Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    a hug for you AS... I weaned my son a little over a week ago and after I put him to bed I burst out sobbing- had no idea it would hit me that hard. I know what you mean.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Wanting - I hit the jackpot with my OBGYN because he was totally supportive of tandem nursing.

It's crazy how much I love breastfeeding. I never would have known that it would mean so much to me. Even now after BFing off and on for 20 years now I think, once this baby weans, I'll never breastfeed again and I am so sad about it!!!
    We really are programmed to give. Love that about women!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Aww.

I had to wean DD3 shortly after finding out I was pregnant. It still makes me cry! I miss nursing her, especially at night. She was doing really well at first, but the past couple weeks she has been asking for her "nay nays." And she twiddles everyone. The twiddling is funny/annoying/embarrassing all in one. I'm looking into tandem nursing her and the new baby, though.
    April 2005 March 2007 October 2009 June 2011

Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What a sad post. It's absolutely amazing that you were tandem nursing! I never made it passed that nursing strike with B. I wish I could go back and do things differently. I still remember him peacefully nursing and that was one of the best experiences in life! When he went on nursing strike is had never heard of that and it was a very hard time for us both.

I so look up to you all who EBF long term and like I said, tandem is absolutely amazing to me! I'm sorry it's almost over for Tate:-(

(((HUGS)))

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    aww, but what an achievement to have lasted so long!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What is tandem nursing? Nursing while pg?
    I felt sort of relieved when I weaned off my DDs. I never liked nursing, I did it only bcos I knew that was the best for my babies. I BFed them on demand during first 3 months and then I started some schedule to make it easier for me ( except during the night) I was co-sleeping w/dd1 for 3 years and w/dd2 6 months.
    m/c 2001
    2012 failed sway
    2014 my surprise baby

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ZB, I gather that tandem nursing is nursing 2 children at the same time. She was nursing DS#3 then through her pregnancy with DS#4.

I'm super emotional about nursing my babies too. I nursed all of my children well over a year with DS#1 nursed until 2 years. My friends and family think I'm crazy for nursing so long but it's so special and I miss it. I did get into night nursing and sleeping with my children which made sleeping difficult and I'm glad to have our bed mostly back to ourselves, but you just can't get that special time back with your kids. Nursing is such a special blessing! Nothing against mothers who choose not to nurse or are unable, I just personally love it and if I get pregnant again, who knows how long it will be before Mommy can stop.
    16yrs 7yrs & 4yrs
    DS#2 died day of his birth 12/15/10

Praying and swaying for a precious baby boy but being blessed with a instead

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My baby will be 1 in june and im hoping he still wants to breastfeed for another 7 months or so at least.Im really worn out from still nursing 6 times a day but i will so miss his sleepy eyes and him rubbing my arm while he nurses
    9899030508 1012 for a one day.Summer 20017 pink sway is a go!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by december View Post
    Oh, I'm sorry. That sounds tough. I'm all emotional over weaning from a stupid blue pump... I think it would be much harder from a baby
    I was the same way for my first. I cried... DS1 didnt suck properly, nor did he have the interest to latch on So I pumped faithfully. Due to lack of milk supply I cried at 6weeks when I dried up (cried for days!!!!). DS2 I knew what to expect so it wasnt as bad when I had to switch him over to formula.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12