Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Almost at 38 week mark!

Hi ladies and Atomic. Just coming back to give an update. In 2 days time I will be 38 weeks pregnant and everything has gone pretty well. We had a false alarm about a week ago (prior to being 37 weeks) and went to hospital thinking it was the real deal. I felt quite silly with this being my 4th impending labour and birth but my first false alarm. Those contractions felt like the real deal and we were timing them at home for like 3 hours and they weren't abating at all. Anyway, at first check, midwife 'thought' I was 5cm dilated so got us settled into a birthing suite at 4am. Mind you, we had our 3 children with us as my Mum lives a 3 hr drive away and I hadn't been able to find a friend to come and mind them. At 9am 2 diff midwives checked me again and found I was only 1cm dilated and contractions were panning out and all but disappearing. So we got sent home again. Anyway, the minor placenta praevia I had had initially corrected itself and have a hospital doc appointment booked for this Fri (I'llbe 38 weeks 2days then) and they want to book me in for an induction as they don't want me going over 39 weeks. I've been bouncing gently and doing exercises daily on my yoga ball and drinking raspberry leaf tea. I must look for other natural induction ideas but not doing castor oil or spicy food as don't need the runs to go into labour with. Will update again soon. Xxoo
    2008 2010 2012 August 2015 at 10 weeks and CP June 2016 2019. My longed-for baby girl (DD2) arrived into the world safe and sound on 13th June 2019 . We named her Lucia Anna Catalina. I still can't believe she is here and often have to pinch myself. I am one VERY blessed Mumma. She also has a dimple like her big sister.

http://FertilityFriend.com/home/57bc03

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey just wanted to say huge congratulations - all the best with the birth, eat dates if u can, meant to be great. I Ate two when my contractions were 5 min apart and baby arrived 55 min later with only max 3 pushes.
    I do believe the dates helped!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hiya! Congratulations on your 4th little one!
    My midwife and midwife friends recommended me to use Clary Sage oil as aromatherapy to help start labour. You can use it a number of ways 1) a couple of drops in a warm (but not hot!) bath, 2) suite it in a carrier oil & use it as a really gentle massage oil 3) carry it around and have little sniffs from it throughout the day.
    Wishing you a safe & speedy labour!xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh so happy to read from you...wow, so close to having your baby girl!
    Keeping active (but without exhausting yourself) is always good...cups of red raspberry leaf tea (if middie is ok with that) and relaxing (yep, so that you body feels as ready as can’t be to welcome baby).
    Anything that will make your soul and body feel happy and cool, and relaxed is just/about the best thing you can do above what you already have..the whole idea of letting go
    Good luck, can’t wait to hear of her arrival!
    Lucky Mummy to 4 sweet divas
    (2013) (2015) (2018) (2021)
    (July 2014) (November 2023)
    Our sway didn’t work for #3 & we had a little oops for #4 but we love them all to bits... not sure if we ever will but somehow hoping we might add blue to the crew, to complete our family, one day...

Fingers crossed for TTC #5 (again) for early 2024!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    so happy to see an update from you how exciting she will be here so soon!! good luck with everything xx
    now 6blue5pink

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes please don't do any of the at home methods to induce, they rarely work before the 40th week anyway.

So excited for you!! Wishing you a very easy labor!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ