eating some meat and taking the iron. We have had lots of people doing that and it hasn't seemed to undermine sways, so I no longer think that iron pills are very detrimental to pink sways.

OPK ranging from CD 11 to 14 is in no way unusual or cause for any concern.

You can't base anythign on blood tests done on CD 10. You have to have them done CD 3 or CD 21 to be reliable. Those results are not very helpful, sorry.

The test last year does not indicate PCOS. Your FSH is a little higher likely due to your age. The test this year also does not indicate PCOS, your LH is higher because you had the test done on CD 10 (when LH is on the rise) and your FSH is not reliable taken that day.

You would likely benefit from following a PCOS-friendly diet, though, since most women over 40 have some insulin resistance. You can find that here: https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...ar-issues.html

AT 41 I'm sure you know that time is not on our side here. I would not have recommended doing timing, but I understand sometimes people feel they need to try everything.

I would have you go to every 4 days now - BD unprotected every 4 days (count this in the 'every 72 hours' or "monday/Thursday, whatever is easier for you to understand) starting after your period ends and continuing on through your whole cycle, even after you think you've ovulated.

I would like you to do that for at least a couple months before adding in an additional attempt at positive OPK but please give it at least 2-3 months on the e4d before going to the additional attempt.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Hi again Dolly!! Nice to "see" you.

I'd like to see you at 4 days a week minimum on exercise.

with your eating some meat and taking the iron. We have had lots of people doing that and it hasn't seemed to undermine sways, so I no longer think that iron pills are very detrimental to pink sways.

OPK ranging from CD 11 to 14 is in no way unusual or cause for any concern.

You can't base anythign on blood tests done on CD 10. You have to have them done CD 3 or CD 21 to be reliable. Those results are not very helpful, sorry.

The test last year does not indicate PCOS. Your FSH is a little higher likely due to your age. The test this year also does not indicate PCOS, your LH is higher because you had the test done on CD 10 (when LH is on the rise) and your FSH is not reliable taken that day.

You would likely benefit from following a PCOS-friendly diet, though, since most women over 40 have some insulin resistance. You can find that here: https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...ar-issues.html

AT 41 I'm sure you know that time is not on our side here. I would not have recommended doing timing, but I understand sometimes people feel they need to try everything.

I would have you go to every 4 days now - BD unprotected every 4 days (count this in the 'every 72 hours' or "monday/Thursday, whatever is easier for you to understand) starting after your period ends and continuing on through your whole cycle, even after you think you've ovulated.

I would like you to do that for at least a couple months before adding in an additional attempt at positive OPK but please give it at least 2-3 months on the e4d before going to the additional attempt.

Thanks so much Atomic!.
    I’ll get my arse into gear and hit the gym more!!. I did not think those blood results would be reliable after ‘googling’ some information.
    I’ve been following the PCOS diet a little.
    Is it ok to have brown whole grain bread, not whole wheat?.
    Thanks. X

7. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    As long as the "whole grain" bread is not "whole rice and whole corn" both of which are pretty carby.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ