Downloads
    Uploads
    Just saying congrats!!! How wonderful

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Mae View Post
    I made it to 38w1d. No bedrest. I did stop driving around 2-3 before delivery b/c my belly was so big. Repeat c-section. Babies were 6.6 and 6.8 at birth. No NICU time. I was HUGE! To be honest, I am fatty patty while pregnant. I always gain a lot of weight while pregnant. And I didn't really gain any more weight than I did with my singletons, but I still gained about 70 pounds. YIKES! I never read Barbara Luke's book on multiples, but it is supposedly the guru of twin books. She suggests gaining weight early in your pregnancy b/c that would come in handy if you ended up in preterm labor and had to deliver early. Oh, and protein. She really pushes protein.

Oh, and my dr. said that it isn't usually preterm labor that causes twins to be delivered early. He said that usually high blood pressure or gestational diabetes is what gets you! I did have one scare of PTL, but it was a false alarm. Even at 38w1d with 13 pounds of baby, I wasn't even dilated.

Btw, I am bfing both girls. It can be done!

Let me know if you have any other questions!
    Wonderful info as always Daisy! Wow! Can't believe you made it til 38 weeks. That's fantastic! Thanks for the book recommendation. I need to get that. I'm mostly a vegetarian but I started eating meat again over the summer to try to help with my egg quality. I'll need to really focus on getting a lot of protein.

Good to know about ptl also. That makes me feel better. So did you have a c-section? It seems like most everyone does. I guess because usually one of them is turned the wrong way?

Great news about bfing! You are my hero. I bfed both my DD's for 2 years and I plan on trying my best to do it with twins. Did you/ are you pumping also? Neither of the boys would take a bottle. Do they feed at the same time?

Thanks again for all your help and advice.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    TTC5, Sunset, and Begonia thank you for your kind wishes!

Congrats to you also Sunset and Begonia! 2012 is our year for DD's!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi TD I had a scan yesterday and baby A is mesuring at 14 weeks 2 days and baby B 13 weeks 4 days !!!!
    Both babies are healthy and growing well. I have put on about 9lbs so far I think Im going to be huge this time.
    They gave me a due date 13th May thats if I go full term with them.
    I have my gender scan on the 28th December I cant wait to hear them say 2 girls.
    When is your next u/s ??
    Hope your keeping well xxxxxx
    2 gorgeous and my beautiful genesis TWIN GIRLS:

Sometimes the strongest women are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by faithuk View Post
    Hi TD I had a scan yesterday and baby A is mesuring at 14 weeks 2 days and baby B 13 weeks 4 days !!!!
    Both babies are healthy and growing well. I have put on about 9lbs so far I think Im going to be huge this time.
    They gave me a due date 13th May thats if I go full term with them.
    I have my gender scan on the 28th December I cant wait to hear them say 2 girls.
    When is your next u/s ??
    Hope your keeping well xxxxxx
    Great news Faith! You are out of the 1st trimester! Can't wait to join you. I haven't weighed but I feel a lot bigger. I definitely look pregnant now, which is crazy....I'll be 9 weeks on Tuesday!

My ds1 was born on May 13th and it's always near Mothers Day in the U.S. Wonder when they will be born? My ob told me my due date for the twins is at 36 weeks which comes out to June 4th. I had another ultrasound last week with my ob and then I have one more scheduled a week from tomorrow with HRC before I "graduate". Is reassuring to see them, get the measurements, and hear their little heartbeats.

Hope you are feeling well. Can't wait to hear more updates from you.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    HI, I am due May 3rd with Identical Twins (18wks now), but don't know the gender as yet. Hoping to find out on 13th Dec. I have 2 boys, swayed for a girl so FX. Been told I will be sectioned at 36wks (April 3rd) and so far have put on around 6lbs, which is ok considering I was super sick till 14wks. Will be nice to chat to other mums due twins around the same time as me!! Are ur's Identical also? I am scanned every 2 wks which is reassuring!
    Last edited by Inglewood; December 2nd, 2011 at 04:04 PM.
    2002 2006

IDENTICAL TWIN born 3rd April 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Anyone due a scan soon? I have my 20wk scan on tues, so nervous and excited!
    2002 2006

IDENTICAL TWIN born 3rd April 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congrats to all the ladies having twins the twins! Lots of women have healthy, non-complicated twin pregnancies, but do be prepared for things like bedrest and preterm labour because that's definitely a possibility. I was lucky in that I didn't have any of those problems.

I carried my identical twins to 37 weeks 5 days, then had a failed induction which resulted in an emergency c-section. My boys were 6 lbs 1 oz and 7 lbs. I nursed them until they were 2 - a lot of hard work in the beginning, but definitely worth it.
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey you guys!!
    I only just realised this section existed

How you doing tiny?? Resting up I hope xx

I still have so much to get and do but just too tired! Would much rather sleep than shop!

Anyway just wanted to say hi!!
    5 gorgeous 's
    And my beautiful genesis Cyprus born May 12

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12