Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vaccinations

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I work in health care and have seen some really bad- side effects from vaccines such as seizures paralysis and even cardiac arrest needless to say these side effects are written inside the box so you cant sue the company :/
    ds1 2008 ds2 2011 ds3 so hoping for a girl or 2 one day

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    NBP, indeed, everyone wants to benefit from herd immunity without having to put themselves at risk, no matter how minor or unlikely that risk might be. But as with most matters of importance, most people aren't focused on the bigger picture and the long term. Maybe I won't be either once I have kids.

Rachel, negative occurrences nearly always stand out much more than positive ones. It is true that some people react poorly to vaccines, a small minority severely so. But overall, vaccines prevent far, far, FAR more damage and death than they cause.

I'm no lover of Big Pharma, but bad reactions to medicine are not necessarily anyone's fault. As genetics and pharmacokinetics progress, we should be able to predict with increasing accuracy how individuals are likely to respond to drugs & vaccines and use that info to avoid the more serious reactions.
    Last edited by maidentomother; September 23rd, 2014 at 07:37 PM.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removìng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think vaccine injuries can be compared to plane accidents. When one happens, everyone talks about it, hears about it...but nobody hears about or talks about the thousands of planes that get to where they need to be safely every time. If that metaphor makes sense.
    Thank you God and Our Lady
    - 2005 - 2007 - 2010 - 2012 - 2013 - 2016

Due January 2021

Dec '12, Feb '13, July '15

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well its def is not easy telling a mother her brain damaged vaccine damaged child is a one off case and she needs to see the bigger picture...... also heard immunity has been debunked and there no 100% way to not contract any of those diseases.... i have seen paralysis from a flu vaccine more than once as well....... any how every one should make their own informed decisions and go back a little in history just to see how this all started and find the REAL statistics.... Anw i have seen some crazy side effects from alot of meds /vaccines but due to the big pharma keeping docs on their toes with holidays and cash you will rarely see this stuff officially documented. I know everyone wants to hear the pharmaceutical companies love us and want cures for all but this is not the world we live in i had to work in the biz to see this the hard way !
    ds1 2008 ds2 2011 ds3 so hoping for a girl or 2 one day

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Personally I think everyone should have the main vaccines unless there is a very sound reason why not - I know there are minor risks (and yes totally horrific beyond words, if something does happen and Rachel I'm so sorry you have seen cases in the course of your job), but there are risks in everything that we do in life. It has certainly been proved in London that the increased cases of measles in the last three years, which can have fatal and life threatening consequences, are absolutely down to a lower take up of the MMR vaccine amongst certain ethnic groups.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Unfortunately in our days the health system is connected to financial profit, starting from MDs, to medical facilities, to goverments and ministers of health and of course pharmaceutical companies....
    I have done all of the vaccinations for my DDs (the mandatory ones), though we were highly sceptical, because he had to before they started school (they are actually mandatory in Greece and the one for tubercolosis is done age 7 at school).
    But as we are getting close to other -elective vaccines- like Gardasil or the tetanus I'm not so sure.
    IMO, in general though, we must not take for granted what an MD suggests, without having it confirmed by a second or even third MD.
    I know that most of us pay on their own for that, but as I know how the medical system works (I'm an administrating employee for 14 years in several medical facilities) I would not do anything I'm not happy with, just because an MD said so.
    (2005) (2008) TTCBLUE 2015

It's a girl!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Definitely question everything and do your own research, I agree. That's always important bc money does drive the industry to a large extent.

Mamato3?, many vaccines are mandatory in most 1st world countries, and schools won't let you in without them. So it's the same in the US and also in Germany where I live. As for Gardasil, that's one vaccine I highly recommend everyone get (up until age 26, after that it is much less effective), and ideally it should be first given in early puberty, age 13 at the latest for optimal efficacy and disease prevention. Stupidly many countries are only recommending girls get it, but boys need it just as much as they can be HPV carriers and they can even get throat cancer from performing oral sex on either gender. HPV is one of the most widespread viruses and the primary cause of cervical cancer. Since most people will encounter HPV it's one of the most necessary vaccines IMO, it's not a 'just in case' vaccine. Gardasil also passed my personal ingredient check, if that matters to anyone!

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removìng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Vaccinations

I don't vaccinate. I've spent over a decade educating myself on the subject and the emperor has no clothes. The science is shoddy, at best, most likely fraudulent (check out the CDCwhistleblower & hearthiswell hashtags on Twitter & FB, Google a scientist from Denmark named Thorsen & the Merck whistleblower case, just to start).

Vaccines are actively harmful and reactions are far, far more common and more widespread than ever even remotely admitted to. Even when they "work" as claimed, all they really do is push the diseases into the ages that they are far more dangerous for. Vaccine "immunity" wears off after 10 yrs, max, many, including pertussis, wear off even faster, as quickly as 2-4 yrs, so herd immunity from vaccines is a complete myth. The vast majority of the adult population had their vaccines wear off decades ago.

Honestly, I could write volumes (and far more ambitious folks than I have) about the shoddy science, the hundreds upon hundreds of studies showing the risks, the false claims, the cover-ups. It's far too much for one post. If anyone is open to learning more, you can start with reading Dr.Suzanne Humpries book "Disolving Illusions", you can read Hilary Butler's extensively researched & footnoted books for free from her website, Beyond Conformity, you can watch Dr. Sherri Tenpenny's video "Vaccines: The Risks, The Benefits, The Choices", just to start.

If anyone wants to, they can message me. I'm not around much these days, so I have no clue when I'll get back to the thread, but I try to keep up with messages.

Eta The poster above me is mistaken. Most places have exemptions so kids can go to school without vaccines. There are a few countries that make it virtually impossible, along with Mississippi & West Virginia, but most places you do not need vaccines to go to school.

And Gardasil/Cervarix are the most useless AND most deadly of all current vaccines. If any other drug had even remotely the numbers of reactions, there would be a serious investigation. Several countries have pulled it from their recommended lists it's so bad.
    Last edited by blueeyedguys; September 25th, 2014 at 05:10 AM.
    2001 2005 2009 2012

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm a cautious, reasonably well researched, pro-vaccine on a somewhat delayed schedule. I kind of follow the doctor sears book, but with my own modifications based on other research I found.

Others have covered many of the points that I would make (like most places allow for an exemption for personal beliefs, they do in California for sure (I'm a ca attorney, so I checked)).

The only thing I wanted to point out on the whooping cough vaccine is that the cdc recommends it at age 2 months. There was a study in Canada that if it was delayed until 6 months, there was a reduced risk of the baby developing asthma later. The vaccine doesn't "cause" asthma, rather, there was an increased correlation between the kids who got at 2 months, as compared to the kids that got their first dose at 6 months. There was no difference after a 4 month delay in the study. So we pushed that vaccine back to 6 months instead of the standard 2 month old administration.

I am also somewhat concerned about the chicken pox vaccine because as pointed out above, vaccines don't last forever, and getting chicken pox as an adult is much more dangerous than getting chicken pox as a child. If lifelong immunity is better from getting chicken pox at age 5 as compared to the vaccine that will probably wear off at a time when it is much more dangerous for my child to get chicken pox (adult), I think it might be better to suffer through a week of chicken pox.

Also, my understanding is that the rise in shingles amongst the elderly is correlated with the fact that they aren't getting the natural boost of immunity from being around kids with chicken pox anymore, requiring them to get the shingles vaccine instead to boost their waning natural immunity from having the chicken pox as a child. Does that make sense? I may not have explained it well.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom to (2013)
    Got pregnant swaying pink on our 3rd try.
    Fingers crossed for a on June 14, 2015

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What's your views on mmr jab? Both my children have had standard jabs so far but I alwsyas worry and dread them coz the amount of stuff they pumped into them but as a mum with no clue about what actually is in these jabs or how serious it would be if they didn't have them I kinda feel I have to go with what the doctors recommend.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast