Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

cycling Genesis August 2013

Hi, Well I found how to start a thread.
    We have just booked all our flights, accommodation and treatment in Cyprus. I start on the OCP today, start Suprefact on 6th August, start Meronial injections 17th and fly to Cyprus on 18th August. 1st scan and meeting with Dr Savvas is on 24th August. We are trying for a boy, as we have 3 girls (10,8,5) and I am 42. Thought about going to HRC and spoke with Dr Potter, but just can't afford flights etc on top of treatment in California. We have decided to only have one embryo put back, and only a boy (assuming there are any). I know this reduces our chances significantly, but we know we couldn't cope with more than 1 baby at a time. A family of more than 4 for us would be too much.

I am anxious about the treatment and injections. Lilian has forwarded me lots of links to youtube to show how to give myself the medication, but still very nervous. Could I ask anyone who has had treatment wiht Dr Savvas to let me know what I can expect. Did anyone have any side-effects with the treatment? How did you manage to handle having kids with you?

We are taking our 3 girls with us, but I don't want them anywhere near the clinic if I can help it. 10 yr olds will definitely ask questions. We will be there for 3 weeks in total, and I am just hoping that all goes to plan.
    Thanks in advance for all your advice. Anyone else going in August?

Jo

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just wanted to say good luck. I did not have any side effects from the medications. A little more irritable and short tempered but that could have just been me blaming it on meds. LOL. I am going to HRC in August with my kids so I can't offer any advice but I am sure someone will chime in.

Come join us in the hitech member section you will get some much more advice and support. It is further down the page.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi, I have cycled with Savvas twice last November and in June. I'm one of the lucky ones who have got pg both times although sadly had a m/c first time and am currently only 8.5 weeks so still a long way to go. You should def become a dream member as loads of info in HT section from those that have cycled at Genesis or are planning to. Meds are surprisingly ok, I was terrified first time and DH or a Dr had to do the first few for me but then I was fine and no side effects. You won't be at the clinic for long and everyone is really lovely - scans max 30 mins, ER about 1.5 to 2 hours in total and ET just over an hour so u can go on your own. DH only needs to be there to do his bit before EC so could go ahead of u and then u could turn up with the girls and he can go off with them. PM if u would like more info but hope to see u in HT section. Really good luck. X

Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome munichjo. I have made a "cycling at Genesis" sticky in the HT section. There is information about the clinic, costs, car hire, hotels and a lot more! You also can chat with other people who go or went to dr Savvas. Good luck with you cycle!

Please can you fill out the cycle sticky form so we can chear you on?

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi guys I am really new to this, I don't know if I'm doing this correctly. I have just come back from Genesis Clinic everthing went really well while we was there, we have 4 healthy embroys that were A grade, a 2 embryo transfer but I didn't get pregnant We have 2 frozen embryos left and planning on going back for a FET. I really scared and lost faith in the clinic as I know somebody else who has also just failed there. Also been told that although we have 2 embryos its likely only 1 will survive. Just wondering where I went wrong and if anybody has been through this?????

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Vickey, I would strongly suggest you become a dream member, we have heaps of people who go to Genesis in there, unfortunately their stats are not huge, though we do get pregnancies from there,

It is likely both of your embryos will thaw as they use vitrification and most people who go back for a FET have not had any problems, so hopefully it will be the same for you.

I am sorry it didn't work this time.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks.....so have you been to Genesis....I'm sorry to sound stupid but what do you mean by dream member?

Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No she didn't but I did and I'm very happy with the clinic. I did got pregnant with our boy (see my blog) but I still want a girl too so we are planning to go back. I think it's the best option in Europe.....

I'm sorry it didn't work out for you this time but maybe with your FET. They test 5 chromosomes and not 24 so many things can go wrong with an embryo. But there are more factors besides the embryo.

A dream member is a paying member. I have made a "cycling at Genesis" sticky in the international member section so people can find information about the clinic, succesrates and other important stuff. People can also chat about their experience with this clinic and chear eachother on.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    o.k. I don't know if I want to start paying to be on this site. I have no money with the 9000 Euros that I've just paid, it was all my savings that I ever had and it took me so long to save. Now I'm saving up again to go back for a FET. I'm really scared, I just wonder if I'm reading too much into it or can I trust the clinic. This hasn't happened to me before and I know somebody else who I meet there also can back and it didn't work???

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Vickey, I'm sorry it didn't work for you. I'm currently pg from Genesis as are a few other recent cyclers. The stats from Genesis aren't anywhere near as good as the USA and I think I'm right in saying there have also only been a couple of FET successes at Genesis on this forum. It's only $12 to join for a year, and so worth it as you can see/gain so much info from past and current cyclers. Without doubt the best $12 I've spent on this entire journey or I would have ended up in North Cyprus and no hope of getting my DD! Good luck and hope to see you in the members section. xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast