Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

What should I expect with twins?

Just found out today that I'm having twins! I'm thrilled and wondering if anyone can help me know what to expect...

How much weight did you gain?
    How many weeks were your twins born at?
    What are the risks of carrying twins?
    Anyone have to be on bed rest with twins?

Tia! I'm anxious!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi
    I gained about 9 kilo's but I am classed as overweight so didn't need to gain as much. For someone with an average BMI my OB reccommends about 15kgs
    My Boys were delivered by planned C-Section at 38 weeks
    Their weights were 5lb 6oz and 6lb 7oz. The smallest 1 spent 7 days in hospital the biggest one came home with me 4 days.
    i did not have to be put on bed rest but just to take things easy in the last trimester.

Hope that helps. Twins are a true blessing and while it does make things a bit more hectic in the begining it is well and truly worth it. It is great to see the special bond that they have. My boys still sleep in the same bed and have to touch each other while they sleep and they are 3 1/2 now.

Hope everything goes great for you. Good luck and enjoy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congrats!!!!
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congratulations! Sorry no advice,but my sister had twin girls after 2 boys,, just wondering did you sway for them,can you share it if so?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanx for this thread Tiny. I have so many questions about having twins.
    Im so excited but really nervous aswell xxxxxx
    2 gorgeous and my beautiful genesis TWIN GIRLS:

Sometimes the strongest women are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    congrats!!!
    08 09 12

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I made it to 38w1d. No bedrest. I did stop driving around 2-3 before delivery b/c my belly was so big. Repeat c-section. Babies were 6.6 and 6.8 at birth. No NICU time. I was HUGE! To be honest, I am fatty patty while pregnant. I always gain a lot of weight while pregnant. And I didn't really gain any more weight than I did with my singletons, but I still gained about 70 pounds. YIKES! I never read Barbara Luke's book on multiples, but it is supposedly the guru of twin books. She suggests gaining weight early in your pregnancy b/c that would come in handy if you ended up in preterm labor and had to deliver early. Oh, and protein. She really pushes protein.

Oh, and my dr. said that it isn't usually preterm labor that causes twins to be delivered early. He said that usually high blood pressure or gestational diabetes is what gets you! I did have one scare of PTL, but it was a false alarm. Even at 38w1d with 13 pounds of baby, I wasn't even dilated.

Btw, I am bfing both girls. It can be done!

Let me know if you have any other questions!
    and Twin thanks to Dr. P
    OHW MS/GSN/IVF

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by onlythelonely View Post
    Hi
    I gained about 9 kilo's but I am classed as overweight so didn't need to gain as much. For someone with an average BMI my OB reccommends about 15kgs
    My Boys were delivered by planned C-Section at 38 weeks
    Their weights were 5lb 6oz and 6lb 7oz. The smallest 1 spent 7 days in hospital the biggest one came home with me 4 days.
    i did not have to be put on bed rest but just to take things easy in the last trimester.

Hope that helps. Twins are a true blessing and while it does make things a bit more hectic in the begining it is well and truly worth it. It is great to see the special bond that they have. My boys still sleep in the same bed and have to touch each other while they sleep and they are 3 1/2 now.

Hope everything goes great for you. Good luck and enjoy.
    Thanks for all the great info. I love how bonded your boys are, that is just precious! I think about mine in there now listening to each others heart beats. I'm really excited they will have each other.

Thanks for the well wishes. I'm sure I will have lots more questions along the way.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetsister View Post
    Congratulations! Sorry no advice,but my sister had twin girls after 2 boys,, just wondering did you sway for them,can you share it if so?
    Thanks for the congrats!

I ended up going ht. This was my 2nd cycle.

10. Dislikes Serenity disliked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by faithuk View Post
    Thanx for this thread Tiny. I have so many questions about having twins.
    Im so excited but really nervous aswell xxxxxx
    Me too! And I'm sure I've just hit the tip of the ice berg with my questions and concerns. This is a whole new ballgame!

Remind me how many weeks you are? We also have 5gb now to join us on this wild adventure! :-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast