Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkles42 View Post
    Hi thank you, that does make sense. Sorry yet another question! What if the +OPK falls on a day that would have been a normal attempt? Would you suggest doing another attempt the day after then carry on as normal with another attempt 72 hours after that or just do the +OPK and leave it til 72 hours later? Trying to work out what’s best for keeping to the attempt schedule but also wanting to optimise chances! Thank you again!
    Yes just have another attempt when it makes sense with your schedule to do so. Two that night, or one that night, one the next morning, or one that night and again the next day. If doing e4d plus one you NEED to have the additional attempt, don't just now count on the pos OPK attempt if it's on the same day as the other attempt is meant to fall.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Eko View Post
    Hi! I just wanted something clarified, I see you're talking about e4days and 72 hours in this thread but I assume that's a typo? Sex with 72 hours in between (for exampel Monday and Thursday) would be e3days, and sex with 96 hours in between (for exampel Monday and Friday) would be e4days - right?
    No, it's not a typo. "every four days" is just a code word we use to describe regular unprotected sex that is just close enough together to always be in with an attempt that has a decent chance at the egg, but far enough apart to

there are two main ways we do e4d - we count it ONE (attempt) TWO (no attempt) THREE (no attempt) FOUR (attempt) and this is what I call the "every 72 hour" pattern. (but you can see how many people still count that as every four days.) Or you can count it ON ONE (attempt) TWO (no attempt) THREE (no attempt) FOUR (no attempt) FIVE (attempt) (but you can see how many people didn't think that was every four days!) and then some people were even not counting the days of attempt like this: Attempt day, then four whole days with nothing, then another attempt.

saying "e3d" and "e4d" and "e5d" was super confusing because I could never ever be sure how people were counting the days. We were having people say "e4d" but counting the days differently than other people and this was happening constantly. People were having sex every other day and calling that e3d. It was a disaster.

So now we have e4d, the technique, the general principle of regular unprotected sex, and you can do that technique with about 72 hours between, or 96, or even more than that if you're not in a hurry to get pregnant.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi again! I’m afraid I have another question if thats ok!
    This month for a variety of reasons our attempt schedule is all over the place. It was Saturday then Monday and then I got a positive OPK this morning which was a few days later than expected. So do we have an attempt today which would mean two days in between the three attempts or wait and do another attempt tomorrow or not at all? Thank you!
    Edited to say that we have had the attempt today and I’m hoping we haven’t ruined the sway ��
    Last edited by sparkles42; August 14th, 2019 at 12:09 PM.

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My motto is, when in doubt, have an attempt.

It all depended on how big a hurry you were in to conceive. If you had been trying for a while I'd have had you add an attempt, if you just started and weren't in a hurry I would have likely had you stick with the attempt you had and just ahve your regular scheduled BD the next day(today). But having an attempt was all good! Good luck!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12