Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Any more Pregnant Twin mum's out there???

Hi,

Just wondered where all the Twin mums had gone, so quiet in this section?? Would be nice to chat and compare info. I'm new to the Twin pg, due Identical twin's beg May, but c-section will be around beg April. I get scanned every 2nd tuesday to check for TTTS and currently my babies are around the same size and doing well. We were told they were Girls on tues, but I'm scared to believe that! Hoping the next scan or 2 will reassure me they are Girls (swayed for a girl) or I might be told they are actually boys??? Then the thought of 4 boys...the mayhem!! I have 2 boys already. lol

I have bought some books on twins and a fab mum on here has been great at keeping me right! (Mocha). Just wondered if anyone fancied keeping in touch about our Twin pg?

Hope so! x
    Last edited by Inglewood; December 18th, 2011 at 04:48 AM.
    2002 2006

IDENTICAL TWIN born 3rd April 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Tiny Dancer!

Lovely to hear your reply! Congratulations on your Twin Girls too after 2 boys I'm wondering what it will be like, especially having 2 babies of a new gender! lol I was told Girls at my 20wk scan last tues, but for some reason I can't believe it quite yet! Do you get scanned every 2wks? I do because they are ID twins and they monitor me for Twin to twin transfusion syndrome, so when I go on the 28th Dec I will asking again and every 2wks after that!! I have booked a 4d scan on the 18th jan to take my boys to (a surprise for them) find out the gender, makie it a happy day they will remember with a dvd and colour pic's of the babies. My orginal due date is my MIL's birthday, 3rd May, alot of May b'day's in my Dh's family. So having the babies at the beg of April will be nice. Mother's Day here is on 18th March next yr, so just before babies, unless they come even earlier! My Dh is a twin, he has a twin sister. Lots of twins in his family, only one on mine, my grt-grandmother had a boy and a girl (girl died). But Id twins are purely random, so the only person to blame is my body!! We laughed with the Consultant as I couldn't even blame Dh a teeny bit for having 2! Funny, esp with him being a twin!

How old are ur boys? I'm lucky mine are 5 and 9, so will be very helpful and they are so excited. But going from 2-4 with no kid no 3 is daunting!!! lol Do u mind me asking? Did u do PGD? or IVF? I'm not clued up on all the beta info and the numbers, interested what it all means tho.

Lovely to meet u, hope ur pg is going well? I was super sick till 14wks, hope ur well? Same here Pm me any time and look forward to keeping in touch. Are u in US?
    2002 2006

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Your boys are similar ages to mine being 5 and 9 when twins are born. I swayed to have 'a' girl and fell pg my 2nd month trying, which was lucky. I tried an 0+16 method after ovulation and I got pg, which I can't believe! I couldn't afford PGD, and Dh said we could try for a girl, but that was it no more...oops! and we got 2!! lol You have alot of twins too like my Dh, such a coincidence my dh is a twin and we are having ID twins that are nothing to do with him. Can't believe ur sister has twin girls too!

I never had 4d scan with the boys, didn't know the sex until they were born until they arrived! With ds2 I had was expecting a girl (just felt like a different pg) and hate to admit had a bit of gender disappointment! I adore him so much and so glad he is part of our family, he's a character!!

Having to sell our house in the new year (crap time to sell) and buy a bigger car!! Lots to think about, do u have similar problems?

Thanks for explaining the Beta numbers, thought it was maybe that, but wasn't sure. Wow! they certainly did rise then!

Rushing off tonight, have my work xmas night out!! I am taxi, so leaving early! Catch up soon, lovely to have someone to chat to also x
    2002 2006

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry to hear u had some bleeding! but glad it's subsided now, must of been scary! Take it easy and rest especially for the next week or so, as much as u can over xmas! They should keep a good eye on you now!

I had a great night, but never got home till 0130hrs then Dh woke me up at 0530 leaving for work and that was me up! So ended up having a 'nap' some nap...I went to bed at 10am-2pm!!! Was shattered.

Can I ask if u have gained much weight? I lost 7lbs (just over 3kg) being so sick till 14wks and in the past 4wks have gained it ALL back on and more! Have gained around 14lbs, (5-6kg), not sure how, other than the fact I have been eating normally again and a wee bit more for the babies (was advised to eat around an extra 600-800 calories per day). Feeling a bit 'chunkier' lol esp my thighs! Some twin mums I know have put on alot of weight to have healthy babies, but not sure?? I wasn't really overweight before my pg, but was above average weight prob for my height by 20lbs/9kg.

Are u planning to have the babies in the same cot? Some people say I should, but whilst in hosp after my c-section I will be in for 4 days and the babies will have their own crib whilst in hosp, so should I keep them separate at home?

Sorry, Asking all these questions....had all that on my mind today!! lol

Oh, meant to say I'm in Scotland. x
    Last edited by Inglewood; December 20th, 2011 at 05:21 PM.
    2002 2006