Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Temping is the best way to know how long your LP was. But you don't NEED to know that. My point wasn't to then have you start temping to track your LP, it was to reassure you that not only were you having just one attempt in the fertile window, even that one attempt may have been too soon. So please don't panic about not conceiving yet, it doesn't mean anything dire.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

2. Thanks mrsellis127 thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Atomic! Still ttc here! This last cycle, I kept testing using the clearblue opks and had regular ovulation symptoms, but the tests kept being negative. I tried testing several times throughout the fertile week, CD 10-15, and they were all negative. Do you know why this would be? Also, my hubby is finally in town and we are going to put all efforts into ttc the next cycle by trying the sperm meets egg method. Could you please advise of any supplements I could take to boost fertility? I already have a HE diet, taking folic acid, probiotics and prenatal. Thank you!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Is it the Clearblues with the sticks?? Or the digis?

The reason I ask is that the Clearblues with the sticks are meant to be started early and used daily, and if you start them too late the monitor will not detect the change in hormones properly and will keep registering negative.

It may have been that you surged sooner (not very likely) or later (totally possible).

Or, it may have been that you were testing at the wrong time of day or that your urine was diluted and you surged but the test didn't pick it up.

I already tell you everything to boost fertility. I don't hold anything back to take at the last minute, I tell you everything to take right from the start and there is no secret supplement I only reveal if you ask me the right way LOL. If you want, you can use guaifenesin to make more EWCM but you don't have to.

PLEASE just continue taking what youre taking. 99.9% of everything sold online to "boost fertility" is worse than nothing, messing up your cycle and possibly causing actual harm to new pregnancies. Just stay the course.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Would it be possible to not ovulate and not have a period during a cycle? Since my opks were negative, and I am 4 days late, with a bfn. I’ve never missed a period and can always tell when I’m ovulating. I was surprised my opks were negative since I was having ovulation symptoms. No idea what’s going on with my body!

I mainly want to know, if my period doesn’t come this month, will I ovulate in a week or so like normal? I’ve read about anovulatory cycles and wondering if this is it? Thanks atomic!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Anovulatory cycles are far less common than people think. What happens in the majority of cases is that you will simply ovulate later than you expected.

What happens in many cases is that you will gear up to ovulate, your hormones will rise, you will have symptoms (because hormones cause the symptoms) and then for whatever reason your body just decides "maybe not just yet" and shuts it all down. This can happen repeatedly before an egg ever is released, sometimes weeks or even months apart. So having symptoms, and even a positive OPK, does not mean you have ovulated. You can even have a complete surge and then your body does not release the egg because it's detected some signal that it's not a good time for conception.

No, you won't ovulate as normal "this month". You're still in the previous month's cycle. So while you may ovulate, and it may even come at roughly the same time as you might have ovulated had you gotten your period as normal, it is NOT a continuation of the pattern you're used to, it's not happening at that point because that's what happened in the past, it will just be coincidental if it were to happen at about the same time of the month.

Whenever your period comes, you should think back about 2 weeks and see what happened at that point. Most likely by far is that you ovulated then, and your period has come tacked onto the end of whenever ovulation occurred.

Less likely, but still possible, is that your estrogen may drop for a variety of reasons and then that triggers your lining to slough off without having ovulated. The good news is, though, that this still acts like a hormonal reset just like a true period does, and you'll start a new cycle. It is entirely possible to ovulate normally after having an anovulatory cycle.

Long story short, no matter what, your body is acting as normal, this is not unusual or uncommon at all, and it's not a permanent state. This happens to people, happens to pretty much everyone at least a few times over the course of their lives, and doesn't have any bearing on your fertility in the general sense.

7. Thanks mrsellis127 thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That makes me feel better! I will wait it out and see if my period shows up in a few more days! Thanks again atomic!

9. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok Atomic, you’re right again! Turns out I was actually pregnant. I was quite shocked when I took the in early January after my period didn’t show up again. I seriously thought something was wrong with my cycle. I guess the opk test was wrong or I ovulated late and we dtd at the right time. Thanks so much for all your expertise! We are waiting on the NIPT result and I’ll update with gender! Thanks again!

11. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Aww great news!!! Huge congrats and let me know how it's going!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi atomic! Update on gender: NIPT results said girl! I was surprised at this too since I’ve been on the HE diet for such a long time, I was sure it was a boy. Do you think my ovulation being off caused my body to decide a girl was better this time around? We are happy either way that this little one completes our family, I would just like to know for my personal understanding since I thought I was an expert after that first successful boy sway LOL. Thanks agaín for everything atomic! You’ve helped our family in so many ways!

14. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Huge congrats on your new baby girl!

It isn't so much that ovulation being off swayed, it was whatever REASON your ovulation was off probably swayed. This could be for a variety of reasons, so I can't pin it down more than that. I can't tell anyone why their sway produced an opposite, but that would definitely be my first inclination if I had to guess.

16. Thanks mrsellis127 thanked for this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast