Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can a couple of weeks on diet change cycle length?

I loosely started the LE diet a couple weeks ago by not having breakfast and trying to make lower nutrient choices. My cycle has always been regular - 28 days and ovulating cd 15 (give or take a day).
    This cycle I ovulated cd 12 (confirmed with temp spike) and now started my period at cd 22.
    Has anyone else had the diet affect them this way? Is it ok? I'm a bit nervous to go more full on with the LE diet of I'm affected this much so far.
    I will be my attempt for a girl in aug .

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, very common especially the first couple cycles as your body adjusts. We believe it's part of how swaying pink works so it's a good sign, provided things don't get too crazy.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I personally don't think these type of changes happen in 2 weeks' time just from skipping breakfast and doing a slight LE Diet.

ARe you doing anything else like herbs or anything?

Can you tell me exactly what your diet consists of in terms of cals, protein, fat? And have you lost a ton of weight (in excess of 3 lbs a week)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not tracking any calories or nutrient amounts but here is a typical day:
    -having a tea or latte mid morning with milk,
    -an English muffin with butter and cucumber and/or pb and honey plus strawberries,
    -soda crackers, low fat yogurt or granola bar for snack,
    -homemade Turkey burger on a flat multigrain bun with lettuce, red pepper and some shoe string fries. Water to drink all day. Sometimes a glass of sweet white wine at night.
    Last edited by Boyboygirl; May 15th, 2015 at 04:52 PM.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh and haven't really lost weight - maybe a tiny bit but my weigh fluctuates about a pound throughout a cycle. And not taking any herbs or supplements at all.
    Last edited by Boyboygirl; May 15th, 2015 at 05:09 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, it can be a good idea to track at least a few days at the start to get a good feel for how much you're eating. But, that having been said your diet looks pretty good (I see you're eating both fat and some protein too) and if you haven't lost weight I seriously doubt this is diet just yet.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Maybe just a coincidence - I guess I'll see what this next cycle is like!
    Since I don't have much weight to spare, I know I need to be careful to get enough calories since I don't usually eat non fat products and will be trying to eat those more instead of the full/ low fat options I'm used to. It's also a big change switching from whole grain (breads & oatmeal) to white/ refined versions.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you prefer the whole grains at least some of the time, that is the number one thing that I admit I am not sure about. Some things in swaying, there is evidence pointing both ways and that is chief among them. The oats are prob. best avoided because of the avenocasides but the whole grain bread, if you like it better, that's your call to make. We have gotten good results on our alternate PCOS diets and they use wholegrains.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok thank you! I do want to cut out things that are strongly suggested to avoid - I do want a decent sway after all . I'm glad I started the LE way of eating enough in advance that I have had time to make changes as I go along. Skipping breakfast is a huge change for me and I've been doing well. I've started having a vanilla latte in the morning to compensate for breakfast - do you think it's pretty important to have it sugar free and skim milk? It tastes so much better with the regular vanilla syrup and 2% lol.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, whole grains are NOT strongly suggested to avoid. They are "atomic doesn't even know if we SHOULD be avoiding them as they may even sway pink in some or even all cases". This is a work in progress and as things progress we find out more and more, and the fact is that on the PCOS diets (with somewhat lower carb intake, whole grains or white rice instead of wheat) people seem to be getting better results than on standard LE. That may be coincidental as in, people who can do the standard LE Diet may be more "set" for boys to start with or it may not be. I am having more and more people do the alternate diets and if the numbers continue to improve we may end up including more and more whole grains.

Please understand that a latte in the morning, esp. one made with lots of milk and real sugar, IS BREAKFAST. Now, I am ok with people having coffee with some milk or cream and either no sweetener or artificial sweetener, and in fact I cheated and used some real sugar in my morning coffee. But a latte has a LOT of milk (even if you use skim milk, there is still plenty of nutrition in skim milk) and if you put sugar into that as well, you may as well just eat breakfast. It's hundreds of calories of protein + carbs and that may sway blue.

11. Thanks Boyboygirl thanked for this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast