Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Extra vitamins/supplements with twin pregnancy?

I'm just curious as to whether or not I should be taking any extra vitamins or supplements now that I know I'm expecting twins? I swayed pink, and have been vegetarian/dieting for most of this year. I took 1600mcg of folic acid for a few months before conceiving, but that's it. Once I got a BFP, I started a prenatal and a DHA supplement. Oh, and I've been taking a baby aspirin every other day from when I was swaying until about 4-5 weeks, and I've been VERY slowly weaning off the baby aspirin.

Now that I know it's twins, should I keep up with the baby aspirin, or continue to slowly wean off? Should I add any other vitamins or supplements? I'd love to hear what other moms of multiples have done/are doing.

Thanks!
    2013: twin boy stillborn at 37 weeks
    Sweet baby boy, you are loved and missed more than you will ever know.
    There's not a day that goes by that I don't think of you and wonder what
    you would have been like. I love you and miss you so much.
    Rest now, my baby, in the loving arms of Jesus.

Biggest shock of our lives - surprise BFP! And it's a GIRL!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Personally I would not continue the baby aspirin unless advised to do so by a dr. ALthough I am not carrying multiples I would say you are ok with your prenatal, eating well and the DHA!
    Our long awaited is here!!!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm already weaning off the baby aspirin, but I wasn't sure if it might be a good idea to continue it in a twin pregnancy for any reason. I guess I'll just stick to the prenatal and DHA, like you said, unless any other twin mamas want to chime in and think I should add anything else! (Not that I *want* to add anything else, as taking pills while nauseous is not really fun )

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nah...just keep eating. I was literally STARVING when i got to about 4 months. I could not get enough to eat. I'm guessing the babies were growing a ton because i was so hungry all the time. In the beginning I was really sick so i didn't eat much. In that what to expect book for multiples the dr really advocates gaining in the beginning of the pregnancy as it ensures good birth weights. I gained a total of 46 lbs with the twins and carried them to 38 weeks. One was 5 1/2 pounds and the other was over 7. I really think my eating well helped their good weights. I am a firm believer in that your body will tell you what you need. Just trust your gut and your body and eat when you're hungry.
    Mom to 3 little men! Age 8 and twins who just turned 6!!

My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Calendar

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Boymomsrock View Post
    Nah...just keep eating. I was literally STARVING when i got to about 4 months. I could not get enough to eat. I'm guessing the babies were growing a ton because i was so hungry all the time. In the beginning I was really sick so i didn't eat much. In that what to expect book for multiples the dr really advocates gaining in the beginning of the pregnancy as it ensures good birth weights. I gained a total of 46 lbs with the twins and carried them to 38 weeks. One was 5 1/2 pounds and the other was over 7. I really think my eating well helped their good weights. I am a firm believer in that your body will tell you what you need. Just trust your gut and your body and eat when you're hungry.
    Thank you for this! Wow, you did great by keeping those babies in until 38 weeks! And what great weights, too!

I just started reading that book you mentioned last night, but I didn't get very far because I am so unbelievably tired in the evening. I'm excited to read about the things you can do to ensure a healthy twin pregnancy, this looks like it will be a very informative book.

As for eating well, I am really, really trying to eat a good amount each day, but with this constant nausea, gagging, and dry-heaving, I'm not getting enough food in, I'm afraid. I just nibble all day long. I can't eat heavy meals right now, they sit in my stomach like a brick and make me feel soooo nauseous. I'm eating things like homemade smoothies with almond milk, bagels, fruit, lots of greek yogurt, rice and beans, salads, and meat whenever I can stomach it. My hubby is so worried I'm not eating enough, but I just can't - I feel so sick! I'm hoping I can make up for it and start eating a lot more when the nausea gets better.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh, and I'm also wondering...would an iron supplement be a good idea? Especially since I was dieting/vegetarian/on the LE diet for most of this past year?

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sweetpea did you happen to post your "sway" on here? I would love to see it! I am new to all this swaying but I need a girl lol. I am also going to be on clomid so I thought I could relate to you. I tried sending you a message but since i am a newbie I wasn't able to

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh and I was pregnant with Clomid twins last year,ended in singleton pregnancy due to a 2nd trimester loss but my Dr didn't have me taking anything extra.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi, eeziarb26! Welcome! Yes, I did post my sway here, there's a link to it in my siggy. I'm so sorry to hear about your 2nd trimester loss, but I'm glad to hear that you were able to successfully carry the other twin. Good luck, I hope you get your girl!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I didn't eat much either in the beginning, I was throwing up all the time. You will make up for it later! Hopefully once you're out of the first trimester you will feel better. I ended up being anemic later in the pregnancy and took some iron from the health food store that wouldn't constipate me.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Thank you for this! Wow, you did great by keeping those babies in until 38 weeks! And what great weights, too!

I just started reading that book you mentioned last night, but I didn't get very far because I am so unbelievably tired in the evening. I'm excited to read about the things you can do to ensure a healthy twin pregnancy, this looks like it will be a very informative book.

As for eating well, I am really, really trying to eat a good amount each day, but with this constant nausea, gagging, and dry-heaving, I'm not getting enough food in, I'm afraid. I just nibble all day long. I can't eat heavy meals right now, they sit in my stomach like a brick and make me feel soooo nauseous. I'm eating things like homemade smoothies with almond milk, bagels, fruit, lots of greek yogurt, rice and beans, salads, and meat whenever I can stomach it. My hubby is so worried I'm not eating enough, but I just can't - I feel so sick! I'm hoping I can make up for it and start eating a lot more when the nausea gets better.
    Mom to 3 little men! Age 8 and twins who just turned 6!!

My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Calendar

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast