Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Temping question for boy sway

This is my first time posting so hopefully I do this right. I am swaying boy and plan on waiting until the morning I get the spike in temperature to DDT. My reasoning is because my sister in law conceived 3 sons this way. Our doctor told her to do this.. I also know another women who conceived a boy on the day of the spike in temp. We are both taking all the supplements and my husband and I are also adjusting out diet. My question is has anyone else waited until the day of the spike to have sex and if so did it work

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Every body is different and temps can take up to two days after Ovulatuon to rise, you would never have a chance at a pregnancy this way. I am taking my temps for years now and I have experienced every situation. One month temps would rise the day I was supposed to O and next month two days after O.

I would just dtd every other day, that's what we did when I conceived DS. Good luck with your sway .

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I never relied on my temps because they don't tell you when you ovulated until after you have ovulated. My temps were always different every cycle so I used OPK's also

2007 2008 2012

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi!

I really really do not recommend doing this. First of all, we have seen far better results with doing more than one attempt in the fertile window for blue. And secondly, the day of the temp spike equates to the day after ovulation for most people. That means the egg is DEAD. I have several studies that show zero pregnancies resulting from sex the day after ovulation.

The people you know either had had sex before and got pg from sperm that had stayed alive in their reproductive tracts (sperm can survive possibly up to 7 days and for sure 5 if there is EWCM present), miscalculated their O date (studies have shown that only 30% of women correctly determine ovulation using temping alone), or ~possibly~ released more than one egg and hit only the last one.

I have 3 of my 4 boys conceived with intercourse 2-4 days before O (and the 4th was a sneak attack, I don't know when I got him). Timing doesn't sway in any reliable way, and it's been demonstrated that it doesn't work in dozens of studies. We are getting great results for blue with 3-5 attempts in the fertile window, and great results for pink with just one attempt, so I hate to see anyone who wants a boy limiting themselves to just one attempt.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ