Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

realised I had posted in wrong section (swaying thread). Trying to conceive after 9 week loss

Hi again! I tested for pregnancy with a very sensitive (10 ml/u) test to ensure a "blank slate" before trying again. It came up with a very faint positive (not a squinter, but faint), which I know for sure is not a new one having recently had a scan/knowing I've not ovulated yet. I'm now worried that my hormones are completely out of whack and feel like I can't afford to just let everything settle as I might've been able to do even 2 years ago--though I don't know what my choices are. Do you know if a very faint positive 8 weeks after a loss is normal and if it would interfere with ttc? I was feeling so relaxed a few months ago, very "let's not try too hard, just see what happens and it'll get there" to overnight desperation and anxiety about it all. Also doesn't help that my parents made comments about my "advanced age" (will be 38 next month) and while somehow a few months ago I saw this as no big deal, it suddenly seems huge, and the online stats are freaking me out even more (though I know many individuals on this website have been successful even later than that). Basically...one huge freakout, which I know can only backfire when ttc. I guess my questions are...is a very faint positive (def. not new) normal? Would it get in the way? I've been scanned and no retained products so can only imagine hormones must be out of whack...and....anything I can do to not bug out about my age, etc? I wish I could regain that relaxed attitude; instead, I'm a mess of googling and taking every supplement out there ( multivitamin, myo-inositol, ubiquitol, evening primrose, iron). Please tell me I've not missed the boat at 38...I worry that if this takes a few months to sort out, then the boat really will be missed, and right now that feels unbearable. Big thank you.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I did answer this in your other post, but I want to mention here as well in case anyone stumbles onto this question in future, that we have had a rash of faint positive pregnancy tests recently that are actually NEGATIVE. So based on what you have described in your other thread, where you have had a scan and some negative tests in the past, it is unlikely that this is a true positive test, though in order to be certain you'd need a blood test at your doc's office (which sometimes they are reluctant to provide, sigh).

I really really want to go over your supplements with you but want to mention I strongly advise against evening primrose for everyone. It has proven VERY disruptive to the menstrual cycle for most who take it, and if your hormones are somewhat out of whack, that would be my primary suspect.

While I cannot say this for certain, I am completely, totally, 1000% convinced based both on research and my own observations (even aside from this site where we have scads of people conceiving in their late 30's or beyond, considering I had a baby at 37, 39, and 42, and my mother, stepmother and grandmother plus several people in my extended family, including those I am not even genetically related to, had babies in their late 30's and 40's) that the "over 35 rule" is not a rule at all and is really overblown. If you have proven fertility, the odds are great you will be able to conceive at least till 40. So please do your best to take it a day at a time, because SO many of us have had this exact same panic as you (I was in an absolute TIZZ before I conceived my 3rd son at 36/37) and ended up with not just one but two or three more after that.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Thanks PinkSabra101 thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you Atomic for that. Both sets of my grandparents also had a baby at 40.

Pink Sabra I feel the exact same way I turn 39 this week and I have had 2 losses in the past year and a failed IVF cycle. I concieved my 3 boys not even trying/the first month trying and just never expected this.
    My friends have all well moved on from the baby chapter and love to express how great it is that the kids are growing up… but then there’s me, the only one without a mixed gender family, completely desperate for a daughter and also deeply missing the baby stage. It feels lonely. My cycle is still messed up 7 weeks later so we have just been doing the every 4 day method. Just waiting for a period to show up one of these days (or not). Good luck to you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Thanks atomic sagebrush, PinkSabra101 thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Fingers crossed we both have something to celebrate soon. I also desperately miss the baby stage/feel I have love to give another one. Huge good luck to you!

7. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

realised I had posted in wrong section (swaying thread). Trying to conceive after 9 week loss

Hi Pink Sabra- How is ttc going? No luck here yet

9. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Spoke too soon- got a bfp this morning!

11. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So sorry, just seeing this, not sure why! I'm so, so happy for you, that's wonderful news! I actually got a BFP right before Xmas, but unfortunately scan today didn't look good. Holding onto a tiny bit of hope, but I think I know in my gut that it's not right. I'm gutted, but hopeful for third time being the charm. My fingers are crossed for you; my daughter was born around August (guessing that's roughly when you're due?) and it's a lovely time to be pregnant/have a little one.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How is it going? You both give me hope.. have been trying for 10 month, after loss, then tried IVF for several cycles, looks like nothing to test and freeze. So on to TTC naturally I guess. Nearly 40 now.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by icyicy View Post
    How is it going? You both give me hope.. have been trying for 10 month, after loss, then tried IVF for several cycles, looks like nothing to test and freeze. So on to TTC naturally I guess. Nearly 40 now.
    Icy, let me know how I can help!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Girlplze View Post
    Spoke too soon- got a bfp this morning!

Congratulations on your BFP! Happy for you. I for one am a 46 year old still thinking about IVF. I've already been advised to have donor eggs, so we will probably start that soon.

16. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post