Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My identical twins are definitely not 100% identical. Anyone who knows them can tell them apart no problem most of the time - they have different face shapes and always have. I even doubted they were identical when they were babies and had their DNA tested just to make sure...
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh I read this article! I meant to post it here because I thought it was fascinating ... the article about twins is online here:
    Twins - Pictures, More From National Geographic Magazine

Mocha, my BFF is an identical twin, and while people who don't know them sometimes mistake them, they are pretty easy to tell apart IMHO. It's a facial structure thing, much like you said with your boys. We had a playdate today with DD2's best pals who are identical twin boys, and the older they get ... even these past 6 months ... the easier it is to tell them apart from even across the room.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My mum was taller then her identical twin sister and their face shapes were slightly different.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That was one of the interesting things in the article about the twins ... the slight (and sometimes not so slight) differences, and some of it they chalked up to epigenetics. If you read anything about that it will lead you back to wondering how that impacts swaying. There are some intriguing potential links in all of it.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also, there are 'mirror image' identicals where they are genetically identical, but reversed, so their facial features are slightly tipped the opposite direction, their hair parts on opposite sides, and one is right handed, one left handed.

Crazily, Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen are NOT identical twins. They're fraternal and just happen to look alike!! o.O
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That was a fantastic photo journal essay. My great uncles are identical twins and they look very alike, but there are some facial difference, especially with the brow bone and lip shape. One has since passed, but while they were alive, they were similar to each other in temperament and personality, too.
    03 08

03-06-12

Diagnosed with PCOS in 2009

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am due identical twins apparently! But have been they will sent the placenta off for DNA analysis when they are born to make sure it's not 2 fused placenta's. The nat geographical article was good with all the pics. Did it not say that twins that share a placenta (ID twins) can be very different due to how each of them spend time in the womb environment and that can cause many differences. I know non-ID twins that are more alike than ID twins.
    Last edited by Inglewood; March 1st, 2012 at 06:09 PM.
    2002 2006

IDENTICAL TWIN born 3rd April 2012

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    fascinating. going to send this to my friend who has idential twin boys...they shared their placenta and unfortunatly had twin-to-twin tranfusion syndrome. it was so scary, because it was pretty severe. she had to undergo 2 in-utero surgeries to save them. one twin was getting all the nourishment, blood supply, while his twin was starving.

now at 2 years old, they definitely look pretty different. one is much much larger and fuller face...compared to his brother (the one who wasn't getting enough nourishment from the placenta). Also that twin had now at 2 years old because of the womb environment and the twin who got more blood/nourishment is much bigger than his twin. He also had torticollis and plagiocephaly -- he wore a helmet and had PT for over a year, so is fine now...but they def look different. So, you are 100% right that their experience in the womb is a factor.

I have another good friend/colleague who is an identical twin, now in her late 30s. She look sooo much like her sister!! If I see her sister alone, I have to really look closely and think about which person it is. LOL. But my friend is smaller (weight wise) than her sister and their eyes are just slightly different, which is how I tell them apart.
    4140 2007 2009 (VBAC)

2012 - 2 chemicals
    May testing: FSH 20, AMH .4 diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve.
    June: Natural BFP! baby boy lost at 9 weeks & blighted ovum

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    wow! that is crazy! i thought when they said identical it meant IDENTICAL! lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast