Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Not sure what to do, twin pregnancy and risks

Hi, I have 3 children and am pregnant with twins (8 weeks) and in 2 minds if I should continue the pregnancy. So scared about having premature babies which will have dissabilities/learning problems/health problems from being born early. It makes me worry so much, and how it would change our lives and our childrens and if its worth the risk. I was being selfish by wanting a 4th for the chance of a girl and now the reality is that I could end up with poorly children to look after and can't enjoy the 3 healthy ones I have :-( I carried all 3 of my children to 40 weeks and 39+4 etc. And am fit and healthy but 5ft 2 and not much room to grow them, but maybe my uterus is stretched from previous pregnancies so maybe it would be ok.
    I keep going around in circles.

How many people know of twins that are born with health problems?

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Having worked in health, the vast majority of twins are born healthy and happy around 37 weeks weighing above 5lb each. Obviously theres many factors that determine the sort of pregnancy you have. Although twins are at increased risks of premature labour and post birth complications this does not always equate to lifelong problems. Usually it may mean a small stint in special care. You should speak to your gp as he can advise you if you have risk factors for premature birth base don your medical history etc and advise on best way to reduce these. Of course only my opinion but I wouldn't consider aborting twins soley on the"chance" they may be born early. In fact the last lot of twins I seen were born at 38 weeks as mother didn't go into labour on her own! they were both over 6lb and went home the next day. Years ago I know twin pregnancies were high risk but with advances in monitoring and medical equipment, I think they can be managed much more effectively. Please try not to worry xxx
    2006 2009 2014 and expecting my 2nd sway opposite due 10/04/2017

3. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes chocolate, Kittybear liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you, I think Ive calmed myself a bit by reading a thread about when twins arrived and the majority weighed in at good weights and no problems.

5. Likes baby2016baby liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's just anecdotal, but ALL the twin pairs I know are healthy and bright.

7. Likes chocolate, baby2016baby liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    They do happen, but it is also absolutely the case that twins are born perfectly fine and healthy and then single pregnancies have issues. Since we don't ahve that crystal ball to look into, you would not ever be able to know if your twin pregnancy would end badly and additionally that a future single pregnancy would end well.

My uncles are twins born 60 years ago and they are both large and healthy men. My sister's daughter was a singleton born 3 years ago with the best of everything medically and nutritionally speaking, and weighed 3 lbs 8 oz. at birth. There is no way of knowing that one pregnancy would end badly and another would end well.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; July 26th, 2016 at 02:17 PM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

9. Likes chocolate, Blueplease liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Last edited by Babygirlquest; April 13th, 2021 at 01:58 PM.

11. Likes chocolate, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I understand you being nervous. I think that's normal. Twins do carry a higher risk but with proper pregnancy care, odds are they will be just fine! You just have to let the shock wear off so you can get excited about how special a natural twin conception is!! Congrats!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

13. Likes chocolate liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Both of my singleton pregnancies have been born at 36 weeks. Both had a 24 hr stay in the nicu just for observation they had a little jaundice but nothing too bad .i have heard alot of twin pregnancies going over the 36 weeks!! My aunty had b/g twins at 38 weeks. Both babies healthy and happy. Good luck chocolate i am sure it will all work out great in the end xo
    DW 33
    DH 34
    Dec 2016

Will try for another baby in 2019 to complete our family.

15. Likes chocolate, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I wanted to add: your height won't mean you'll have issues carrying twins. People often think height, pre-pregnancy weight or even shoe size relate to ability to carry to term/how they deliver, but that's not the reality! I don't know how your other pregnancies went, but know that your height wouldn't be the cause of problems.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

17. Likes chocolate, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you, all other pregnancies went perfectly and to term. I keep doing full circles, going to bed thinking how crazy I was to think adding twins to the family would be ok, money, time, health. Then I wake in the am thinking it will be ok.

19. Likes Throwaway_panther liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast