Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Slings and things ;D

Any sling fans out there?!
    I am properly obsessed and addicted to my slings, I have quite a collection now and just love babywearing soooo much. Thankfully I have a lovely slingy community where I live who share the same passion so we all seem a little less weird!

I just bought another sling, it's black and white with stars on - Kokadi Diorite Stars - can't wait for it to arrive

I carried my first born from birth in a stretch wrap, then progressed to a Mei tai then woven wraps. I have about a dozen wovens and also a wrap conversion buckle carrier for those days when it's too wet and icky to wrap.

Please share your baby wearing experience!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi there!

Strictly translated from Dutch i'm a 'longfeeder' and also very active on a variety of fora, so then you come in touch automatically to what is so in line with bf-ing, attachment parrenting and so on; babywearing.

I first discovered the principles of babywearing when ds1 was around 16 months, he never liked it from that age. I was already pregnant with ds2 and once he was borni carried him in a stretched wrap the first three months, but he didn't always liked it. But i also got a Manduca soft structured carrier which i love to use! I have also two woven wraps, one didymos and one girasol, but i never used them just because i never managed to tie them on my back! With the manduca that's just peanuts! I also made a mei tai myself, but not to my satisfaction. And i have a sling, which is really comfy when ds2 gets tired...

Am planning to carry my next baby a lot more! Especially as ds will be around the age of 4 then, so i would love to walk in the woods and then a wrap is really handy! Also want to learn bf-ing while wearing. Just love the bond it's given us! Also planning to use the co-sleeper longer :-)

* english is not my mother language, hope it's understandable ;-)
    Mother of '08 and '10

And a aug '14

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have 11 baby carriers. I had 5 or 6 of them when DS1 was born and then accumulated the rest one at a time here and there. There is still one in specific I have my eye on that has a buckle waist with Mei Tai straps, but I can't really justify the expense right now with my "baby" being nearly two. At this point, I only wear him at the grocery store and when he's resisting going down for a nap.

We have a great babywearing community where I live, but now that my oldest is 5 and not at school (we're homeschooling), it's hard to attend the "baby" meetings like babywearers and La Leche League with him anymore.

I never got into wraps. I have 2, but hardly ever use them and really don't get all the hype about different colorways or designs or fabric combinations. I much prefer my SSC (4th gen Beco - old school!) and Mei Tai for ease of use and the ring sling and cotton pouch for hip carries.

I wore my first a lot and my 2nd a little less. I plan to wear the next baby more than either of my first because I just don't see how else I'll get anything done!
    2007 2011 2014
    2009 2010 2013 (GD sway)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Haha I can always find a way to justify a new one! I know what you mean - a half buckle - I was thinking about converting my ladybirds wrap into this, looks really funky!