Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We hold our boys on the couch in front of the tv (cooking or history channel) when they fall asleep we put them in theri beds... 13mth old in my room but in crib most of the night. For us this works for now but in when the new baby comes the 2 boys will share a room for a little while.

My neighbor who has a 10 and 5 year old found it easier to keep them in the same room until just recently. Some kids are afraid to be alone and having a parent or a sibling nearby is comforting.

Your kids are young enough to have 1 joined "sleepingroom" with just the beds, then have a dressingroom and playroom... at about 7-9 the older one will want her own room and the rest will soon follow.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My 5 older kids only slept wit is for a few weeks then went to the bassinet and at 4/5 months into the crib,my current baby is 10 months and has never slept anyplace other than our bed,i equally love and hate it so im aiming for him to start napping in his own room by a year and then have him go to sleep with us at night and then transfer him to his crib.Fingers crossed on that one but my marriage is important and i miss sleeping close with hubby and ds wakes up when i get out of bed....so annoying.
    9899030508 1012 for a one day.Summer 20017 pink sway is a go!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    They don't sleep in our bed. We did slept we the baby in 1 room for a couple months. And when I was very sleepy I did BF in the bed and we fall asleep. But that's it. She sleep in a room alone and she only fall asleep in there in her crib.
    I guess if they are big enough to remember then they don't want to leave your place anymore or so...
    Other thing is I do not fall asleep easy and I just can't sleep good with them at all.
    +1

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have hopes that the two DSs will decide that they can handle the night in their room when the twins arrive. I can get the four year old to mostly stay in his bed, but the two year old just walks around till he finds someone. If he can't find us, he jumps in DS 1's bed and wakes him up. Right now, b/c I am too big and too nightmarish to sleep next to, DH and DS 2 sleep in my bed, and DS 1 and I sleep in the guest room, soon to be girls' room. Plan once the twins arrive is to put DH on a mattress on the floor of the boys' room and then lock me in our room with the babies in bed with me so I can nurse them both all night long. My MIL will be in the nursery/guest room. Gonna be a circus . . .

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    First of all, yeah to all the other Mamas doing co-sleeping! I enjoy the coziness and the sweetness of snoozing with my 2 DS's. My husband is gone for several nights a week so we all fit nicely in a king size bed. When my DH is home my 6 year old sleeps in his room and moved out when he was 4 and ds2 kept waking him up. Ds2 is still in our bed every night. One of my friends moved a queen size mattress into their room in addition to their king size bed so everyone could be in the same room, maybe that could work. Also I sleep next to my DH to snuggle with him. I also let ds2 fall asleep and then move him to ds1's bed sometimes just to be alone with DH. Sorry for the long response but hope it helps! Good luck.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    we normally put the boys to sleep in their room. ds1 (3) gets frightened easily, so he ends up in our bed around 3-4am and ds2(18mo) wakes up anywhere between 3-8am and climbs in bed with me. DH works 3hours away so when he is home this is our schedule. when he is away, the boys sleep with me- (in their bed not ours!) Now when we relocate and dh will be home every night, that will be a different story

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Last edited by gossie; March 2nd, 2013 at 08:31 AM.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My one year old little girl sleeps in her crib, but it is in our room. I have to think about moving it to the bedroom that my middle daughter sleeps in. But it works out because she makes some noise for a while and then goes to sleep so it would keep my middle daughter up also if she is not sleeping yet. So I guess in a way you can say the baby sleeps on her own even though she is in our room. She falls asleep in that crib. With DD1 she would scream her head off in that crib and then I put her in the bed. My younger 2 thank goodness do sleep on their own. It may take a while for them to get to sleep but they do it. DD1 forget it.

We only have 2 bedrooms. Having 3 girls makes it a little easier for now.

My middle daughter sleeps on her own and her crib was moved into her bedroom at a very young age, but we had the room with only 2 at the time also.

Now my 8 year old guess what still sleeps with us. She is the very tough one. I am almost embarrassed to admit this. I do not tell many people this. She is fearful of monsters and things and she knows her younger sister sleeps on her own but she does not care. We talk and talk to her. She one day I think will let go and do it.

So the only real problem I have is with my 8 year old. The baby moving to another floor with her sister I think will be fine.

If and when HT ever worked out, I would move my 3 girls to our bedroom which is big let them share it and keep the new baby with me and DH (which is the kids room now). This is just talk.
    Last edited by NYFamilyOfFiveRoses; July 20th, 2011 at 02:33 PM.
    2003 2006 May 2010 (My VBA2C baby)

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We transitioned by now almost 4 year old from our bed at 23 months when I was about 2 months pregnant. I wanted to have ample time for her to be used to her own bed before the new baby arrived so she wouldn't feel displaced. She was recently nightweaned at 18 months and had been sleeping through the night really well (finally!). So we set up a routine and it was a really tough few weeks but we finally did it and she's a great sleeper now in her own bed. She's more than welcome to come into our bed if she's scared or anything. DD2 is 15 months and we'll follow generally the same pattern. I think it will be even easier for her as she'll have big sister in the room with her. FX! I can't have more than one kidlet in the bed and get any sleep. Every time we travel I'm a zombie lol.
    Heather
    Mama to Gabriela (4) Liliana (22 months)
    TTC our son in April

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You must have a huge bed . DD slept in our bed until 3. Althought this time around we are putting the new baby in the crib, but anytime he wants the comfort of his parents we won't stop it.

We decorated her room and everything, she loves garden and flowers, so we made that the theme of the room and also let her help us with the decoration like sticking the wall decals etc. It took a little patience in the beginning to get her to sleep there. It was some effort from both of us. After her daddy told her stories, she asked for me to sing her songs...lol. So we did whatever it takes. No TV and all. We have very strict only 30 mins a wk-day TV rule for her. She still occasionally (1-2 times a month) climbs in with us in the middle of the night though. She is 6.

Try selling their rooms to them, maybe they want to sleep together, so start with making all of them sleep in one room together, so no one is left and say daddy needs to sleep in his room as his back hurts or something like that.
    Last edited by Aqua; August 4th, 2011 at 05:06 PM.
    our big girl ..and our bouncy baby

Quit my job and I'm now and loving every bit of it (well most of the time

Link to my sway http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...-boy-sway.html

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast