Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

sleeping through

When did your breastfed baby drop the night feeds? My baby is 13 weeks old and is feeding 3 times a night. My ff babies slept through from around 5 months, apart from dd2 who was only a few weeks old when she slept all night. Also people keep telling me bf babies cry more? This one sure does but so did dd4 and she was ff.

Can anyone also give me some tips for feeding when we go out? I'm always in a panic in case I can't find somewhere to go. Any of those cover things you wear any good?

Thanks
    Mummy to

born Aug 2018

06/14

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well with my DS1 he never slept through the night until he was 2.5 years! Apart from that, DS1 began to sleep 5 hours straight (consistently) at around 8-9 months .

My DS2 is a much better sleeper and began to sleep 5 hours straight at around 12 weeks. I think with both boys they nursed two times in the middle of the night up until they were both around 10-12 months. Then only once in the middle of the night until they started to wean themselves around 17-18 months. I nursed them both until they weaned at 20 months.

Breastfed babies do cry a bit more because they burn through the breastmilk faster and need to eat more. As far as when going out, I loved my hooter hiders nursing cover but am more of a fan of the Honest Co. Nursing scarf. It is more of a poncho that provides full coverage when babies thrash about .

Hang in there! You're doing great!!

3. Likes aussiesmiler, Sunbuny liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hooter hiders!!! Lol!! That made me laugh! Thanks for the info x
    Mummy to

born Aug 2018

06/14

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Babybeaublue View Post
    Hooter hiders!!! Lol!! That made me laugh! Thanks for the info x
    I know, right!! It's an apron type of nursing cover. My boys would expose me like nobody's business with it, but I loved it. I prefer the full coverage poncho types and the one from Honest Co. you can wear as an actual scarf too.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My babies have been all over the map with sleeping thru the night. Never before 6 months though. The breastmilk just gets digested faster (which is good really but they do tend to wake up a bit more)

I don't think BF babies cry any more than any other babies. I had 3 very good BF babies, one so-so baby, and one hellion LOL and all BF.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

7. Thanks Babybeaublue thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mine would never go under the covers but usually if I was wearing a baggy shirt I could pull it down to cover up everything just fine.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ^^I have only ever had a comment in 23 years of nursing and it was in an emergency room. I wasn't paying attention to how well I was covered because I was tucked away in a corner where no one could even see me and also in a flat panic because my child was terribly ill. But she would never have seen me anyway if she hadn't walked by to make a cell phone call. I think there are just some people in the world who are looking for a fight and usually you never happen to run into them. I have nursed in lots of other more exposed places without a cover and never had a comment or even a look. Just bad luck to run into a butthead just at the wrong moment. But, they did put me ahead of the other people waiting after that happened so it's all good.

10. Likes Prepsina2014, Babybeaublue liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think bf babies are more easily comforted (in my experience!) because a quick nurse always settled mine! DD (9 months this week) has been my best sleeper at night, giving me a good 5-8 hour stretch from around 8 weeks, regularly enough to make me feel human. However she doesn't nap during the day unless we're out and she sleeps in her carseat, or when she's feeding she will happily sleep in my arms for hours but if I move she's awake instantly which is great when dh is home as i get the odd nap! When I'm out i wear a vest top to pull down and a top over which i pull up, full coverage and i drape a muslin cloth over my chest for a bit more coverage until she's latched on and content. Not covering her head, just the top of my breast as i just feel more confident knowing no one could possibly be offended as I'm being discreet and its their problem if they have an issue!! Good luck and enjoy, its truly a wonderful experience. Xx
    OUR GENDER DREAMING SUCCESS!!
    BFP 11 dpo on FRER, ttc pink month 4, (following blighted ovum in February 2014) HB seen 6+0!!! WOW harmony test says GIRL 17/05/14 ... Please let it be true!!! Confirmed GIRL @ 30/05/14 / 16+1 gender scan!!
    Baby girl E arrived 30/10/14, our family is complete
    Thank you atomic
    2003 2007 2011 (IG "failed" sway, TTC#3 mc month 6, mc month 8, dropped all swaying month 11 - BFP!! Blessed with a gorgeous baby boy) due 13 November 2014

12. Thanks Babybeaublue thanked for this post
    Likes XXforhubby, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mrs I - I can't believe she is almost 9 months! Where has the time gone??
    My LO cries (screams) when she is tired, not hungry; even if she has just woken up, if she has only been asleep a short time she cries hard. Luckily she is great at night, goes straight back to sleep after a feed.
    Mummy to

born Aug 2018

06/14

14. Likes atomic sagebrush, Mrs_Incredible liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know babybeaublue! Time is passing too quickly. How are you doing!? Xx
    OUR GENDER DREAMING SUCCESS!!
    BFP 11 dpo on FRER, ttc pink month 4, (following blighted ovum in February 2014) HB seen 6+0!!! WOW harmony test says GIRL 17/05/14 ... Please let it be true!!! Confirmed GIRL @ 30/05/14 / 16+1 gender scan!!
    Baby girl E arrived 30/10/14, our family is complete
    Thank you atomic
    2003 2007 2011 (IG "failed" sway, TTC#3 mc month 6, mc month 8, dropped all swaying month 11 - BFP!! Blessed with a gorgeous baby boy) due 13 November 2014

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast