Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by jilliciousca View Post
    Oh Jany, Im so excited to see that you finally got your baby girl and wow you went thru a lot to get her! So happy for you! I went to Dr Acasio in S. CA.

Nuthin, sweet of you to think of me! Husband and I have been married 3 years and started trying then. Its always been about a girl for us. Initially we did all the sway techniques naturally, then we did the spinning w/ the IUI's and we saved the extra $4k for the gender testing specifically to make sure we put in girls. Our goal has always been to conceive a girl. In part this is due to genetic concerns and having autism in boys hit close to home for us w/ 2 boys, so were extra concerned about that. I know girls can get it too, but odds are much higher w/ boys.
    DH feelings now are were going to get the girl and hes excited were further along than weve been previously. I dont think either of us anticipated such a long road! Hes definitely more of a glass half full type (and not pumped up w/ hormones for the last month!) haha
    Feeling for u honey. I know how desperate one can become in this situation. Please advise where u have had the soerm spinning done? Thanku.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If the result was 7 boys, 1 girl, I'd say the spinning isn't very effective. Sperm spinning has never been proven to work.

Have you POAS yet? Any news?
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by jilliciousca View Post
    Oh Jany, Im so excited to see that you finally got your baby girl and wow you went thru a lot to get her! So happy for you! I went to Dr Acasio in S. CA.

Nuthin, sweet of you to think of me! Husband and I have been married 3 years and started trying then. Its always been about a girl for us. Initially we did all the sway techniques naturally, then we did the spinning w/ the IUI's and we saved the extra $4k for the gender testing specifically to make sure we put in girls. Our goal has always been to conceive a girl. In part this is due to genetic concerns and having autism in boys hit close to home for us w/ 2 boys, so were extra concerned about that. I know girls can get it too, but odds are much higher w/ boys.
    DH feelings now are were going to get the girl and hes excited were further along than weve been previously. I dont think either of us anticipated such a long road! Hes definitely more of a glass half full type (and not pumped up w/ hormones for the last month!) haha
    I know this is a tough situation and just wanted to say that I hope everything turns out well. Hugs to you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi there, I recommend you posting in the private section, you have to become a member but there are a ton more people in there posting about this and have so much knowledge.

Personally I think that a clinic should never put you in this kind of position.

Also with the 7 normal embryos and only 1 girl, this can be totally normal. We unfortunately see it a lot, but on the other hand we see it when people want a girl or a boy and get that many of their desired gender.

WIth fully tested embies you should never put back 2, especially first up. Twin pregnancies are hard and riskier.

I think when you cycle on meds you may make decisions you would not usually make. There is never a problem with freezing and coming back for FET if need be, but you should of both been in agreeance.

Good luck, if you both agreed on a girl, if you aren't pregnant then you could try again.

A lot of us have spent a ton on IVF, mine is in the 6 figures and I don't regret a cent, neither will you if you need to do another round.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Everyone, thanks for all the replies and support!

Well, we did our transfer on Day 6 (Valentines Day) and put in our only girl and a boy. At 5dp6dt I got a BFP!! I was so excited and could just feel when it happened. I raced home and took a test and sure enough it was positive. I wanted to be sure all was good before I broke the news to DH, b/c I would hate to break his heart, so I waited 3 days until my beta and when they confirmed pregnancy I told him! I got flowers and made a special dinner, of spaghetti w/ PREGO and I had BUNS IN THE OVEN and then when he finished his plate he noticed the "Were Pregnant!" message on it. He was so so happy and it was a wonderful moment. I wrote him a sweet card about how Id been carrying his babys since Valentines Day..it was an amazing moment.

At 13DPO I did my first beta at 62.4, but 4 days later they said it dropped to 22 and to expect a chemical. Im so sad. It was my only shot at a girl AF still hasn't arrived, my BBT are remaining high, despite that I stopped taking meds 4 days ago. Now I guess I just wait for AF. Ill speak w/ my Dr. on Tuesday to see what happened.

My 35th bday is on Monday so Im really bummed w/ knowing we don't have a baby and pray AF isn't that day.

Glory - I completely agree with what you said "I think when you cycle on meds you may make decisions you would not usually make. There is never a problem with freezing and coming back for FET if need be, but you should of both been in agreeance." man I keep going over my decision in my head and wishing I had been more adamant on waiting with my girl.

DH and I have decided that since we have 5 boys on ice we will do a FET with those first, until we work out the kinks with why were having trouble getting pregnant and then do another round of IVF to get my girl.

I keep repeating to myself that "Life is all about how you handle Plan B!"

For those who asked about the spinning - we did spinning only w/ our IUI's at the Fertility Center of CA, but all IUIs resulted in BFN

Thanks again for all the support!

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm so sorry about the loss. You sound much better and I think your plan is great! IVF will always be there if you need it. Good luck and please keep us posted.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12