Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by NYFamilyOfFiveRoses View Post
    My one year old little girl sleeps in her crib, but it is in our room. I have to think about moving it to the bedroom that my middle daughter sleeps in. But it works out because she makes some noise for a while and then goes to sleep so it would keep my middle daughter up also if she is not sleeping yet. So I guess in a way you can say the baby sleeps on her own even though she is in our room. She falls asleep in that crib. With DD1 she would scream her head off in that crib and then I put her in the bed. My younger 2 thank goodness do sleep on their own. It may take a while for them to get to sleep but they do it. DD1 forget it.

We only have 2 bedrooms. Having 3 girls makes it a little easier for now.

My middle daughter sleeps on her own and her crib was moved into her bedroom at a very young age, but we had the room with only 2 at the time also.

Now my 8 year old guess what still sleeps with us. She is the very tough one. I am almost embarrassed to admit this. I do not tell many people this. She is fearful of monsters and things and she knows her younger sister sleeps on her own but she does not care. We talk and talk to her. She one day I think will let go and do it.

So the only real problem I have is with my 8 year old. The baby moving to another floor with her sister I think will be fine.

If and when HT ever worked out, I would move my 3 girls to our bedroom which is big let them share it and keep the new baby with me and DH (which is the kids room now). This is just talk.
    Don't be embarrassed Mama (((HUGS))) Our 3yo sounds a lot like your oldest and we do the same as you(and will continue until he doesn't need us to). They won't be little forever and she will always remember you being there for her. Parenting doesn't stop when the sun goes down. It's nice to hear about all the bed sharing mama's out there Makes me feel right at home here! LOL
    Crunchy Mama to 3 rambunctious boys~ '06 :bike: '08 '10

Our beautiful is here!!

Felina Lilyanne was born at home ~ 4/12!

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My oldest transitioned to his own bed around 3 1/2 but he still sleeps with us occasionally and he's 5 now. My youngest is only 2 months but we'll probably transition around 2 this time. My oldest keeps bugging me about when they can finally share a room...lol! My mom bed shared with all of us kids and my baby brother (the youngest) slept with her up until he was about 9 years old. =)

I'm Bee

(DS1-5 yrs)
    (DS2-10 mos)
    with our

Due June 15th!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My 3.5 and 2 yr old were always in the same room as us, from birth until last week, they started sharing room. it was ok for 2 nights..dad would sleep next to them until they fell asleep then sneak back into our room. oldest one will wake up some nights and asks one of us to sleep next to him...so we just connected the boys mattresses (full mattress, never bought bed or box). they both sleep fine.

I figured it's ok since they are still little and they are both boys. Plus it's here in the U.S that I hear parents separating their kids from themselves early on. in other countries, and where DH and I grew up, we all slept in one room w/ mattresses all connected together (sometimes 5 people in a room). we turned out fine and are independent individuals.
    2008 2010
    praying and swaying for a

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My 3 yr old ds is still in our bed. He goes to sleep in his own bed but I actually move him to our bed later because he flips out if he wakes up alone his room. We may be working on it soon though. Kinda makes me sad because I like him near us at night.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    DS1 never slept with me. From the moment he came home from the hospital, he was in a crib, in a separate room.

DS2 has never slept in a crib - we never even owned one! He's always slept with me, and still nurses to sleep, although he's sloooowly weaning now. I doubt he'll be out of the bed anytime soon. He has his own toddler bed next to the king bed but refuses to sleep on it (he has to snuggle up close to me or he won't sleep). I don't mind any of this b/c DH is out of town on business much of the time and it's comforting.

We are buying a side-car bassinet for the new one - we'll see how it works out!
    Supermom to DS1 (1996) & DS2 (2009) & DS3 (2013) & my HT beauty DD4 (2015)
    -=-=-
    • Failed sway attempt in 2012... read my girl sway
    • HT cycle #1 HRC June 2014: 13 eggs, 12 mature, 12 fertilized, 9 biopsied, 5 normals (3XX/2XY) - transferred 1XX HEB AB... 4dp6dt BFP!!! HB 125bpm seen 6w3d
    • FET cycle #1 HRC Dec 2016: PUPO with DD5!! BFP POAS 4dp6dt!!! 1XX HB AA <3 <3 <3

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ds1 was 14 months although he'd start out the night in his cot and then come into our bed when he woke up.
    Ds2 was 6 months. We had lots of problems with him sleeping at all and I had depression and I couldn't take it one night and stuck him in the cot which was still set up as ds1 was only just transferring from cot to bed, and he settled straight down. After that I put him down alone and he was happy that way. (Although now his older he likes company at bed time lol)
    Ds3 bed-shared until 17 months, he went straight to a big boy bed and then I'd get into his bed to nurse at night. When we stopped nursing at almost 3 years he started sleeping through for a few months. Now his 4 he wakes at night about 60-70% of the time and will climb in with us.
    We now have ds4 in with us, although the cot is set up in the hopes of him starting the night in there so I get some hands free time lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Feb 2006 Oct 2007 March 2010 Oct 2013

Hoping the future holds a for us......

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Both of them still do at times. My oldest usually sleeps all night, or some nights he will wake up and come to our bed. He will be five in October. My youngest sleeps with us pretty much all the time. We bough a King size bed and just roll with it. My parents never let me share their bed as a child and it always made me sad, especially if I had nightmares (which I did frequently). they are welcome to sleep with us whenever they like.
    I my 2009 2013
    Christmas Eve team green baby

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My 4 yr old was do ii ng really well mm sleeping on his.own from when he was a baby until abt few months ago when we moved to a nee state, home etc..

He gets soo panicky at night time and refuses to sleep in his room. I've been letting hom sleep in iur room for now. We r planming on getting him a big boy bed so hopefully that'll encourage him

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk
    5 Year old DS - The most amazing kiddo ever!!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Our 3 yr old comes into our bed during the night occasionally and our youngest sleeps in his cot in our room still and also will sometimes want to come in our bed if he wakes up in the night. We tried to get him to sleep in a "big bed" in a room with his brother but he is not interested at all at the moment.

Our youngest never slept in our bed as I was pushed to use "controlled crying" and lectured to never let him in our bed (now he is the child less close to us??!?) but the others were all in our room in their cots and have always been bought into our beds when I was feeding them or if they woke up thru the night. My opinion is they're only little once, they're not going to want to come into our bed forever and I love them snuggling up to me, and they obviously need that sometimes.

We do need to try to get DS6 out of the cot in our room in the coming months though, before I do have another baby.

I was also never allowed in my parents bed.

Mum of 9 boys & my stillborn angel daughter, Shaylah Anne 20/02/2015

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    With DS1 I did up the nursery & couldn't imagine having a child in my bed.... At 15 months, after months & months of sleepless nights, antidepressants & misery I gave in, placed him in our bed & we all slept. I could have punched myself for being so stubborn. We set up a "big boy" room when he was 18 months old (I was PG with DS2) & he would go down in there but come into us in the night. Once DS2 was born my husband spent half the night in our bed & half in with DS1. We had a crib next to our bed for DS2 but as soon as he woke I would put him into our bed. We set up a reward chart for DS1 with "sleeping all night without Daddy" on it & slowly he got more & more stickers on it. DS1 is now 5 & DS2 is nearly 3. They share a bedroom but DS2 wanders into us at about 5am-ish for a breastfeed & snuggles down between us for a snooze. I absolutely love co-sleeping & will absolutely co-sleep with any more babies with whom me are blessed.

Darcy 10.4.2009 ⚓Eamon 4.07.2011⚓ Felix 15.05.2015

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast