Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sparky in the HT forum is pregnant with identical twins and they totally missed the other baby on her first scan. I remember asking her where she was going to go for her first scan (as we live close to each other) and she said just the local one, they just need to check HB, well she then realised that maybe going to a better place is better. Not all sonographers are the same. I think it is a really good sign that she was able to see something in the second sac and that hopefully she just wasn't as good at getting the HB.

Good luck on Monday, I have my anatomy scan then also
    13 years 11 years 6 years & our HT miracle 2 years

6 IVF Cycles(3 SART & 3 Genea), 4 FET cycles, 4 transfers, 3 Chemicals.

Sep 11 2012: Genea, FET, 1 day 5, CGH HB transferred.
    4dp5dt POAS BFP, 9dp5dt 67, 11 dp5dt 183, 17dp5dt 3832
    Full Cycle Details here Cycle Summary

Finally our beautiful baby girl was born 20th May, 2013

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck on monday Glory. xxx
    Mummy to 3 gorgeous Boys and FINALLY our baby Girl
    Owen 2004
    Ellis 2006
    Liam 2009
    D Amy 2013

M/C Oct 2012 after 4 months trying

BFP again !! - Nov 2012 - Confirmed Twins at 6+5 then my dreams were crushed at 8+ weeks when one of our twins sadly died.

THANK YOU TO GENDER DREAMING FOR HELPING MAKE OUR DREAMS COME TRUE

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The babies will either eventually catch up to the dates they are supposed to be or they will just not make it. Early measurement are often wrong but approaching 12 weeks, they shall either measure and thrive or not. There cannot be a scenario that one is weeks behind the other. I think the next scan will clear things up for you.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oooooo now I'm worried :-(
    Owen 2004
    Ellis 2006
    Liam 2009
    D Amy 2013

BFP again !! - Nov 2012 - Confirmed Twins at 6+5 then my dreams were crushed at 8+ weeks when one of our twins sadly died.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum23boys View Post
    Oooooo now I'm worried :-(
    Obviously, we all hope for the best for you but in HT, we have lots of early ultrasounds happening. Usually, they are scheduled for 6 weeks because tgat is when you *should* see a heartbeat. Of course, there are instances where one doesn't but within one week, you really should and we *know* our dates to be fact with HT. So, by the time you are 7 weeks, if in fact you are 7 weeks, there should be a heartbeat with a baby that measures close to dates.

I just want to help you understand what is going on because reading your posts, it doesn't sound like you've been given a lot of information. The correct dates are obviously critical at this point in time but being off by weeks is not a viable situation.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok so being told baby with a HB was only measuring 5 weeks when i know going on date of ovulation I was 6+5 is not a good sign ?
    Owen 2004
    Ellis 2006
    Liam 2009
    D Amy 2013

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Did she give you a heartbeat rate? If it was in the good range, then I would not worry about the one with a heartbeat. (this is usually above 100 or 110)

I read she didn't give you any measurements? Without this you can only guess what is going on. If they both measured similar sizes, then you could hope that it was just a missed measurement.

If one is significantly smaller than the other, then the chances of this growing and becoming a baby are less likely.

To me it sounds like the sonographer was not very good, I think they should be very upfront with what is going on and she wasn't. I know it is hard, but I would try relax until Monday and go from there.

If baby was measuring 5 weeks but you thought 6.5, then maybe ovulation was later than you thought? Or implantation was late? But no if you are definately 6.5 and it measured 5 weeks, then this is not a good sign (But like NBP said, with HT we know exact dates, natural conception can vary.

Good luck!
    13 years 11 years 6 years & our HT miracle 2 years

6 IVF Cycles(3 SART & 3 Genea), 4 FET cycles, 4 transfers, 3 Chemicals.

Sep 11 2012: Genea, FET, 1 day 5, CGH HB transferred.
    4dp5dt POAS BFP, 9dp5dt 67, 11 dp5dt 183, 17dp5dt 3832
    Full Cycle Details here Cycle Summary

Finally our beautiful baby girl was born 20th May, 2013

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am and that at least one (and hopefully both) of your beans is okay.

In my experience (and I really hate to say this) measuring behind for dates this early is a bad sign, though this depends very much on how sure of your dates you are... But there are *tons* of stories (just google it) where situations like yours have turned into healthy babies and normal pregnancies. I'm cautious but hopeful for you, and so very very much hoping to hear good news.
    our perfect family:

(8) (5) (almost one)

thank you to atomic for helping make my dreams come true

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks ladies IU know your only being honest with me but im kind of scared now - i was trying to live in my own little bubble that things will be ok. This is my chart ..... I cant tell when i implanted but can clearly see when i ovulated so i guess my dates could be a little out going on ovulation not implanting ? I just pray tomorrow that we see atleast 1 heartbeat as i would so hate to come out of this with nothing and to have lost 3 babies in 3 months.

photo (31).JPG
    Owen 2004
    Ellis 2006
    Liam 2009
    D Amy 2013

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck! I hope all is well and the tech was just way off!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast