Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Coq10 can be used by either pink or blue because you're on different styles of diets and it can have a part to play in either sway. 200-400 mg coq10 is fine (I mentioned that in my other message! )
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

2. Thanks kkkk37 thanked for this post
    Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    thank you so much

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi atomic, I am back. I have had two cycles on femara, 5( 2 Doses) , day 3-9.
    On the first cycle, on Day 8 I had only one follikel 1,8 and got the trigger shot the same day, BFN.
    On the second cycle, on Day 8 I had also only one follikel ( or cyst) 2,6 mm, got also trigger shot same day. Now on CD 11 BFN.
    I definitely want to change the clinic, too little information and time for me. I've read and hoped to have multiple eggs, not just one and way too soon. Several months ago I was by a doctor on Day 8 and also had one egg 1,8, - the same as on Femara.
    What should I change: try naturally, higher dose of femara or another drug? Should I give up completely?
    Thank you.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok, I need more information. Are they scanning your ovaries on Cycle Day 8, while you are still taking Femara, and giving you a trigger shot then? Because Femara, while you are still taking it, will suppress ovulation. And they should NOT have given you a trigger shot while you were still taking Femara.

ARe you taking 5 mg Femara and for CD 3-9? I need to know this before I decide if I think you should try a higher dose.

Femara is less likely to have multiple eggs. For most people this is a benefit as they don't want twins. Are injectibles on the table?

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I take femara on days 3 to 7 (5 days long, dosis 5 mg 2 tabs). On day 8 I am scanned and the result was one egg 18mm the first time and one egg 26mm the second time.Both times on day 8 there was a trigger shot and planned sex on the next 2 days. I'm also worried that the shot comes too early or that the egg grows too quickly.
    Last edited by kkkk37; September 23rd, 2021 at 12:22 PM.

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry for the confusion and thanks for the help

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So when you say 5 mg 2 tabs you mean 5 mg total, not 10 mg, correct?

I agree, I think both months you had the shot too soon. You won't ovulate till 5 days after your last dose of Femara the vast majority of the time (like, I've only seen this happen a few times and in at least a couple of those cases, the people had skipped a pill). The 26 mm one was at least justified, I think they should have waited with the other one.

Some doctors won't give a trigger shot till the follicle is 20 mm. Anywhere from 18 and up should work, but I think they really jumped the gun that month especially.

5 mg is already a double dose from what most people take. I suppose you could take more, to get more suppression of estrogen at the start of the cycle. but I start to worry about things like lining and CM on higher doses. Femara is supposed to be more forgiving of that than Clomid, but at the same time I don't think just taking more will necessarily produce the results we want (which is you to conceive quicker).

I would ask them if you could start the Femara sooner. Taking it starting CD 2 or even 1 (and still taking for 5 days, so CD 1-5 or 2-6) might mean you get the suppressive power of the Femara in before the eggs start to develop, and it might help you not ovulate so soon after stopping the medication.

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi atomic,thank you for reply. Yes, I took 5 mg total.
    I assumed that ovulation would always take place within 2 days after the shot. I have not checked with ops and only had sex within 2 days after shot. In the end, I'm not sure if ovulation has occurred.Why do you take the shot and not wait for natural ovulation? I have also read that taking the medication from day 2 increases the number of follicles. I will aks.
    "Ovulation only after5 days after your last dose of Femara" - means that regardless of the size of the follicle, I should take the shot at earliest three days after the last dose?

Thank you.
    Last edited by kkkk37; September 23rd, 2021 at 03:00 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I feel like we're miscommunicating somehow - these are very hard things to explain, I'm sorry.

You probably did ovulate - sort of - after having the shot. But because they gave the shot in my opinion likely prematurely, it may not have been a fertilizable egg, or at a point in time where hormonally, everything was "right" for allowing the egg to move down the tubes and implant. By having a shot too soon, it may have been that your tubes and uterus were not READY to have the egg there yet and were still under the influence of the Femara too strongly. There may not have been the right kind of cells in the tubes and the right amount of fluid to let the sperm/egg pass through. This is about more than just the egg dropping, it's about the egg itself being ready to go, and also that your body is ready for the egg to show up and go where it's supposed to.

So while it's distantly possible that you did not ovulate (it can happen sometimes with the trigger) I think more likely you did ovulate an egg that had the odds against it because the shot was given too early, if that makes any sense.

Most people DO wait for natural ovulation. Some doctors think that the trigger shot boosts your chances of conceiving but of course that only counts if you get the trigger shot at a place and time where it helps you conceive rather than possibly interfering in that.

I think that in upcoming months, in addition to having attempts at the trigger shot, you should be having unprotected sex every 4 days in the 72 hour pattern before and after. That way if the egg shows up early, OR the egg comes late, you will still be in with a chance.

I can't say for sure if you should only have the trigger 3 days or longer after the last dose. I'm just saying it's quite unusual to ovulate before that 5th day after the last dose of Femara so it's not very likely that on CD 8 you should be having a trigger, just seems too early!

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you very much for the very detailed answer.

13. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast