Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Traveling from London - PGD advice needed!!!

I have three girls (youngest is 2) and my husband just agreed (after a lot of persuasion) to have a fourth and he is also on board to make it a boy if possible

I have done my research and PGD seems to be the only sure way and my options are either going to Cyprus or the USA. (or is Switzerland or Belgium an option?) I have spoken to Dr. Rainsbury who was lovely but the logistics actually seem easier going to the USA, NY specifically. My husband is American and goes there often for work and there are more flights to the USA (even though it is a longer trip). With 3 little ones at home I want to spend the min time there. I also need to find a doctor / clinic who can organise all the tests / scans here in London so I am going to the USA for the min time - 5 days max hopefully for egg collection, fertilization & embryo transfer and if it fails first time but they have frozen embryos then hopefully less time on subsequent visits. (In Cyrprus I would have had to stay 10/12 days and make it a family holiday which sounds lovely but logistically is hard to plan with school holidays, husband's work etc)

I am 38, will be at least 39 by the time I have this baby but have no fertility issues, in fact have got pregnant first time very time I tried. I am also told I have plenty of eggs (hopefully the quality of them is good too).

I can only transfer one embryo at a time because I cannot risk having twins. So I need a clinic with a very high success rate & who are confident only putting one embryo in (Dr. Rainsbury advocated 2 because he said the chances were too low with only one).

Does anyone know the best clinic for me? The Fertility Institutes seem to have everything in place in London with regards to tests etc and Steinberg seems confident putting only one embryo in but I have read bad reviews about him. However, the reviews mostly talk about the clinic being impersonal etc. To be honest I am more concerned about his success rate. Does anyone have an opinion or possibly a recommendation of another clinic that coordinates with London?

Also do these clinic do genetic screening for downs etc before they put the embryos in?

Thanks!

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi there.

I highly encourage you to become a Dream Member so you may access the private HT info. All of the current cyclers are posting in there and we have lots of Internationals in there.

Regarding time, you will have to be there longer than 5 days if you have a fresh transfer. If you opt for a planned freeze, you could pull it off with that few days but not with a fresh transfer. You don't transfer until day 6 in the US AFTER ER so there's just no way.

I would absolutely recommend the US over Cyprus. Not even close to the same success rates with a SET. Many girls put back 3 embryos to try and get a BFP there. Not ideal at all.

If you come to the US, they test ALL chromosomes. Cyprus just tests X, Y, 13, 18, 21 which does include Downs testing.

SIRM in NY is good. Dr Braverman is a doctor that posts on here that works with people Internationally too.

Nobody goes through Rainsbury to cycle with Cyprus. They just go there directly.

Proven fertility is great but at 38, it's hard to say what your chances of it working the first time are. If you transfer a fully tested embryo, they are pretty decent.

I hope you will join us in the Member section.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Tank you so much for your feedback! I will become a memeber today. See you in a while on the members side

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is just one of the links in the Member section dedicated to travelling from the UK for IVF-

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/inte...selection.html

It only works for members though.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey there sorry I just read this post, I was also looking in at SIRM for a friend of mine but however I read up on their website and they do do the IVF/PGD but with FISH, and I was told that's not reliable??

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    However they do offer CGH which I'm not 100% what that is! :S

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by afya1 View Post
    However they do offer CGH which I'm not 100% what that is! :S
    Hi there. Welcome. I encourage you to become a Dream Member so you can learn about the process. Most are using day 5 aCGH at SIRM. It tests all chromosomes. We have a lot of info in the member section that speaks to the different testing methods and which ones should be avoided.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD