Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Chunky Monkey, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!! That is super helpful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really want to give it a try, because like BoyJoy up there, I get sick to death of how much I spend on disposables, not to mention thinking about them piling up in a landfill. I am sure with the smart people making CDs these days that it isn't as difficult and annoying as when my mom CDed me!!!
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    purplepoet - have you tried a "bikini twist" prefold fold with a Snappi? My hubby found all other folds for prefolds hard but liked that one
    Wife to a sweetie DH & Mama to:
    C, 13yo ; A, 11yo ; B, 9yo ; G, 6yo - successful blue sway; H, 3yo - sweet surprise!; C, 2yo - successful blue sway!, S - newbie!

Thank you GD!!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would recommend a trial program when starting out, there are a few places like Nicki's Diapers that offer a trial program with a store credit for anything you return, but there are also some that offer you your money back (which if CDing doesn't work out is good). This is a thread on diaperswappers with a lot of good info on trial programs:
    http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...d.php?t=886295

I wish I would've done one of these when I started out because I ended up buying a lot of diapers trying to figure out what worked for us!
    2000 2006 2009

Cycle #1 at RFC (antagonist protocol)
    6 eggs retrieved, 3 mature
    4 fertilized
    3 embryos sent to pgd (3 probe)
    1 normal boy, 2 abnormal girls-- no transfer

Cycle #2 at RFC (long lupron)
    17 eggs retrieved, 10 mature
    11 fertilized
    8 embryos sent to pgd (3 probe)-- 3 normal boys, 1 normal girl
    1 girl transferred--7dp5dt BFP!! Betas 9dp-52 11dp-153 13dp-417 15dp-851 16dp-283

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks so much for the info.....also, be careful, as I got a trojan (ie. very destuctive virus) on my work computer clicking on the diaper pin link from CM (some hackers attach viruses to sites they think the looker won't know what to do, obviously they think CD mommies are hippies that don't know anything about computers), although it totally wasn't your fault, of course, CM!!!! Just FYI!
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am so sorry!!! I had no idea anyone could even do that! Can I edit the post somehow? Maybe I'll just remove that link?

I removed it! I don't know if that takes care of it, but I'm sorry if anyone had issues with it
    Last edited by Chunky Monkey; March 28th, 2011 at 01:55 AM.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by skrimpy View Post
    purplepoet - have you tried a "bikini twist" prefold fold with a Snappi? My hubby found all other folds for prefolds hard but liked that one
    No I haven't, never seen it done.... I have recently finishe my one-size wool covers and made the prefold with snaps on them and everyone finds them easy.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Fuzzy Bunz has a new diaper, one-size... you can adjust the elastic in the legs for bigger or smaller thights. They also fit really well around the butt.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Chunky Monkey View Post
    I am so sorry!!! I had no idea anyone could even do that! Can I edit the post somehow? Maybe I'll just remove that link?

I removed it! I don't know if that takes care of it, but I'm sorry if anyone had issues with it
    OMG, it's SO not your fault! These hackers attach them randomly to all sorts of sites, and I don't know why my work computer did not stop/catch it! Thanks for removing, though, I'd hate for anyone else to get it!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I cd'd dd & am doing both cd's & disposables with the baby. My current favorite is Rumparooz, which is a one-size pocket. DS is prone to mega blowouts, and these fully contain that, thank goodness! They have an inner gusset on the legs, which basically provides an extra bit of elastic to hold everything in. Cute prints, and they don't take long to dry (you remove the microfiber insert from the diaper as you put it into your diaper pail). Their newborn diapers, Lil Joeys, were my absolute favorites. So teeny tiny, but they fit my chunky monkey beautifully!

I like ordering from nickisdiapers, and abbyslane is great too. She has very fast shipping, and I think it's a lower threshold for free shipping.
    (6/02) (1/04) (3/06) (11/10)
    TTC one more girl to complete our family!
    All cycles at Fertility Institute of New Orleans:
    1st - 3rd IUI with sperm sort & Follistim: BFN
    4th IUI + sperm sort, Follistim & Menopur ~ IUI done 2/27/2012 ~ BFP on 3/8/2012!!
    Twins seen on early u/s, but Baby B wasn't viable. Baby A looks great, though!
    Amniocentesis & Ultrasounds at 13.5 weeks & 15 weeks confirmed GIRL!!

Lily Katherine is here!! Born on 11/15/12, 9 lb 8 oz.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We've used bumGenius with both babies and really loved them. I've also tried about a gazillion other things, LOL, but those are our favorite. I prefer the pockets (4.0) because I like that I can bleach the inserts every few months if they get stinky. They also dry a lot faster than the Elementals.

IMO, most one-size diapers are hard to use from birth. They may well work, but are just SO bulky on a newborn baby. I would recommend getting some sized diapers for the start. We used newborn/xs diapers until DS was big enough to fit in the one-size bumGenius.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast