Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Am I crazy to even be thinking about this?

I have two wonderful DS and am expecting a third boy. I did not sway for any of them and just figured what life gives me is meant to be. I am 41 years old. I always thought I'd have a daughter but now that I'm getting older I would like to try one last time for a girl. My diet and exercise are definitely boy friendly so swaying makes sense.

If I do decide to do this I'd like to this as soon as safely possible. Am I mad for even thinking of swaying/trying to get pregnant with a new baby, two other kids and over 40?

I know it will be crazy busy times but I don't want to look back on my life and have regrets because I was scared of how hard it might be. Im generally a low risk taker and go with the "responsible" thing to do.

I plan on breastfeeding. When would be the earliest I should sway? I do plan on purchasing a plan from Atomic.

Who knows.. Maybe I'll feel differently after DS3 is here but right now I just have all these thoughts running around in my head but no one who would really understand to discus it with.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had my daughter when I was 42! And it was an easier pregnancy and birth than when I was 21 and 25! Now it was a hard go for a few years there but now that the kids are older it's a breeze since they all have each other to play with.

We have had a fair number of women getting pregnant up through 43 and a few as old as 46 (though they had a much more difficult journey).

Though normally I would never recommend this, you may need to wean sooner than you had planned. Breastfeeding can keep your ovulation from coming back.

I would probably start trying right away (unless you had a c-section, in that case you'll need to wait 6 months at least) We would be sure to err on the side of having you eat more, that way your cycle would come back faster hopefully.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was hoping to start ttc when the baby is 9 months. I seem pretty fertile and have gotten pregnant usually after the 2nd or 3rd month trying. Would waiting 9 months be an issue for trying to sway girl? Thank you!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am still working out during this pregnancy. I normally do strength and muscle building exercises. Would it be better to start doing cardio instead since I'm working out anyway and hope to sway girl later?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thankful View Post
    I was hoping to start ttc when the baby is 9 months. I seem pretty fertile and have gotten pregnant usually after the 2nd or 3rd month trying. Would waiting 9 months be an issue for trying to sway girl? Thank you!
    No it would be fine for your sway, but your chances of conception are going to drop pretty quickly with age, so regardless of what has happened in the past, once you're 41+ you need to act quickly and not skip months unless you really have to.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am still working out during this pregnancy. I normally do strength and muscle building exercises. Would it be better to start doing cardio instead since I'm working out anyway and hope to sway girl later?
    I would just keep doing what you're doing now. You have time to switch to cardio later.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thankful, I messaged you a few days ago trying to get in touch with you via email to send you your plan. I'm so terribly sorry, I had no way to reach you when the site went down even though I had your plan for you.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Thankful,

This post was more than a year ago, I hope you finally had our girl. Care to update? Your stories on exercise and swaying are very interesting.

9. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Pcoop View Post
    Hi Thankful,

This post was more than a year ago, I hope you finally had our girl. Care to update? Your stories on exercise and swaying are very interesting.
    Hi Pcoop. It's funny you asked but I'm just now starting my sway and will hopefully start trying Dec. Next year will be the last year I would consider being pregnant. If I don't get pregnant next year I'll just be happy and accept that it wasn't meant to be.

11. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Pcoop. It's funny you asked but I'm just now starting my sway and will hopefully start trying Dec. Next year will be the last year I would consider being pregnant. If I don't get pregnant next year I'll just be happy and accept that it wasn't meant to be.
    Hello Thankful, I have been reading your thread and just want to say good luck on your girl sway. You are lucky to have your boys too. I am already 46 and still sitting in the sidelines. I had failed attempts at using my own eggs so I have been referred to using donor eggs. Unfortunately my age is a downer.

13. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post