Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vaccinations

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Vaccinations

Hi ladies,

Just wondering what your thoughts on vaccinating your babies are? Although I got my two older children their shots I am now having second thoughts with my third child. I work in the health sector myself so I'm no stranger to how the diseases can affect people, but there is a growing amount of research now indicating that vaccinations are more harmful than people are aware. Any opinions / advice / life stories? lol

I'm in Ireland btw, there is a much lower number of vaccinations given here than in the US, and none of them are mandatory (yet!!)
    Last edited by Little Lunasa; September 21st, 2014 at 07:33 PM.

2014 (at age 43, so don't give up hope you older moms!)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is a HIGHLY personal choice. What effected my decision regarding vaccines were:

1. Lack of accountability by drug companies. They literally cannot be sued. In the US, we pay a fee with every vaccine that goes into a pot for distribution for vaccine injury compensation that is given out after going through vaccine court (which is staffed by the drug companies and NO media is allowed there.) I boycott companies that have shady practices, including medical companies.

2. I had boys first. Boys are more likely than girls to be vaccine injured.

3. After I realized that I absolutely would not allow my kids to be vaccinated against diseases I was not vaccinated for, I researched the other diseases and found that the likelihood of my children dying from these diseases in a fully developed country was next to zero.

4. I breastfeed beyond two years, which means my kids are less likely to get these diseases, and significantly less likely to have a severe case causing permanent damage if they do.

5. I am psychologically vaccine injured myself. I still get panic attacks when I see someone else getting a needle, and pass out often when I get one myself. I think the psychological damage of having a caregiver the child trusts pin them down and allow them to be literally stabbed into their muscle with a needle (which causes pain and soreness for DAYS) repeatedly throughout their childhood has not been researched or taken seriously AT ALL.

6. We have the technology and the means to have all childhood vaccines needle free and the drug companies will not change over because they have a mandated customer base and doing so unnecessarily costs them money. So, I won't even consider it until the drug companies start to realize I'm not their automatic customer and they DO have to take into consideration what the consumer wants.

7. Dr Paul Offitt, who the pro-vaccine community ALWAYS holds up as their major proponent, holds a patent for the rotavirus vaccine. Conflict of interest much? He said himself that cashing in on that was "like winning the lottery."

I have ZERO motivation to get other people on board with my way of thinking. Like I said, it's a highly individual choice that you should research yourself, since your conclusion is the only one that really matters. If you are interested, this was the video that most helped me make my decision.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdLMeULoujM

The Vaccine Book, by Dr. Sears, is a great resource as well (and is pro-vaccine!)
    My Gender Dream came true, my family is complete!

2007 2011 2014

3. Thanks MrsSparkles thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Vaccinations

Wow Lillith for someone with no motivation to get people on board, you have just persuaded me! Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a comprehensive answer, I have been researching vaccine damage for a while and had 99% decided against inoculation but it's great to hear from someone who's actually gone down that route. In Ireland people are slow to accept change and vaccines are seen as part of life., I haven't watched the video yet but I will certainly do so. My LO will remain toxin free I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Little Lunasa; September 21st, 2014 at 07:37 PM.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I also recommend the Dr. Sears book. We are pro-vaccination but we gave DS a vaccine schedule more similar to the ones we were raised with 30 years ago. Example - the CDC now recommends Hepatitis B in the hospital the day the baby is born. I personally am not vaccinated against Hepatitis B and I felt it was ridiculous to vaccinate my newborn that was only hours old against a disease that is sexually transmitted.

DS goes to preschool and was required to be up to date before starting at preschool. After weighing the risks I felt OK with getting him his shots to go to school, but I understand there are those out there that feel differently.
    DS1 (2012)
    Due 7/13/2015 ! Swayed pink and I am blessed to be with and (TWINS!)!

6. Thanks MrsSparkles thanked for this post
    IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There is a major outbreak of whooping cough in the US right now. It is very contagious and very dangerous to young children. I would at least consider that one to start. It's 100% preventable with the vaccine and the epidemic has been caused by people "choosing" not to vaccinate.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My issue with the pertussis argument is that about half of all pertussis cases are a B strain of the disease, for which there is no vaccine. We don't test most of the time for which strain people have, so an alert goes out to the community, persuading everyone to get vaccinated, without even knowing if the vaccines would help. The dTaP is also notorious for being among the least effective vaccines for pertussis.
    My Gender Dream came true, my family is complete!

2007 2011 2014

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I vaccinate my children. But I know how scary it is. It is terrifying. I feel that it is slightly less terrifying that the diseases though, which is why I do it. It is a very personal choice.
    Thank you God and Our Lady
    - 2005 - 2007 - 2010 - 2012 - 2013 - 2016

Due January 2021

Dec '12, Feb '13, July '15

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks everyone for your input

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My mom has always been very anti-vaccine and did her best to get me and my brother out of required vaccinations as much as possible. I used to be flat-out against them, too, and I still empathize with the anti-vax perspective to an extent.

Then I went to university and studied biology and developed quite an interest in immunology, microbiology and pharmacology. I quickly became convinced that the reasoning behind vaccines is extremely sound. Theoretically, vaccines are a great idea and historically, well worth the risks in most cases.

However, some vaccines contain(ed) toxic ingredients (such as formaldehyde in the Polio vaccine), often substances used a fixers or preservatives. I'm not talking about viral particles, the actual active ingredient in vaccines - those I consider generally safe. It's the inactive ingredients and solvents that concern me.*** So I carefully examine the ingredient list for each vaccine, and will only have/give my children vaccines with acceptable ingredients.

I also think Lilith's point #5 is a big deal (I agree with most of her points, actually), and I haven't yet decided how best to handle it. Probably I will delay as many vaccines as much as I can, hopefully until my children are old enough to understand why shots are needed. I will also choose non-injection vaccines whenever there is that option, and I might consider administering any necessary injections myself, at home, in the most painless manner possible (I'm trained in phlebotomy).

Of course I would love it if every other person on the planet were fully vaccinated so that my family wouldn't need to be, but that's both unrealistic and incredibly selfish, IMO. Already, several previously extinct or almost extinct viruses are on the rise bc more and more parents are avoiding vaccination.

***Note: I am extremely vigilant about all ingredient lists, whether for food/medicine/internally consumed products or externally applied products like soap, shampoo, lotion and even clothing. I buy organic whenever possible and religiously avoid most synthetics & petroleum products, including limiting the plastìc in my life as much as I can.
    Last edited by maidentomother; September 23rd, 2014 at 01:47 PM.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removìng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Of course I would love it if every other person on the planet were fully vaccinated so that my family wouldn't need to be, but that's both unrealistic and incredibly selfish, IMO. Already, several previously extinct or almost extinct viruses are on the rise bc more and more parents are avoiding vaccination.

THIS is exactly what it is though. Vaccines work to eliminate diseases because everyone get them. Until recently, not until lots of people decided that they should not vaccinate because of 100% inaccurate info on autism, did we not see such and increase in certain things.

I am sure that the children in Africa would LOVE to have the benefit of vaccines.

This is from WHO- The World Health Organization

Key facts

Measles is one of the leading causes of death among young children even though a safe and cost-effective vaccine is available.
    In 2012, there were 122 000 measles deaths globally – about 330 deaths every day or 14 deaths every hour.
    Measles vaccination resulted in a 78% drop in measles deaths between 2000 and 2012 worldwide.
    In 2012, about 84% of the world's children received one dose of measles vaccine by their first birthday through routine health services – up from 72% in 2000.

Since 2000, more than 1 billion children in high risk countries were vaccinated against the disease through mass vaccination campaigns ― about 145 million of them in 2012.

Measles is a highly contagious, serious disease caused by a virus. In 1980, before widespread vaccination, measles caused an estimated 2.6 million deaths each year.

It remains one of the leading causes of death among young children globally, despite the availability of a safe and effective vaccine. Approximately 122 000 people died from measles in 2012 – mostly children under the age of five.

Measles is caused by a virus in the paramyxovirus family. The measles virus normally grows in the cells that line the back of the throat and lungs. Measles is a human disease and is not known to occur in animals.

Accelerated immunization activities have had a major impact on reducing measles deaths. Since 2000, more than one billion children in high risk countries were vaccinated against the disease through mass vaccination campaigns ― about 145 million of them in 2012. Global measles deaths have decreased by 78% from an estimated 562 400 to 122 000.

I am sure the areas suffering from ebola will welcome a vaccine for it!! There are so many things that contain toxins that we breath or consume everyday...using the microwave releases them....so many millions have received vaccines and are 100% ok. The numbers of actual patients that have reactions or real issues actually caused by the vaccines, IMO, outweigh me risking my child getting a disease that he or she could have been protected against. I also get my kids a flu shot. I've had the flu. It's awful. If there a chance that the flu vaccine can prevent my child from suffering like I did, I am all for it. I feel the same about vaccines. I could care less about the drug companies making money. In America, we are a capitalist society. That's the way it works.

I understand that we all have different risk tolerances in life. The original poster asked though and that's my opinion. I don't lose any sleep at night because my kids are vaccinated and the fact that any unvaccinated kids get to benefit for my action, great for them too!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

13. Likes Nurseandi liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast