Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: pumping

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congrats on your little girl! Is she latched on properly? As in mouth wide open, lips curled out and nipple in the back of her mouth? if she doesn't have your nipple in her mouth properly, take her off (pinky in the corner of her mouth) and try again. In between the feedings you could use mother mates at night and lanoline during the day. Anyone in your area that is a nursing consultant?
    Mummy to a girl, born sleeping & two gorgeous & loud little boys

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you. The midwives doing home visits seem to think she is latched on great. The pain is the initial few sucks on the already sore parts. The thing that troubles me is the shape of the nipple when she comes off :/
    Mummy to

born Aug 2018

06/14

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Huge congratulations!! Have you got nipple cream (lansinoh -sp!?) That along with avent breast shells saved my poor nipples. Cream was a barrier and the shells instead of breastbpads meant i wasn't ripping the breastpad off the healing nipple and injuring it each time. I can post you breast shells as i wont use them again (washed and sterilised lol!!) Baby left my nipple a bit flat but I figured she had tiny teeny mouth. As long as she's not sooking on your nipple as that is unbearable. I've heard loads of instances of tongue tie in the past year, might be worth getting checked if the pain persists and 2nd opinions on latch/tongue tie in case someone else picks up something that's missed x
    OUR GENDER DREAMING SUCCESS!!
    BFP 11 dpo on FRER, ttc pink month 4, (following blighted ovum in February 2014) HB seen 6+0!!! WOW harmony test says GIRL 17/05/14 ... Please let it be true!!! Confirmed GIRL @ 30/05/14 / 16+1 gender scan!!
    Baby girl E arrived 30/10/14, our family is complete
    Thank you atomic
    2003 2007 2011 (IG "failed" sway, TTC#3 mc month 6, mc month 8, dropped all swaying month 11 - BFP!! Blessed with a gorgeous baby boy) due 13 November 2014

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What shape are your nipples when she comes off? Do you have little cuts in your nipples? Not sure how you call them in English, but a lot of women have them because baby has been latched on wrong and it will be sore for awhile once that's happened Tong ties is also a good point, you'll be able to see for yourself if she can stick out her tongue far enough. If not it will need to be cut.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Huge congrats although I'm sorry it didn't go your way.

What I have found with the breast pain is that it gets worst right before it's about to get better. It will heal even if you're nursing, it's really strange because it hurts like the blazes and then the next day it's gone.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

6. Thanks Babybeaublue thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Babybeaublue View Post
    Thank you. The midwives doing home visits seem to think she is latched on great. The pain is the initial few sucks on the already sore parts. The thing that troubles me is the shape of the nipple when she comes off :/
    Don't worry about the shape when she comes off, that doesn't mean anything. They bounce back LOL

IT is very normal to have a bit of pain at first but then it gets better. If the midwives are saying the latch is good, it can be just a matter of the nipples having to get used to the idea.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well my nipples are raw, I mean I am near to the point of bleeding. Pumping isn't as sore so I've had to resort to doing that. I am just in tears if I feed baby myself but I still want to give her the b/milk so this is a compromise. She lost more weight than she should and wasn't gaining a single gram but is more content now bless her
    Mummy to

born Aug 2018

06/14

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've heard loads of instances of tongue tie in the past year, might be worth getting checked if the pain persists and 2nd opinions on latch/tongue tie in case someone else picks up something that's missed x[/QUOTE]

Mrs I
    Different midwife today. Possible tongue tie. Waiting for Drs appointment, excuse me while I go cry. Again.
    Mummy to

born Aug 2018

06/14

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just when you think it can't possibly get worse, it suddenly gets better.

IF pumping is helping, then of course you have to do what you have to do! It can be rough getting going at first even for those of us who have done it before. (raw nips and so on)

I hope you get good news at the doc's office and this works itself out soon.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Unfortunately a lot of midwives don't know that much about breastfeeding. My midwife was also very content, but I was in pain and when I had a specialized lactation nurse come over (what do you call them in the US lol? Ah lactation consultant?) she gave me loads of tips on how to prevent and defeat problems. It sounds so so sore, I hope you feel better soon once her tongue tie is clipped and she can latch on properly.

12. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast